• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New guns worth waiting for?

45acpForMe

imported post

A while back I was waiting for a couple guns to become produced and available.

I still am waiting to see if the XDM in 45acp comes out and its capacity.

So my question for this thread is, "Are there any guns that are coming out soon that people are waiting for?"

I waited for the Sig P250 in 45acp only to be disappointed with the 10+1 capacity.

I saw some video from the SHOT show and saw a couple interesting mods on existing guns but haven't really heard of any really new exciting designs.

I guess an alternative idea is what guns/modifications would you pay for if it was available?

Please chime in.

SavageOne

imported post

Waiting for the Kel-Tec PMR-30. It's a .22 mag with a 30 round clip. Don't want it for SD just want it for a plinker. The main problem is most ammo companies have shifted away from .22 mag production runs towards larger cal.. Cheaper ammo is becoming harder to find.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

SavageOne wrote:
Waiting for the Kel-Tec PMR-30. It's a .22 mag with a 30 round clip. Don't want it for SD just want it for a plinker. The main problem is most ammo companies have shifted away from .22 mag production runs towards larger cal.. Cheaper ammo is becoming harder to find.
I'm interested in this little piece myself. .22 mag isn't anything to sneeze at, it can still bea fatal round to be hit with. This ammo is still readily available and less expensive than the rest.

GlockMeisterG21

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Kimber Super Carry Pro is going to be my next purchase. I already have one on order.

Super-Carry-wm.jpg

45acpForMe

imported post

SavageOne wrote:
http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/pmr30.htm

Interesting pistol. I have a Walther P22 which my daughters use for target practice. It is a nice (small for my hands) pistol but my two complaints about it are 1) 10+1 which go by so fast and 2) pain to breakdown/reassemble. I always thought a 22 with double stack mags would be better.

So what is the real-life difference between 22LR and 22mag?

45acpForMe

imported post

GlockMeisterG21 wrote:
Kimber Super Carry Pro is going to be my next purchase. I already have on on order.
Very sweet looking gun. I originally meant the thread to be for guns that would be "soon-to-be-available-hopefully" but I guess you are "waiting" for your shipment. :)

GlockMeisterG21

Campaign Veteran
imported post

45acpForMe wrote:
GlockMeisterG21 wrote:
Kimber Super Carry Pro is going to be my next purchase. I already have one on order.
Very sweet looking gun. I originally meant the thread to be for guns that would be "soon-to-be-available-hopefully" but I guess you are "waiting" for your shipment. :)
It's on order but it'll be about 4-6 months before I get it. I don't think they've been released yet but I could be wrong. I have yet to see one on gunbroker or gunsamerica.

shad0wfax

imported post

45acpForMe wrote:
So my question for this thread is, "Are there any guns that are coming out soon that people are waiting for?"
What I'm most excited about is the new Hodgdon IMR 8208 XBR powder that's coming out but that's not what you asked about. :)

The civilian version of the SCAR-H (SCAR 17S) by FN is what I'd like to get my hands on. Actually, I'd want a modified version that came with the same muzzle brake as the Mil version. I seriously lust after the 17S but I know I'll never be able to afford one. I think the production is quite limited and they're already talking about prices at double the MSRP and up at most of the places who can even get them. (FNH USA is infamous for not shipping in quantity to smaller dealers...)

I'd also like to get ahold of the SCAR-L IAR variant that alternates between open-bolt and closed-bolt (full auto) modes as the barrel and action heat up, but good luck with that one. Since I'm not a Class 3 SOT demonstrating to LEO/Mil I'll never be able to own one of these. Besides, I think it's just an IAR test-bed/competition entry and not a production rifle yet. Even if it makes it to production, us un-special civilians will never be able to get one.

Perhaps the new Remington (actually Bushmaster) ACR (civilian version) will be an alternative to the 16S/17S from FN that might even be more readily available at retailers? Plus, Bushmaster's version is set up with adjustable ports for suppressed and unsuppressed firing even on the civilian version. The FN SCAR-L and -H are only offering that adjustable setup on their Mil/LEO versions.

The new Savage "Tactical" rifle chambered in .338 Lapua is interesting as well. (It's a touch heavier than I'd like and I'd rather have a suppressor for it instead of the muzzle brake, but it's still drool-worthy.) The idea of a commercially available, true detachable box-magazine fed, bolt-action, US made long-range rifle chambered in a decent caliber for under $2,500 (without optics) just makes me happy. Californians with the .50 BMG ban will now have a new LPO (liberal pisser-offer) to play with. HAH! If I had the money, I'd be buying one of these as a less expensive alternative to a comparable custom rifle.

