• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

State trooper ambushed and shot during dui stop

DEROS72

imported post

A trooper was shot near Long Beach.They were on a dui stop .While one tropper took the woman to jail the other stayed to wait for a tow truck.He was ambushed from behind and even though shot in the head was able to return fire.The tow truck driver found him when he arrived.Suspect described as white male early 40s,5'11 scruffy unkempt appearence .I looked on KING's web site but it's not posted yet.The officer is in a Portland hospital and expected to pull through.

In light of recent victories for gun owners you can bet the Brady campaign is going to spin this bigtime.Personally I think they should hunt this guy down and destroy him.

ak56

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I have two sisters who live in Long Beach. I hope they catch this guy soon.

P.S. Looking forward to meeting you guys on the way to Olympia tomorrow.

44Brent

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
Personally I think they should hunt this guy down and destroy him.

There you go again with your advocacyagainst the Bill of Rights which states:

No person shall be held to answer for any capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.
Is there any part of the Bill of Rights that you support?

The type of behavior by police that you advocate is exactly what the people on these forums have to fight constantly

swatspyder

imported post

Just want to remind everyone that I am still updating a map of police shootings around Washington State.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...618041810517186.00047b4cba79fd5128d75&t=h&z=8

It should have all, if not most of the shootings since the start of 2010 and some of the shootings in 2009, mostly from 4Q. The list on the left contains all of the shootings that are shown in the map, from top (most recent) to bottom (oldest). It contains the three recent incidents where officers were killed in our state. If you don't see some of the icons on the map, it is because you are zoomed out too far, zoom in on some of the areas, and the multiple icons will appear.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
imported post

swatspyder wrote:
Just want to remind everyone that I am still updating a map of police shootings around Washington State.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=101153618041810517186.00047b4cba79fd5128d75&t=h&z=8

It should have all, if not most of the shootings since the start of 2010 and some of the shootings in 2009, mostly from 4Q. The list on the left contains all of the shootings that are shown in the map, from top (most recent) to bottom (oldest). It contains the three recent incidents where officers were killed in our state. If you don't see some of the icons on the map, it is because you are zoomed out too far, zoom in on some of the areas, and the multiple icons will appear.
As to the Union Gap shooting where 2 Officers shot a boy with a gun should read TOY GUN ! so it could represent the issue of those shot for displaying a toy gun.

PolskiG

imported post

swatspyder wrote:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=101153618041810517186.00047b4cba79fd5128d75&t=h&z=8

that’s the most stupidest thing I’ve seen all week. I was at home depot in Tukwila a couple weeks back, the cashier asked me if I wanted to donate money to the Lakewood fund. I said, what the hell would I do that for? They all have life insurance, the cashier said well do it for their children, I told him that their children will be the first to receive all the money the state pays to officers killed in the line of duty.

Cops are not heroes, their just people making a living, like everyone else. Why not start a fund for the guy who makes ten dollars an hour and gets killed because some cops had an itchy trigger finger? what’s that guys name? I forget, because the media never mentions anything about him. Any human life lost is a tragedy, absolutely, but I hate the over glorifying of police.

swatspyder

imported post

PolskiG wrote:
swatspyder wrote:

that’s the most stupidest thing I’ve seen all week. I was at home depot in Tukwila a couple weeks back, the cashier asked me if I wanted to donate money to the Lakewood fund. I said, what the hell would I do that for? They all have life insurance, the cashier said well do it for their children, I told him that their children will be the first to receive all the money the state pays to officers killed in the line of duty.

Cops are not heroes, their just people making a living, like everyone else. Why not start a fund for the guy who makes ten dollars an hour and gets killed because some cops had an itchy trigger finger? what’s that guys name? I forget, because the media never mentions anything about him. Any human life lost is a tragedy, absolutely, but I hate the over glorifying of police.
Chill out dude. It's just like any other statistics. See the benefit in knowing where, when and why police have been shooting people in Washington.

