• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shooting at University of Alabama - Huntsville

Dreamer

imported post

She wasn't JUST a professor. She was a Harvard-trained neurobiologist. You'd think that someone THAT smart would have had better anger-management and conflict-resolution skills.

When the Brady Campaign says that "certain people shouldn't be allowed to have firearms", I think we all know what they mean--they mean poor people, and non-whites.

But when a wealthy, educated white person--someone who is part of their anointed elite group of Lilly-White Ubermenchen--goes bat-$h1+ crazy, they are suspiciously silent on the issue.

We ALL see through your lies, Paul Helmke. We KNOW what your REAL agenda is. You're organization is a racist, fascist, eugenicist cadre of elitists and fear mongers...

Dreamer

imported post

Well, lets see, what does this sound like?

--History of mental instability, and a proven track record as a sociopathic murderer.

--records of her murdering her brother are completely missing from official files. According to the AP report, she fired 3 shots inside their house, hitting her brother in the chest with one, and the local police ruled it an "accidental shooting"...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_ala_university_shooting

--Educated at Harvard in neurobiology and genetics--a department which gets LARGE amounts of funding from CIA and DOD, and is where Timothy Leary came from...

(interesting secondary connection with Leary: Timothy Leary got his BS in Psychology from the University of Alabama!..)

--she was also working on a cybernetics project called The Neuristor, using neurons integrated circuits in a "living computer." This work was being funded under an NIH R15 AREA grant, to the tune of $219,750 over a three year period.

--Ruthlessly murdered colleagues.

--displayed symptoms of disassociation immediately afterwords.

--is now pleading "insanity".

--The press is keeping this VERY low profile, and hasn't really played on her mad-scientist bio-computer research, or her odd coincidental connection to Leary, or her murdering her brother in 1989 with a shotgun. (edited to correct gun type mis-type...)

Can you say "Manchurian Candidate" for the NWO boys and girls?.

I'd be interested to see an acoustic cryptoanalysis of what's on her iPod...

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Sounds like the problem is "the system" and not guns.

This is a case where she had obviously killed someone, her brother of all people, before and wasn't even charged! Hell, apparently not even a proper investigation was done, because there are no files to be found.

rodbender

imported post

Dreamer wrote:
--records of her murdering her brother are completely missing from official files. According to the AP report, she fired 3 shots inside their house, hitting her brother in the chest with one, and the local police ruled it an "accidental shooting"...

her murdering her brother in 1989 with a handgun.

I think you need to work on your comprehension a little.

I didn't see anything in that AP report that 3 shots were fired at the time she killed her brother.

And it was in '86 with a shotgun.

I'm not saying it wasn't murder, I'm just saying.

Dreamer

imported post

rodbender wrote
I think you need to work on your comprehension a little.

I didn't see anything in that AP report that 3 shots were fired at the time she killed her brother.
Yeah, I mis-typed the "handgun" part when it should have read shotgun. I'll cop to that. But I stand buy the "three shots" report regarding the "accidental" shooting of her brother in '89.

According to most versions of the story, she fired once in her bedroom, once into her brother's chest, and then a third time into the ceiling of the dining room as she fled. But she had enough presence of mind to stop and put on a jacket before she left the house with the shotgun, and aparently even pointed it at a motorist, in an attempt to take their car and hasten her getaway, before she was caught by the Braintree Police...

Perhaps YOU need to work on your reading comprehension a little. If you had actually READ the Yahoo/AP article, it outlines this all in detail in the SIXTH PARAGRAPH--less than half-way down the article...

From paragraph six of the Yahoo/AP story, and I quote:
"In 1986, Bishop shot and killed her 18-year-old brother with a shotgun at their Braintree, Mass., home. She told police at the time that she had been trying to learn how to use the gun, which her father had bought for protection, when it accidentally discharged. In all, three shots were fired: Braintree police Chief Paul Frazier said she shot once into a wall, then shot her brother, then fired a third time into the ceiling."

And I LOVE the title of the article: "No Hint Of Violence"... I guess shooting your own brother with shotgun which "accidentally discharged" three times (after an argument) doesn't count as violence ...

Other news stories that verify the "three shot" story:

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/breaking-news/index.ssf/2010/02/amy_bishop_university_of_alaba.html

http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/2010/02/professor_accus.html
(make sure you watch the video of the retired Chief of Police)...

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/14/us/14alabama.html
(make sure you click on the ling for the PDF of the original Massachusetts report of this incident, which has now, mysteriously, resurfaced. It is particularly interesting in this "report" that the details of the gun (make, model, Serial number) are NOT included, but the FID card # of the victim and his father (who legally owned the gun) ARE included. Also, notice that the report makes continued references to "bullets" in regard to whether the shotgun was loaded or not. You'd think that a POLICE OFFICER would know that you don't load a shotgun with "bullets", you use shells or cartridges. In this NY Times story, eyewitnesses and officers involved in the case give at least 3 different stories, and the police report gives at least 2--one from Amy and one from her mother...)

