Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OC @ Richmond Coliseum

Post imported post

Hey guys I 've got a question as to the Richmond Coliseum. Are they OC compliant, or anti? I'm taking my son to Monster Jam TONIGHT!

All I've been able to find with Google-fu is the Coliseum debacle with the Glen Beck show last year over the stickers and the Republican Convention. Their web page does not list No Guns, just can't find anything for certain

Post imported post

Ok I think I found my answer...Yes OC ok.

http://vagunforum.net/general-discus...tion-t807.html

If anyone else can confirm this please!

Post imported post

57 views and no one posted any remarks.

As it happens I went to the Coliseum OCing, made it throught the front door got my tickets at the Will Call window and was checked through the ticket scanners. I was on my way to my seats and was stopped by Coliseum staffers in blue jackets and told "You can't carry that in here". I rebutaled about it NOT being posted on the web page, and was told by "Tanya" that it was! I again stated my case as IT WAS NOT posted on the web page! I even remarked to "Tanya" that "How could I reenter when I know you have a no re-entry policy (posted on the web page)? She informed since I was asked to leave to put it my car I would be allowed to re-enter.

So with my son in tow I returned to my vehicle to "put it away". Not wanting to leave the gun whole be to stolen, I did break it down put some in the car and carried some in my jacket. I tried to make a recording, but I guess I didn't hit the button hard enough to activate it.

So the answer to the question is...NO OC, they are still anti-gun, from the questions I did ask it stems from the private maintenance managment company; I specifically asked "Is this not a public building"?

Post imported post

Hmm, I thought this was all settled already.

If you plan to raise a stink, wait until Wednesday, which is cross-over day for this year's General Assembly. It is supposedly impossible to introduce new legislation after that.

TFred

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

Infidel wrote:
    57 views and no one posted any remarks.

As it happens I went to the Coliseum OCing, made it throught the front door got my tickets at the Will Call window and was checked through the ticket scanners. I was on my way to my seats and was stopped by Coliseum staffers in blue jackets and told "You can't carry that in here". I rebutaled about it NOT being posted on the web page, and was told by "Tanya" that it was! I again stated my case as IT WAS NOT posted on the web page! I even remarked to "Tanya" that "How could I reenter when I know you have a no re-entry policy (posted on the web page)? She informed since I was asked to leave to put it my car I would be allowed to re-enter.

So with my son in tow I returned to my vehicle to "put it away". Not wanting to leave the gun whole be to stolen, I did break it down put some in the car and carried some in my jacket. I tried to make a recording, but I guess I didn't hit the button hard enough to activate it.

So the answer to the question is...NO OC, they are still anti-gun, from the questions I did ask it stems from the private maintenance managment company; I specifically asked "Is this not a public building"?
    You didn't get an answer because no one is sure. At one point it was settled...kind of, then the city decided to do what they pleased and there was talk of a law suit and the mayors assistant with the busy schedule,,

Post imported post

You know, one day, even though it might not be 100% true, I would love to be able to reply to one of these rent-a-cops with:

"Sir, you can't carry that in here."

"Are you willing to bet your job on that?"

Or even more fun:

"Are you aware that as a security guard, you are acting under 'color of law' and in so doing, you become personally liable for any legal and financial consequences of denying me my civil rights under Section 1983 of the Civil Rights Act?"

Like I said... even if not quite true... I bet the look you'd get would be priceless.

TFred

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

I sent the GM an email. Will update if she answers.
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

We supposedly resolved this issue last year.

It seems a lawsuit for violation of constitutional rights in needed. A 1984 petition is easy to do, and the whole thing can be handled pro se.

Although not an attorney I will be glad to assist in drawing up the petition and will chip in $20 towards the filing fee. I'm also volunteering to assist on the requests for discovery documents - thankfully the Norfolk Waterside case gives a template to follow so it's not going to be all that difficult.

The alternative is to sue in state court under Section C of 15.2-915 http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...0+cod+15.2-915although I'm not as confident that would be the most effecatious route.

In eithers case you are the injured party and it is your call.

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Post imported post

skidmark wrote:

It seems a lawsuit for violation of constitutional rights in needed.* [/u][/i].
    Both of those items were the topic of my e-mail to the manager.

Ed
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

I open carried a pistol there in early December while at the Disney On Ice show with three little nephews and nieces. I was obviously noticed by two RPD officers and several employees, with no problems. I'd call Philip and send him a detailed account of what happened.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

skidmark wrote:

chip in $20 towards the filing fee. I'm also volunteering to assist on the requests for discovery documents -
    Me too!

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    skidmark wrote:

It seems a lawsuit for violation of constitutional rights in needed. [/u][/i].

Ed
    Not that what you are doing is not good, constructive and helpful, but given the situation (the matter should have been resolved and never brought up again) Infidel was in fact harmed by their actions. The way our system is set up, he gets made whole again by suing their asses into bankruptcy both individually and collectively.

I'm presuming Infidel wants to be made whole again, and not merely "re-resolve" the matter. I could be wrong.

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Post imported post

skidmark wrote:
    suing their asses into bankruptcy both individually and collectively.
    agreed, and if I was him I would be following that path
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Post imported post

It's almost like they think we're just going to go away.

I can't think of any reason for them to have that idea.

TFred

Post imported post

TFred wrote:
    It's almost like they think we're just going to go away.

I can't think of any reason for them to have that idea.

TFred
    Typical mentality of the "other side"...just firmly say "no" and hope the "threat" goes away and leaves you alone.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Thought the issue was settled also.

OK next step is easy to figure - I'm in.

Let's put this absurdity to rest once and for all.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    I sent the GM an email. Will update if she answers.
    Thank You Ed, I was also planning on doing that myself.

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    skidmark wrote:

Ed
    I even brought up the Republican Round up while I was talking to Tanya, and was still told it is not allowed. I also mentioned/questioned; Is this not a public building?

I am not well versed in lawyerly dealings, so howshouldI start this lawsuit?

Post imported post

Infidel wrote:
    ed wrote:
    skidmark wrote:

Ed
    I even brought up the Republican Round up while I was talking to Tanya, and was still told it is not allowed. I also mentioned/questioned; Is this not a public building?

I am not well versed in lawyerly dealings, so howshouldI start this lawsuit?
    You want to go to Federal court with a 1984 petition? as I suggested, it has the greatest probability of 1) fixing the problem and 2) making you some cash?

PM me to let me know how you want to receive them (snail mail, private email)and I'll send you some copies of inmate petitions - obviously they will be on different subjects than yours - that you can use for style guidelines. If you want assistance writing your petition my offer to do so still stands - either in drafting it or editing/reviewing before submission.

I'll also handle collecting the $$ donations towards you filing fee. Peter, Grapeshot & I will also assist in writing the discovery motions based on the maneuvers used in the Norfolk Waterside case - follow the $$ to prove public venue.

I lurv making someone whole again - it's like playing with tinker toys fitting all the pieces together, but at the end you have money in your (Infidel's) pocket.

stay safe.

skidmark

----Allahpundit

Post imported post

peter nap wrote:
    skidmark wrote:

chip in $20 towards the filing fee. I'm also volunteering to assist on the requests for discovery documents -
    Me too!
    Skidmark, Peter; Thanks guys. Lets see what we do about this, I'm in! A little apprehensive, but in.

Post imported post

skidmark wrote:
    I'll also handle collecting the $$ donations towards your filing fee.
    I'm in for $20 if we are a "go"
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Post imported post

the Form is like this (make substitutions where appropriate, and leave the case number line blank until the clerk assigns one):

In the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia

Joe Bloe, Plaintiff

v. Case Number ________________

The City of Richmond, Virginia, Defendant

Complaint for Civil Damages

Jurisdiction and Venue:

1. Plaintiff is a natural person residing in the Commonwealth of Virginia.

2. Defendant The City of Richmond, Virginia (hereinafter, "Richmond"), is, upon information and belief, a municipal corporation chartered under the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia.

3. This action arises under the Laws of the United States, and particularly 42 U.S.C. 1984, and raises questions of federal law.

4. Jurisdiction is appropriate in this Court pursuant to 28 U.S.C. 1331 ("Federal Question Jurisdiction").

5. The tortious acts complained of herein all took place entirely within the City of Richmond, which is also where the Defendant is, and thus venue is proper in this Court.

Count I: Violation of Civil Rights under Color of Law

(describe, in numbered paragraphs, exactly what happened, factually. Then state that Article I, Section 13 of the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Virgina, 15.2-915 of the Code of Virginia, and the Second Amendment of the Constitution of the United States describe and define your right to be in possession of a firearm, in preservation of your right and duty to protect yourself and your family; and that right is a "civil right" as that term is used in 42 U.S.C. 1984).

WHEREFORE, Plaintiff Bloe demands jugment in his favor and against Defendant The City of Richmond, and compensatory damages in the amount of $10,000.00, plus the costs of this action as well as his attorneys' fees, if any, and interest upon the amount of the judgment at the statutory rate until fully paid; and in addition, Plaintiff demands entry of atemporary injunction pendente lite as well as a permanent injunction against the Defendant requiring that the Defendant cease its interference with the lawful exercise ofcivil rights and in particular, the right to keep and bear arms.

Respectfully submitted,
    Joe Bloe, Plaintiff

Fax number if any
    Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

By the way, nothing I say on this website as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice, merely personal opinion. Everyone having a question regarding the application of law to the facts of their situation should seek the advice of an attorney competent in the subject matter of the issues presented and licensed to practice in the relevant state.

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    skidmark wrote:
    Same here. Lemme know.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Post imported post

t33j wrote:
    ed wrote:
    skidmark wrote:
    Same here. Lemme know.
    put me down for a donation.

Post imported post

I prefer gunpal.net over PayPalgunhater
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast