Thread: Beavercreek Parks Gun Ban Update

Post imported post

Here is the information which was gathered in regards to the Beavereek City Council Meeting held on February 9th:

1. The ban on firearms in Beavercreek municipal parks shall remain on the books.

2. An exemption on the ban is being proposed for those who possess a CCW license valid in the state of Ohio.

3. Theconstitutionality of unlicensed open carry in municipal parks shall not be addressed by Beavercreek's Law Director at City Council meetings. That responsbility is deferred, by the law director, to the local police department on a case-by-case basis. :shock:

4. Several of Beavercreek's elected officials are pro-gun (NRA members, CCW holders, future ccw holders), and are interested in getting Beavercreek's local ordinances in-line with State law.

5. A representative from the Buckeye Firearms Association was present and will be meeting with some of Beavercreek's elected officials in an attempt to move Beavercreek's ordinances in-line with State Law.

6. Only one pro-gunBeavercreek resident attended the city council meeting for the purpose of showing support for the repeal of the gun ban.

7. The next City Council Meeting is on Feb 22 at 6:00 pm.

Post imported post

Hello, long time no communicate with, reefteach. Just curious: Did you make BFA and OFCC aware of what's going on in Beavercreek?

EDIT: ObviouslyI missed #5 in reefteach's post the first time around...

Post imported post

I am ready for an OC walk any time in Beavercreek.

Post imported post

theqbn wrote:
    I am ready for an OC walk any time in Beavercreek.
    It will literally be a walk in the park!

Post imported post

Brian D. wrote:
    Hello, long time no communicate with, reefteach. Just curious: Did you make BFA and OFCC aware of what's going on in Beavercreek?

EDIT: ObviouslyI missed #5 in reefteach's post the first time around...
    Yeah, it has been a while. It feels good to be back at it. A grand re-entrance into the OFCC forums was made with this post:

http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=39719

Good idea!

Post imported post

I just saw part of the heading of unlicensed OC not ok and that is very incorrect. not sure if anyone stated that but you cant have CC without OC in Ohio.

Post imported post

reefteach wrote:
    6. Only one pro-gunBeavercreek resident attended the city council meeting for the purpose of showing support for the repeal of the gun ban.
    This is not good. We definitely need to get together and organize an open carry walk. We need to show the city council that we aren't going to put up with them breaking the law.
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

Post imported post

Please forgive me in advance for any "hey stupid" questions I may ask but I am admittedly a newbie to the conceal carry and open carry community having recently purchased my first firearm. I am on a quest to understand these topics in more detail and came upon this post. As a resident of Beavercreek I would have gladly attended the last council meeting but didn't realize such a ban even exists. So...

3. The constitutionality of unlicensed open carry in municipal parks shall not be addressed by Beavercreek's Law Director at City Council meetings. That responsbility is deferred, by the law director, to the local police department on a case-by-case basis. ""
    My question is if they are not addressing this issue in their meetings then how can a concerned citizen voice an opinion moving forward?

If a walk is organized, add two to the count!

Post imported post

fmv wrote:
    Please forgive me in advance for any "hey stupid" questions I may ask but I am admittedly a newbie to the conceal carry and open carry community having recently purchased my first firearm. I am on a quest to understand these topics in more detail and came upon this post. As a resident of Beavercreek I would have gladly attended the last council meeting but didn't realize such a ban even exists. So...

3. The constitutionality of unlicensed open carry in municipal parks shall not be addressed by Beavercreek's Law Director at City Council meetings. That responsbility is deferred, by the law director, to the local police department on a case-by-case basis. ""
    My question is if they are not addressing this issue in their meetings then how can a concerned citizen voice an opinion moving forward?

If a walk is organized, add two to the count!
    Private Message sent to FMV.