Thread: Good OC encounter

Post imported post

this morning got up bright and early to take care of some things, had my XD in a blackhawk serpa on my right side, OC to the bank, no problems, to starbucks no problems, then onto wall mart in sparks towards spanish springs, i enter, get what i need and proceed to the register, i pay for my things, then the cashier says "your carrying a gun" with a strange look on her face. i replied, yes i am, she asked why, and i gave her a spiel about why, and how crime rates are on the rise, in sparks.reno etc, and since the budget cuts on LEO, and public safety , i told her the police cant be there all the time. she agreed, and asked me where i could get a handgun? and permits, she wants to get one since she had 3 kids and a single mom living in a bad part of sparks, i wrote down a list of local gunshops and places where she could take a CCW and or firearm safety classes.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.
    Robert A. Heinlein

Post imported post

A good day for you. Keep being an ambassador. You did a good thing for the lady.
    "Let your gun be your companion on all your walks."
    -- Thomas Jefferson
    who might have wished he carried my .45ACP G-36 1+6+1

Post imported post

thanks rick, it was my duty!

Post imported post

Mike In Reno wrote:
    i told her the police cant be there all the time. she agreed, and asked me where i could get a handgun? and permits, she wants to get one since she had 3 kids and a single mom living in a bad part of sparks, i wrote down a list of local gunshops and places where she could take a CCW and or firearm safety classes.

Good day you had Mike, and just one more educated person. Just think, if we all had the opportunity to enlighten someone when we're out peacefully OC'ing we'd see a flood of peace and tranquility over our land. Keep up the good work!