Thread: Fatal shooting on AL campus

Post imported post

This is exactly why there should be a ban of guns on college campuses.

If there was a law against possession of guns and murder on our college campuses, this could not have happened.

http://www.wave3.com/global/story.asp?s=11979225

Post imported post

Perfect, another celebration for the Brady Bunch :X

Post imported post

This doesn't have to be as much a celebration for the hoplophobes as it can be a battle cry for personal protection.

An incident like like this can be capitalized on by the proponents of Michigan legislation currently being considered to allow for student possession of firearms for personal protection in classrooms and dorms.

Criminals prey on our children attending college. Something needs to be done to stop it. Right here and now.

Post imported post

I did a paper on this very subject for my english class, and my professor loved it. If I remember correctly, there was onlyonce or twice that a shooting on aschool/college campushappened, where carry was allowed. Out of the many that happen on campuses that don't allow carry...

Post imported post

tygereye wrote:
    I did a paper on this very subject for my english class, and my professor loved it. If I remember correctly, there was onlyonce or twice that a shooting on aschool/college campushappened, where carry was allowed. Out of the many that happen on campuses that don't allow carry...
    Oh yeah, where's my copy, hm?? I still want to read that.
    "Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame." - Cort

Gun control is like trying to reduce Drunk Driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.

The answer to "1984" is "
    1776"

With freedom comes much responsibility. It is for this reason so many are loathe to exercise it.

Post imported post

Taurus850CIA wrote:
    tygereye wrote:
    thought i sent it to you... will email it...

Post imported post

tygereye wrote:
    Taurus850CIA wrote:
    tygereye wrote:
    Thank you!
    "Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame." - Cort

Gun control is like trying to reduce Drunk Driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

1776"

With freedom comes much responsibility. It is for this reason so many are loathe to exercise it.

Post imported post

Taurus850CIA wrote:
    tygereye wrote:
    Taurus850CIA wrote:
    tygereye wrote:
    Thank you!
    Emailed it to both email addresses I have for you... Didn't you read it one of the days I helped you move?

Post imported post

tygereye wrote:
    I wonder if your paper would have any effect if sent to legislators? Just a thought.

Edited to add: Ooops... I'm not sure if, once turned in, a paper belongs to the university or not?
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Post imported post

Bikenut wrote:
    tygereye wrote:
    I wonder if your paper would have any effect if sent to legislators? Just a thought.
    hmmmmmm... I don't know about that... Interesting idea though... I would want to run it through alot of people before sending it off though, my professor gave me an "A" but, that may not mean much...

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

CC is currently allowed on campus in 15 states and to date not one of those states have had any report of gun violence.

Post imported post

Generaldet wrote:
    CC is currently allowed on campus in 15 states and to date not one of those states have had any report of gun violence.
    That's probable just one of those statistical coincidences.

Post imported post

Generaldet wrote:
    What? You mean no gunfights in the hallway over girlfriends? Alcohol and drug use hasn't spurred a shootout? Sports rivalries haven't lead to hostage situations?

-Richard

Post imported post

Taurus850CIA wrote:
    tygereye wrote:
    Hmmmmm....I gave it an A. Was written very well IMO.
    Only two have offered their lives for you. A Soldier and Jesus....

Post imported post

SlowDog wrote:
    Taurus850CIA wrote:
    tygereye wrote:
    Hmmmmm....I gave it an A. Was written very well IMO.
    Thanks Slowdog... Taurus read it, he just forgot... :P

Post imported post

1776"

Post imported post

Your welcome.
    Only two have offered their lives for you. A Soldier and Jesus....

Post imported post

Students need to be able to defend against liberal extremist proffessors of which she was one,although it hasn't been reported in the lame stream media!FIGURES!
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!