Thread: Some facts about MOC?

Post imported post

Hi, I am new on this forum. I live in Michigan and got very curious about OC movement and MOC. Could someone from
    MOC leadership provide us some more information. Specifically, I would like to know how many members MOC currently has? What is the membership dynamics since MOC was established? How much did it grow?

Thank you

Post imported post

Out of curiosity, why is your first post asking such questions as you have posted.

Post imported post

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/12192.html

This forum should tell you how many Michigan members there are, and if you read through it, it will also give you an idea of how we have grown... Hope this helps..

Post imported post

BTW... WELCOME!!! Lots of great information on this site...

Post imported post

Strange request. Answer....ALOT! Millions of Americans support the Constitution and bill of rights. Why does it matter how many people are part of MOC.org? MOC is one small part of a nationwide web site. Welcome, read and learn.

Post imported post

maybeifulucky wrote:
    Strange request. Answer....ALOT! Millions of Americans support the Constitution and bill of rights. Why does it matter how many people are part of MOC.org? MOC is one small part of a nationwide web site. Welcome, read and learn.
    Great point... I should have added to my post, that the membership numbers on this site, in no way reflect the number of ppl that open or conceal carry in the state of michigan...

Post imported post

tygereye wrote:

This forum should tell you how many Michigan members there are, and if you read through it, it will also give you an idea of how we have grown... Hope this helps..
    This information is for the membership in Michigan of Open Carry dot Org., not MOC. (sigh) It's tough being the big brother, keeping li'l sis in line...
    "Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame." - Cort

Gun control is like trying to reduce Drunk Driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.

The answer to "1984" is "
    1776"

With freedom comes much responsibility. It is for this reason so many are loathe to exercise it.

Post imported post

Taurus850CIA wrote:
    tygereye wrote:

This information is for the membership in Michigan of Open Carry dot Org., not MOC. (sigh) It's tough being the big brother, keeping li'l sis in line...
    Pfffffffft!!! :X:P

Post imported post

tygereye wrote:
    Taurus850CIA wrote:
    Pfffffffft!!! :X:P

"Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame." - Cort

Gun control is like trying to reduce Drunk Driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.

The answer to "1984" is "
    1776"

With freedom comes much responsibility. It is for this reason so many are loathe to exercise it.

Post imported post

Guys,

Please do not get defensive. I have no agenda here other than to learn what I could not find searching this site. I was just curious about number of members. I am in full support of this cause. I am considering joining MOC and has done a lot of research lately regarding topics related to OC. Information that MOC web site has and information available on this forum is extremely helpful.

MOC members should not be shy about number of members it has. Small today can become large tomorrow. Even relatively small group of people can advance its cause if people are determined and passionate about what they believe in. We all can see how much more awareness already created around this state regarding OC. OC is perfectly legal and if you keep pushing it will be accepted as a right not to be interfered with by these who do not like it. My respect goes to people who spend time and money advancing and protecting 2A.

Thank you.

Post imported post

I don't think anyone was getting defensive, just making sure we were giving you the proper information, this site is not MOC, it is Michigan of Open Carry dot Org, there is a difference. That is all, this site has alot of excellent information, as well as wonderful people. I am not sure where in Michigan you are, but there is a dinner planned tonight in Royal Oak. You could meet some of us there, if you could make it...

Post imported post

I am in Rochester Hills.

I realize that this forum is not a MOC site. But MOC does not have its own forum, looks like. Link from MOC site takes you to this forum. So, if I want to take part in OC discussion related to MI, I have to come to this forum.

Thanks for inviting me to Royal Oak for dinner but I would not be able to do it today.