FN is finally making an FNP-45 Tactical with a threaded barrel. Too bad I already got a H&K USP Tactical years earlier... I still wouldn't mind getting the FNP-45 Tactical also. In fact, I'd really like one.

The new Glock (Gen 4) seems interesting. I'm not sure I would buy one though.

The Kahr P380 looks like a sweet setup for a backup gun.

The new VLTOR Fortis (based on the Bren 10) looks like an interesting 10mm setup. If money were no object I might want one.

I think if I had to pick just one new firearm for 2010 it would be the FN 17S. The civy version of the ACR from Bushmaster/Remington/Magpul would be a very close second.

45acpForMe

imported post

shad0wfax wrote:
The civilian version of the SCAR-H (SCAR 17S) by FN is what I'd like to get my hands on.
Perhaps the new Remington (actually Bushmaster) ACR (civilian version)
The new Savage "Tactical" rifle chambered in .338 Lapua is interesting as well.
Yes the FN SCAR looks interesting and I had been waiting for the Bushmaster ACR for a long time and finally broke down and got a Sig556. I doubt I will get another in the same caliber so the Savage .338 looks interesting.

I haven't had alot of time to shoot rifles so they are lower on my want list. I got the necessary Zombie defense rifles though. :)

45acpForMe

imported post

tekshogun wrote:
My nickname for my NAA 32acp is "Angry Cricket". :)
No good if the person you're shooting at has clothing lined with blackberry's :lol:

At the "Box of Truth" one of the tests a .32 had better penetration than a 9mm and 40SWp.http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot27.htm

It is definitely a deep-conceal gun or BUG. I much prefer having something larger with me. :)

sevenplusone

imported post

45acpForMe wrote:
tekshogun wrote:
My nickname for my NAA 32acp is "Angry Cricket". :)
No good if the person you're shooting at has clothing lined with blackberry's :lol:

At the "Box of Truth" one of the tests a .32 had better penetration than a 9mm and 40SWp.http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot27.htm

It is definitely a deep-conceal gun or BUG. I much prefer having something larger with me. :)

In all fairness the .32 was an FMJ and the rest were JHPs. Just saying. If you put up a 9mm FMJ compared to a .32the results will be significantly different.

I for one would like to see an affordable 100 anniversary 1911 from Colt.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Guys, the thing about the .32 and blackberry's was just a joke....

If a .32 didn't have the capability to penetrate and kill someone, it would have never been produced as much as it has...

SsevenN

imported post

Everyone say it with me! "The Caracal!" "The Caracal!""The Caracal!" "The Caracal!"

Caracalbrochure003-1.jpg

Less parts than a glock, lower bore axis, high capacity, attachable forgrip and buttstock (not for us :( )

Coolest wonder nine, ever.

"

Design details

Features

The Caracal is a fully ambidextrous polymer framed pistol that features an ergonomically designed grip with a rounded butt and a grip angle of 111°.[1] The lower forward edge of the frame has a mounting-bracket or rail interface system for mounting accessories.[7] The pistols low slide profile design holds the pistol barrel axis close to the shooters hand and makes pistols more comfortable to shoot by reducing muzzle rise and allows faster aim recovery in rapid shooting sequence.[8] This low bore axis principle is also found in the Glock and Steyr M pistols.

The metal slide guide rails are designed to be as long as possible to promote stability, by reducing torsion and flexing of the grip frame, during firing and a close fit between the slide and grip frame for plenty direct mechanical interaction between the slide and grip frame. Furthermore the rails beeing part of the frame sub assembly that bears all internals, it is easier to assemble the mechanism for manufacturing or disassemble for maintenance and replacement.

The pistols have a fully supported chamber and fixed iron sights. The pistol can also be supplied with grip inserts in several distinctive colours that can be used for identification purposes.[8]

The metal parts receive a proprietary "Plasox" plasma based surface treatment producing an oxidation protective coating resistant to aggressive environmental conditions.[9][10] The manufacturer claims that this proprietary protective coating method is relatively environmental friendly, very durable and protects well against rust.[8]

According to the manufacturer the 28 parts and components these pistols are made of are interchangeable for easy production and maintenance. A take-down lever allows the pistol to be disassembled without tools by the user.

Operating mechanism

The Caracal is a striker fired semi-automatic pistol, meaning the trigger system is of the hammerless short double action only type. A cocking indicator below the rear sight indicates visibly and tactilely if the pistol is cocked and ready to fire. The trigger travel is 8 mm (0.31 in) with a trigger pull of 22 N (4.9 lbf).

Safety

The pistol features a triple safety system that secures the weapon against accidental discharge and consists of three independent safety mechanisms: an external integrated trigger safety and two automatic internal safeties – a firing pin safety and a drop safety. "