Edit to add, I could have just done one for ALL shootings in Washington, but I'd be updating stories of that crap way too often.

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

PolskiG wrote:
Cops are not heroes, their just people making a living, like everyone else.

With the single exception that cops put their lives on the line each and every day, to protect you and your family's way of life. No offense, but why would you post something like this on a forum where many of us have close friends that are law enforcement? What do you hope to gain from saying such things?

I, for one, support law enforcement, and gave my "gun money fund" from the couple of months prior to the Lakewood shooting to the fund. I don't miss that money at all, considering the three LPD officers that I know personallyare still on the job.

-G20

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
imported post

PolskiG wrote:
You have a right to your opinion even though it is full of hate and disgust for law enforcement that serve us well minus a few misguided as I would place you into when it comes to being an armed citizen.

They place their lives on the line everyday to do their chosen profession and it is not because of the pay or benefits it goes way beyond that as they have chose to protect our society at large.
How does one pay for that? Try Respect to start with.

FMCDH

imported post

swatspyder wrote:

Excellent information, thanks for the effort. :cool:

FMCDH

imported post

BigDave wrote:
PolskiG wrote:
You have a right to your opinion even though it is full of hate and disgust for law enforcement that serve us well minus a few misguided as I would place you into when it comes to being an armed citizen.

They place their lives on the line everyday to do their chosen profession and it is not because of the pay or benefits it goes way beyond that as they have chose to protect our society at large.
How does one pay for that? Try Respect to start with.
+1

kparker

imported post

Not wanting to take anything away from the many fine officers who serve, but the "put their life on the line" refrain doesn't really reflect the reality, at least not in recent years (see below). Law enforcement may be more dangerous than most office jobs, but:
  • Structural iron and steel workers (the guys that build high-rises) suffer on-the-job fataility rates twice that of law enforement.
  • Roofers have a fatality rate 50% higher.
  • General construction workers, and trash collectors, die at about the same rate LE.
  • And the real "winner" in the dying-on-the-job sweepstakes are commercial fishermen, with a fatality rate fully 5x that of law enforcement.
Again, it's in no way disrespecting those who serve, to ask us to have a more accurate perspective about how dangerous their job is. In contrast, we don't hear much about "building contractors putting their lives on the line for us", do we?

And of course, with the recent upsurge in shootings here in WA, we do have to wonder if this is just a statistical fluke, or if something more dire is underway.

(Stats from: BLS Census of Fatal Occupational Injuries )

FMCDH

imported post

kparker wrote:
Not wanting to take anything away from the many fine officers who serve, but the "put their life on the line" refrain doesn't really reflect the reality, at least not in recent years (see below). Law enforcement may be more dangerous than most office jobs, but:
  • Structural iron and steel workers (the guys that build high-rises) suffer on-the-job fataility rates twice that of law enforement.
  • Roofers have a fatality rate 50% higher.
  • General construction workers, and trash collectors, die at about the same rate LE.
  • And the real "winner" in the dying-on-the-job sweepstakes are commercial fishermen, with a fatality rate fully 5x that of law enforcement.
Again, it's in no way disrespecting those who serve, to ask us to have a more accurate perspective about how dangerous their job is. In contrast, we don't hear much about "building contractors putting their lives on the line for us", do we?

And of course, with the recent upsurge in shootings here in WA, we do have to wonder if this is just a statistical fluke, or if something more dire is underway.

(Stats from: BLS Census of Fatal Occupational Injuries )
With all due respect, and statistics not withstanding, you are not taking into account the causation of fatalities.

There is a significant difference between fatalities that are due to the natural risk prone environment that steel workers, fishermen and construction workers place themselves in by their own (or their industries) poor safety practices while pushing for ever greater profit, and that of the induced risks placed upon LEOs by virtue of the requirements of their civil office and the totality of their duties.

Your comparing apples to oranges.