And now the stories are coming out that she was connected with a mail-bombing incident at Harvard. This lady was a time bomb, just ticking away. It's tragic that 3 people were killed, but we shoudl be thankful she didn't walk into a lecture hall instead, and open fire on a room full of students.

Luckily for society, Alabama DOES have the death penalty, and will almost certainly exercise it in this case...

Virginiaplanter

imported post

Resume of Dr. Amy Bishop

1) Went to Harvard

2) Was a suspect in my brother's death who was shot at three times but it was ruled an accident.

3) Was a suspect in Sending Pipe Bombs to a doctor at Harvard for giving me a bad report. No Charges ever brought.

University of Alabama Background Check:

1) Have you ever been convicted of a felony? No/ Yes/ Never Convicted

She went to Harvard, so let's hire her.

Dreamer

imported post

Virginiaplanter wrote:
She went to Harvard, so let's hire her.
Ted Kennedy graduated from Harvard with a Bachelor's degree.

I don't mean nothin' by that...

I'm just sayin'...

XD40coyote

imported post

There is a photo of her showing the front of her head. Take notice of the haircut style. I have known of at least 3 other women with this exact haircut , that were extremely weird and annoying people. The first was the mother of this girl I knew when I was a kid. She made me think of funeral parlors and hearses- a very strange person. The daughter was "normal" but very stupid BTW and ended up murdered for it at age 15. Something was wrong in that household. The next person was this weird lady who worked or volunteered at a school for retarded teens. My mother worked at the school teaching horticultural skills, and would sometimes take some of the kids to garden places. This weird woman would sometimes go too, and she would wander around picking up leaves and other odd behaviors. I had been around her numerous times and my 6th sense was always going off. The last person was head of art ed at a college. She was a weird b!tch with an obvious OCD and control freak problem. And this is coming from me, a self admitting weird person in her own right. IfI think someone is weird, they are majorly weird!

S

scubabeme

imported post

Also, I've not yet seen a reason for the shooting spree (other profs) to come to an end. My guess is that she had a six-shot revolver and simply ran out of ammo. The deaths/injuries count supports that count.

Otherwise it was another armed prof that scared her into backing down without a shot--just how likley do youthink that is?

PT111

imported post

XD40coyote wrote:
There is a photo of her showing the front of her head. Take notice of the haircut style. I have known of at least 3 other women with this exact haircut , that were extremely weird and annoying people. The first was the mother of this girl I knew when I was a kid. She made me think of funeral parlors and hearses- a very strange person. The daughter was "normal" but very stupid BTW and ended up murdered for it at age 15. Something was wrong in that household. The next person was this weird lady who worked or volunteered at a school for retarded teens. My mother worked at the school teaching horticultural skills, and would sometimes take some of the kids to garden places. This weird woman would sometimes go too, and she would wander around picking up leaves and other odd behaviors. I had been around her numerous times and my 6th sense was always going off. The last person was head of art ed at a college. She was a weird b!tch with an obvious OCD and control freak problem. And this is coming from me, a self admitting weird person in her own right. IfI think someone is weird, they are majorly weird!
We all have some little thing that for some reason makes us reject or think that someone with that trait is weird or cannot be trusted. For you it is women with a certain haircut. For some it is the way they wear their pants (baggy comes to mind ;)). For me it is I never trust any man that wears a bowtie. Sometimes you need to trust your instincts.

Dreamer

imported post

scubabeme wrote:
Also, I've not yet seen a reason for the shooting spree (other profs) to come to an end. My guess is that she had a six-shot revolver and simply ran out of ammo. The deaths/injuries count supports that count.

Otherwise it was another armed prof that scared her into backing down without a shot--just how likley do youthink that is?

I see several reasons for this shooting spree to have come to an end--the perp has a history of not really understanding how firearms work, she's a complete fruitcake and soesn't really appear to have thought this through too much, and it was obviously a "crime of passion"... Actually, this crime is a LOT more like a dysfunctional family-type shooting than the VA Tech spree. If she had really thought this out, and premeditated it methodically, she would have had a few spare magazines and would have practiced on the range more. I really do believe that this perp is a nutcase, and that this triple murder was a "crime of passion" committed by someone who has been "teetering near the edge" for decades...

And there are 2 reasons to believe she did NOT use a revolver. One, if she did, she displayed some VERY well-controlled shooting--hitting 100% of her targets, and 50% of those hits were lethal. That's better than a Navy Seal, and a WAY more accurate shot ratio than ANY other "spree murderer" in the history of the planet.

Oh, yeah, and two, the news reports say she used a 9mm semiauto and fired until it "jammed or ran out of ammunition". The 9mm she allegedly used was found in a restroom near the shooting...

http://www.waff.com/Global/story.asp?S=11978812

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/feb/14/alabama-shooting-suspect-brother-death

It has also been reported that her husband says they did not own a gun, and he didn't know where she got the gun she allegedly used.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hf_Cw1b1x1DmRrdG4hiu4P55yZTgD9DSTEN00

spydersmom

imported post

scubabeme wrote:

This is what I read this morning:

Ng said the meeting was held around an oval table. The six people on one side were all shot. "The remaining 5 including myself were on the other side of the table (and) immediately dropped to the floor," he wrote.
Ng told the AP the shooting stopped almost as soon as it started. Ng said the gun seemed to jam and he and others rushed Bishop out of the room and then barricaded the door shut with a table.
http://www.wral.com/news/national_world/national/story/7043355/

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

Headline from Matt Drudge

REPORT: Alabama shooter is 'far-left political extremist who was 'obsessed' with President Obama'...

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view.bg?&articleid=1232943&format=&page=1&listingType=Loc#articleFull

As authorities searched for clues into what could have sent a University of Alabama neurobiology professor on an alleged killing spree, friends and family yesterday described Braintree native Amy Bishop as an awkward introvert on the brink of losing her teaching job.
Bishop’s husband, James Anderson, told the Herald his wife had been fighting the university for over a year about a tenure denial, and several months ago received a final decision. She was upset, but not overly emotional, approaching her appeal “like a game of chess,” he said.
Police in Huntsville, Ala., charged Bishop, 44, with capital murder after she allegedly opened fire on six colleagues at a faculty meeting Friday, killing three. Afterward, she calmly called her husband and asked him to pick her up as if nothing had happened, said police Chief Henry Reyes.
“She was an oddball - just not very sociable,” said Sylvia Fluckiger, a former lab technician who worked with Bishop in 1993.
Bishop acknowledged at the time being questioned in the bombing attempt of a Harvard medical doctor evaluating her on doctorate work, a professor with whom Bishop was known to quarrel, Fluckiger said.
Reyes confirmed he is working with the FBI to learn more about why Bishop was a suspect in the attempted bombing of Dr. Paul Rosenberg, who received a double-pipe bomb in the mail on Dec. 19, 1993. He ran from his Newton home with his wife, escaping without injury. The bomb never exploded.
“She was quite cavalier about it,” Fluckiger said of Bishop’s description of her interview with police. She said Bishop “grinned” as she described being asked by cops whether she’d ever taken stamps off an envelope and fastened them onto something else. “I cannot tell you what the grin meant,” Fluckiger said.
Seven years prior, Bishop shot her brother to death in Braintree in an incident that was ruled an accident at the time.
But Braintree police Chief Paul Frazier has raised questions about the handling of the case, and officials are investigating missing records in the 1986 death of 18-year-old Seth Bishop.
A classmate of Seth Bishop’s recalled yesterday that the boy, who was “painfully shy,” never talked about his older, only sibling.
“It was as if he was a complete stranger in her life. It seemed like a dysfunctional family. We just accepted them as being odd,” said the classmate, who spoke to the Herald on condition of anonymity.
Amy Bishop, he said, “wasn’t mean because she wasn’t someone you could get close to. She wasn’t an attractive girl, she didn’t have friends. She didn’t work at having friends. I think people probably, over time, learned to leave her alone.”
The Bishop household, he said, “was anything but a home . . . It was just a really dreary, dark place where there wasn’t a lot of love.”
Meanwhile, in an interview with the Chronicle of Higher Education, Anderson said he was searching for the “trigger” to his wife’s breakdown, and that he wondered whether an e-mail message - potentially in the form of a final tenure denial - might have upset her, because university higher-ups were known to send “nastygrams” on Fridays.
A family source said Bishop, a mother of four children - the youngest a third-grade boy - was a far-left political extremist who was “obsessed” with President Obama to the point of being off-putting.
But Mercedes Paz, a Brookline biochemist who also oversaw Bishop’s work in 1993, described her as a friend and a likable woman.
“She was a very good person,” said Paz, 81. “She was respectful and she did what she was supposed to do. I never saw anything that could make me think she was violent.”

Lurchiron

imported post

Ng said the meeting was held around an oval table. The six people on one side were all shot. "The remaining 5 including myself were on the other side of the table (and) immediately dropped to the floor," he wrote.

Hmm... Judged by 12, shot by one; NOT the way I learned the phrase.

aadvark

imported post

I could care less about Her, however; why wasn't someone else Armed... to... [I don't know]... perhaps... Shoot back!

Ooh.. wait.. I found it.. Firearms, Weapons, and Knifes (with Blades longer than 6 inches) are prohibited on University of Huntsville Property.

The University of Huntsville is part of the University of Alabama System!

Surprise!... being part of aState entity..., and NOT Private Property... means it IS bound by State Law!

I thought Alabama Codes 11-80-11 and 11-45-1.1 Preempted this Illegal Rule in their Student Code of Conduct Booklet..., then again, maybe... perhaps... THIS School is above Alabama Law! I, personnally, do not think so!

If it were up to me, The School would LOSE ALL STATE FUNDS!