Thread: Snowing again

Post imported post

It's snowing like hell again here in North Carolina. i wonder if they will enact their "state of emergency" and ban carrying again like they did in Washington.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I can't remember the last time they had a state-wide SoE with the exception of the ice storm of 2002. I may be missing something since then.

But I doubt it will be that serious, although it came down pretty quick here, much to most people's surprise. Even saw a salt truck (only one the whole time I was out tonight) spraying brine ON TOP of a snow covered highway and interstate. A little late, but that is the unpredictability of weather for ya.

Post imported post

I heard yesterday was a unique situation and very rare. Was told it snowed in 49/50 states.

Post imported post

It's supposed to snow in FL this weekend. If it sticks, there will be snow on the ground in ALL 50 states...

I'm sending my gas bill to Al gore this month. He owes me some "global warming" here in NC...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Post imported post

Dreamer wrote:
    It's supposed to snow in FL this weekend. If it sticks, there will be snow on the ground in ALL 50 states...

I'm sending my gas bill to Al gore this month. He owes me some "global warming" here in NC...
    It already snowed in Florida. The 'challenge' was that it happened all on the same day. Hawaii is the only state that didn't get a flake of snow.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Dreamer wrote:

I'm sending my gas bill to Al gore this month. He owes me some "global warming" here in NC...Â*
    May be he'll send you some of his carbon credits.

Post imported post

UtahJarhead wrote:
    It already snowed in Florida. The 'challenge' was that it happened all on the same day. Hawaii is the only state that didn't get a flake of snow.
    Hawaii always has snow on the mountain on the big island.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

Post imported post

The snow here did one very good thing for the nation, It shut down the Federal Government for nearly a week. Shut down darn near everything else, too. The Italian place downstairs was open every day of this except one, and they were crowded from open to close. They need a resupply now, though - so maybe the landlord will finally have to plow the lot.

Post imported post

Surely I can't be the only one that noticed the Federal Government was shut down almost a full week and life seemed to go a little smother.

Post imported post

altajava wrote:
    Surely I can't be the only one that noticed the Federal Government was shut down almost a full week and life seemed to go a little smother.
    I didn't notice a change at all. The only problem I have with the shutdown is the fact that I still have to pay their salary.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers