• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fatal shooting on AL campus

G

imported post

This doesn't have to be as much a celebration for the hoplophobes as it can be a battle cry for personal protection.

An incident like like this can be capitalized on by the proponents of Michigan legislation currently being considered to allow for student possession of firearms for personal protection in classrooms and dorms.

Criminals prey on our children attending college. Something needs to be done to stop it. Right here and now.

tygereye

imported post

I did a paper on this very subject for my english class, and my professor loved it. If I remember correctly, there was onlyonce or twice that a shooting on aschool/college campushappened, where carry was allowed. Out of the many that happen on campuses that don't allow carry...

Taurus850CIA

imported post

tygereye wrote:
I did a paper on this very subject for my english class, and my professor loved it. If I remember correctly, there was onlyonce or twice that a shooting on aschool/college campushappened, where carry was allowed. Out of the many that happen on campuses that don't allow carry...
Oh yeah, where's my copy, hm?? I still want to read that.

tygereye

imported post

Taurus850CIA wrote:
tygereye wrote:
thought i sent it to you... will email it...

Taurus850CIA

imported post

tygereye wrote:
Taurus850CIA wrote:
tygereye wrote:
Thank you!

tygereye

imported post

Taurus850CIA wrote:
tygereye wrote:
Taurus850CIA wrote:
tygereye wrote:
Thank you!
Emailed it to both email addresses I have for you... Didn't you read it one of the days I helped you move?

B

Bikenut

imported post

tygereye wrote:
I wonder if your paper would have any effect if sent to legislators? Just a thought.:)

Edited to add: Ooops... I'm not sure if, once turned in, a paper belongs to the university or not?

tygereye

imported post

Bikenut wrote:
tygereye wrote:
I wonder if your paper would have any effect if sent to legislators? Just a thought.:)
hmmmmmm... I don't know about that... :D Interesting idea though... I would want to run it through alot of people before sending it off though, my professor gave me an "A" but, that may not mean much...

G

imported post

Generaldet wrote:
CC is currently allowed on campus in 15 states and to date not one of those states have had any report of gun violence.
That's probable just one of those statistical coincidences.;)

office888

imported post

Generaldet wrote:
CC is currently allowed on campus in 15 states and to date not one of those states have had any report of gun violence.
What? You mean no gunfights in the hallway over girlfriends? Alcohol and drug use hasn't spurred a shootout? Sports rivalries haven't lead to hostage situations?

:lol::lol::lol:

-Richard

SlowDog

imported post

Taurus850CIA wrote:
tygereye wrote:
Hmmmmm....I gave it an A. Was written very well IMO.

tygereye

imported post

SlowDog wrote:
Taurus850CIA wrote:
tygereye wrote:
Hmmmmm....I gave it an A. Was written very well IMO.
Thanks Slowdog... Taurus read it, he just forgot... :p

Haman J.T.

imported post

Students need to be able to defend against liberal extremist proffessors of which she was one,although it hasn't been reported in the lame stream media!FIGURES!