Thread: south carolina

Post imported post

Hi,

My friend is coming up to visit in a few weeks and wants to bring his gun so we can go to a range and shoot. is his permit valid here in CT?

Post imported post

His SC permit is NOT reciprocated anywhere in the New England area...

Handgunlaw.us
    States donít have rights. People do.

Post imported post

ddepedro wrote:
    Hi,

My friend is coming up to visit in a few weeks and wants to bring his gun so we can go to a range and shoot. is his permit valid here in CT?
    You must have a CT Permit to Carry Pistols And Revolvers to carry in CT. I have a SC CWP, and a non-res CT permit. It's very easy and relatively quick to get a CT non-res permit.

Post imported post

i wish sc offered non resident permits. i am traveling there for vacation over the summer and cant bring my protection legally.

Post imported post

stacks04 wrote:
    i wish sc offered non resident permits. i am traveling there for vacation over the summer and cant bring my protection legally.
    You can have it in your car...glove compartment..

Post imported post

stacks04 wrote:
    In SC, if you can legally buy a handgun, you may legally carry a handgun (loaded or unloaded) in your vehicle, in either the glovebox, center console, or a container (hardside, not a bag) with an integral locking fastener. You may also carry a firearm in a room for which an accommodations tax has been paid, and between the room and your vehicle.

Post imported post

Hef wrote:
    stacks04 wrote:
    In SC, if you can legally buy a handgun, you may legally carry a handgun (loaded or unloaded) in your vehicle, in either the glovebox, center console, or a container (hardside, not a bag) with an integral locking fastener. You may also carry a firearm in a room for which an accommodations tax has been paid, and between the room and your vehicle.

The container does not have to be hardside, only have an integral latch. A gun rug will suffice since it has a zipper.

Post imported post

thanks guys. i guess i will bring it and atleast have it in the hotel room.