Thread: HB 683

Post imported post

Post imported post

Oh, this is a GOOD one...

I suppose I need to contact Del. Smigiel and offer to come up and testify for this one too...

I could come up with a VERY good argument for this bill. The fact that the State of MD requires that people have been attacked and survived before they will issue permits to "regular citizens" is an appalling affront to human rights, and fosters a "victim mentality". People should have the ability to protect themselves against violent attack BEFORE they are attacked. Making them wait until AFTER they have been attacked is inhuman, amoral, and a severe breach of human dignity...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Post imported post

I've contacted Kenn Blanchard, the fellow in MD who does the "Urban Shooter" podcast, to suggest that he offers to testify in favor of this bill. He was a Marine, a counter-terrorism expert, a Federal officer, and now he's a Baptist minister, and lives in MD. I think he would be a good voice to have behind this bill. Hopefully he'll have time to come to Annapolis and speak...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964