In general, I am not ready to participate in any field activities at this point. My wife is concerned about risks involved. She is afraid I might become a test case for some anti-OC LEO/police department. So, I still need some convincing to do. But, I will start with becoming a member. I will send application with membership fees shortly.
    tygereye wrote:
    I don't think anyone was getting defensive, just making sure we were giving you the proper information, this site is not MOC, it is Michigan of Open Carry dot Org, there is a difference.* That is all, this site has alot of excellent information, as well as wonderful people.* I am not sure where in Michigan you are, but there is a dinner planned tonight in Royal Oak.* You could meet some of us there, if you could make it...*

Post imported post

sasha601 wrote:
    I am in Rochester Hills.

I realize that this forum is not a MOC site. But MOC does not have its own forum, looks like. Link from MOC site takes you to this forum. So, if I want to take part in OC discussion related to MI, I have to come to this forum.

Thanks for inviting me to Royal Oak for dinner but I would not be able to do it today.

In general, I am not ready to participate in any field activities at this point. My wife is concerned about risks involved. She is afraid I might become a test case for some anti-OC LEO/police department. So, I still need some convincing to do. But, I will start with becoming a member. I will send tygereye wrote:
    I don't think anyone was getting defensive, just making sure we were giving you the proper information, this site is not MOC, it is Michigan of Open Carry dot Org, there is a difference. That is all, this site has alot of excellent information, as well as wonderful people. I am not sure where in Michigan you are, but there is a dinner planned tonight in Royal Oak. You could meet some of us there, if you could make it...
    No problem, I didn't carry to my first few meets, (didn't have a pistol yet). Look forward to seeing you at one in the future. My husband has some of the same concerns, but is slowly coming around.

Post imported post

We are currently a little over 100 paying members last I was told.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

+1 member. My check and application is in the mail.
    autosurgeon wrote:

Post imported post

And many many non members that support the open carry movement.

Post imported post

mastiff69 wrote:
    And many many non members that support the open carry movement.

Indeed. I have specifically not joined MOC as I'd rather not associate my troubles with this excellent group. I OC regularly and due to my age and appearance I seem to be a LEO magnet. I'm about to go to court for the 2nd time in 12 months due to LEO harassment while lawfully OC'ing. (I don't have a court date yet, patience is a virtue, you bloodthirsty Romans.) Also, I have been unlawfully detained on several occasions that did not result in court dates. Now that I'm employed again, I'll hopefully soon acquire some FOIA info from these detainments.

Welcome to OCDO and glad to see another supporter of the 2A.

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

sasha601 wrote:
    +1 member. My check and application is in the mail.
    autosurgeon wrote:
    Welcome to the forum and to MOC. Thank you for your support!

Don't forget to add your location under your screen name.

Banned

Post imported post

I support MOC,OC and the 2nd amendement. Even though I am not a member I attend MOC events and support the group. I will not be a paying member anytime in the future as I do not believe this aspect of the group is politically correct. Just my opinion, however I agree with the cause, the leadership, and the groups goals.

Post imported post

wardog6d wrote:
    I support MOC,OC and the 2nd amendement. Even though I am not a member I attend MOC events and support the group. I will not be a paying member anytime in the future as I do not believe this aspect of the group is politically correct. Just my opinion, however I agree with the cause, the leadership, and the groups goals.
    :what:

Post imported post

wardog6d wrote:
    this comment seems a lot like my thoughts on the topic but this is the very reason that i chose to join the MOC organization. i find enough level headed,educated, and respectable members that listen to my words as i listen and head theirs. i feel my opinion goes towards a good cause and will support others towards the good that i see among MOC members.

I also want to sway members towards certain ways that support good OC etiquette for they have swayed mine in a positive light, and what better way to do it than become a member.

Post imported post

I support MOC, OC, 2nd Amend, the other Nine Amend's, & the Constitution!, & Wardog6d's, Right to his Views & Opinions.

By the way Welcome to the forum Sasha601, & the Organization.

Post imported post

I just recently joined MOC at bass pro shop and met alot of peopleat the City Of Taylor board meeting looking forward to meeting more people. I live in N. part of pontiac good to see other people from thearea i seem to be a magnet for certain officers not liking my right to open carry or the chief or the captain. Sasha601 I dont think you will be a test case im already there