• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I need some expertise

Slugslinger

imported post

Y'all MUST use Michigan.gov as much as I do. It used to be useful when it first came on line but it's like they don't care or they're intentionally misinforming or under-informing:banghead: us. (prolly the latter) I used to use it for the Topomaps,fish reports and the like when I lived just outside Lansing. I'm a student at FSU now tho and while it's a great state school the hunting and fishing is even better comparatively. I mean it's a real wet dream compared to Lansing. Lots of fish in the lakes and rivers, lot's of deer and turkey. And just enough BG's, thanx to the college, to need to carry.:D

So I go to the Mi.gov site and nothin'- no maps (links don't work -last I checked) no public hunting land publication (maps) but I've madedue by using the college's resources and the local DNR C.O. But up here is where I was first attacked physically - my family and I that is. (I know-right? move AWAY from Lansing for that). But this is also where I started rifle hunting and bought my first (sorta first) pistols. (Need Defense!!!) Not to mention that thisstate and Ishare a serious deficiency for 2nd AMENDMENT EDUCATION. This is where I ran into my snags.

How can I geta handbook, guide or even electronic forms of the law? My wife and I are applying for our CPL's (that's what we calls 'em right yonder in Michigan- a concealed pistol licence yeee-haw). I got a disk from the sheriff thatwas the oldprinted CC HB but it's ALL pertaining to concealed carry! Mi.gov has a link (see bottom)but it comes in some code that I CAN'T GET TO TRANSLATE TO ENGLISH!!!!!! I'll be the first to tell you that I'm no wind-talker and I wasn't the Zodiac- no code breaking skills here. I no I no 7 years of college for a bachelors :what:and I cant break the code. What a dik am I?:monkey

I still need help tho! If you know how to procure the laws for OPEN CARRY from that site please share your knowledge with me. I promise that if you ever need help with your physics, a quote from Jean Paul Starte or a Shear Force or Bending Moment diagram I've got your back.:celebrate

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/msp/Firearms_Laws_of_Michigan_INDEX_2009_297339_7.pdf

Leader

imported post

Was your problem that there are NO open carry laws? No law that says open carry is illegal?

When I first started looking, I wanted something that said "Open carry is legal in Michigan". I found out that isn't the way it works, they pass laws to PROHIBIT things, not permit things.

Be careful how you transport guns, at least untill you get your CPL's.

Be safe.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Slugslinger wrote:
Y'all MUST use Michigan.gov as much as I do. It used to be useful when it first came on line but it's like they don't care or they're intentionally misinforming or under-informing:banghead: us. (prolly the latter) I used to use it for the Topomaps,fish reports and the like when I lived just outside Lansing. I'm a student at FSU now tho and while it's a great state school the hunting and fishing is even better comparatively. I mean it's a real wet dream compared to Lansing. Lots of fish in the lakes and rivers, lot's of deer and turkey. And just enough BG's, thanx to the college, to need to carry.:D

So I go to the Mi.gov site and nothin'- no maps (links don't work -last I checked) no public hunting land publication (maps) but I've madedue by using the college's resources and the local DNR C.O. But up here is where I was first attacked physically - my family and I that is. (I know-right? move AWAY from Lansing for that). But this is also where I started rifle hunting and bought my first (sorta first) pistols. (Need Defense!!!) Not to mention that thisstate and Ishare a serious deficiency for 2nd AMENDMENT EDUCATION. This is where I ran into my snags.

How can I geta handbook, guide or even electronic forms of the law? My wife and I are applying for our CPL's (that's what we calls 'em right yonder in Michigan- a concealed pistol licence yeee-haw). I got a disk from the sheriff thatwas the oldprinted CC HB but it's ALL pertaining to concealed carry! Mi.gov has a link (see bottom)but it comes in some code that I CAN'T GET TO TRANSLATE TO ENGLISH!!!!!! I'll be the first to tell you that I'm no wind-talker and I wasn't the Zodiac- no code breaking skills here. I no I no 7 years of college for a bachelors :what:and I cant break the code. What a dik am I?:monkey

I still need help tho! If you know how to procure the laws for OPEN CARRY from that site please share your knowledge with me. I promise that if you ever need help with your physics, a quote from Jean Paul Starte or a Shear Force or Bending Moment diagram I've got your back.:celebrate

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/msp/Firearms_Laws_of_Michigan_INDEX_2009_297339_7.pdf

You all realize the DNR doesn't exist anymore. Nor does the DEQ. Both have been abolished and a NEW department was created called the Department of Natural Resources and Environment (DNRE). So there will be some retooling and reorganizing and several changes going on.

The Old Director of the DRN is the new director of DNRE and has moved her office into Constitution Hall from the Mason Building.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

http://www.wnj.com/michigan_deq_and_dnr_merge_into_dnre-10-15-2009/

10/15/2009

Michigan's environmental and brownfields programs are currently administered by the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality ("DEQ"). As described more fully below, the Governor issued Executive Order 2009-45 (the "Order") on October 8, 2009 abolishing the DEQ and Department of Natural Resources ("DNR") and consolidated the two departments into a new department, the Department of Natural Resources and Environment ("DNRE").

Subject to the 60-day review period under the Michigan Constitution, the Order is effective January 17, 2010 and the Governor has directed departments and agencies affected by the consolidation to begin preparations for its implementation. Until a Director of the new department is appointed, the Governor has appointed Bruce Rasher as the Transition Manager who will oversee the consolidation efforts. The Order delegates Mr. Rasher with the task of proposing implementations to achieve the following: 1) an organizational structure for the new department; 2) a transformation to focus on environmental integrity rather than concentrating on permitting; 3) a consolidation/elimination of offices and building space; 4) elimination of redundancies in program responsibilities and services; 5) elimination of archaic or obsolete laws/regulations; 6) online interactions between the department and citizens; and 6) elimination, reduction, or reconfiguration of existing contracts, boards, commissions, and committees to achieve greater efficiencies.

The Order also provides for the creation and use of an environmental science review board to advise the new department on scientific issues affecting the protection and management, as well as programs, involving the environment and natural resources. In addition, the Order abolished or consolidated several councils and committees into the new department.

[align=left]At this time, there are some unresolved issues regarding whether or not to consolidate the Department of Agriculture into the new department. Regardless, the DNR and DEQ will be merged in January of 2010.
[/align]