• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Some facts about MOC?

sasha601

imported post

Hi, I am new on this forum. I live in Michigan and got very curious about OC movement and MOC. Could someone from
MOC leadership provide us some more information. Specifically, I would like to know how many members MOC currently has? What is the membership dynamics since MOC was established? How much did it grow?

Thank you

maybeifulucky

imported post

Strange request. Answer....ALOT! Millions of Americans support the Constitution and bill of rights. Why does it matter how many people are part of MOC.org? MOC is one small part of a nationwide web site. Welcome, read and learn.

tygereye

imported post

maybeifulucky wrote:
Strange request. Answer....ALOT! Millions of Americans support the Constitution and bill of rights. Why does it matter how many people are part of MOC.org? MOC is one small part of a nationwide web site. Welcome, read and learn.
Great point... I should have added to my post, that the membership numbers on this site, in no way reflect the number of ppl that open or conceal carry in the state of michigan... :)

Taurus850CIA

imported post

tygereye wrote:
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/12192.html

This forum should tell you how many Michigan members there are, and if you read through it, it will also give you an idea of how we have grown... Hope this helps..
This information is for the membership in Michigan of Open Carry dot Org., not MOC. (sigh) It's tough being the big brother, keeping li'l sis in line...:)

tygereye

imported post

Taurus850CIA wrote:
tygereye wrote:
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/12192.html

This forum should tell you how many Michigan members there are, and if you read through it, it will also give you an idea of how we have grown... Hope this helps..
This information is for the membership in Michigan of Open Carry dot Org., not MOC. (sigh) It's tough being the big brother, keeping li'l sis in line...:)
Pfffffffft!!! :X:p

sasha601

imported post

Guys,

Please do not get defensive. I have no agenda here other than to learn what I could not find searching this site. I was just curious about number of members. I am in full support of this cause. I am considering joining MOC and has done a lot of research lately regarding topics related to OC. Information that MOC web site has and information available on this forum is extremely helpful.

MOC members should not be shy about number of members it has. Small today can become large tomorrow. Even relatively small group of people can advance its cause if people are determined and passionate about what they believe in. We all can see how much more awareness already created around this state regarding OC. OC is perfectly legal and if you keep pushing it will be accepted as a right not to be interfered with by these who do not like it. My respect goes to people who spend time and money advancing and protecting 2A.

Thank you.

tygereye

imported post

I don't think anyone was getting defensive, just making sure we were giving you the proper information, this site is not MOC, it is Michigan of Open Carry dot Org, there is a difference. That is all, this site has alot of excellent information, as well as wonderful people. I am not sure where in Michigan you are, but there is a dinner planned tonight in Royal Oak. You could meet some of us there, if you could make it... :)

sasha601

imported post

I am in Rochester Hills.

I realize that this forum is not a MOC site. But MOC does not have its own forum, looks like. Link from MOC site takes you to this forum. So, if I want to take part in OC discussion related to MI, I have to come to this forum.

Thanks for inviting me to Royal Oak for dinner but I would not be able to do it today.

In general, I am not ready to participate in any field activities at this point. My wife is concerned about risks involved. She is afraid I might become a test case for some anti-OC LEO/police department. So, I still need some convincing to do. But, I will start with becoming a member. I will send application with membership fees shortly.
tygereye wrote:
I don't think anyone was getting defensive, just making sure we were giving you the proper information, this site is not MOC, it is Michigan of Open Carry dot Org, there is a difference.  That is all, this site has alot of excellent information, as well as wonderful people.  I am not sure where in Michigan you are, but there is a dinner planned tonight in Royal Oak.  You could meet some of us there, if you could make it...  :)

tygereye

imported post

sasha601 wrote:
I am in Rochester Hills.

I realize that this forum is not a MOC site. But MOC does not have its own forum, looks like. Link from MOC site takes you to this forum. So, if I want to take part in OC discussion related to MI, I have to come to this forum.

Thanks for inviting me to Royal Oak for dinner but I would not be able to do it today.

In general, I am not ready to participate in any field activities at this point. My wife is concerned about risks involved. She is afraid I might become a test case for some anti-OC LEO/police department. So, I still need some convincing to do. But, I will start with becoming a member. I will send tygereye wrote:
I don't think anyone was getting defensive, just making sure we were giving you the proper information, this site is not MOC, it is Michigan of Open Carry dot Org, there is a difference. That is all, this site has alot of excellent information, as well as wonderful people. I am not sure where in Michigan you are, but there is a dinner planned tonight in Royal Oak. You could meet some of us there, if you could make it... :)

No problem, I didn't carry to my first few meets, (didn't have a pistol yet). Look forward to seeing you at one in the future. My husband has some of the same concerns, but is slowly coming around.

TheSzerdi

imported post

mastiff69 wrote:
And many many non members that support the open carry movement.
Indeed. I have specifically not joined MOC as I'd rather not associate my troubles with this excellent group. I OC regularly and due to my age and appearance I seem to be a LEO magnet. I'm about to go to court for the 2nd time in 12 months due to LEO harassment while lawfully OC'ing. (I don't have a court date yet, patience is a virtue, you bloodthirsty Romans.) Also, I have been unlawfully detained on several occasions that did not result in court dates. Now that I'm employed again, I'll hopefully soon acquire some FOIA info from these detainments.

Welcome to OCDO and glad to see another supporter of the 2A.

wardog6d

Banned
imported post

I support MOC,OC and the 2nd amendement. Even though I am not a member I attend MOC events and support the group. I will not be a paying member anytime in the future as I do not believe this aspect of the group is politically correct. Just my opinion, however I agree with the cause, the leadership, and the groups goals.

mikestilly

imported post

wardog6d wrote:
I support MOC,OC and the 2nd amendement. Even though I am not a member I attend MOC events and support the group. I will not be a paying member anytime in the future as I do not believe this aspect of the group is politically correct. Just my opinion, however I agree with the cause, the leadership, and the groups goals.

:what:

:banghead: