• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC @ Richmond Coliseum

Infidel

imported post

Hey guys I 've got a question as to the Richmond Coliseum. Are they OC compliant, or anti? I'm taking my son to Monster Jam TONIGHT!

All I've been able to find with Google-fu is the Coliseum debacle with the Glen Beck show last year over the stickers and the Republican Convention. Their web page does not list No Guns, just can't find anything for certain

Infidel

imported post

57 views and no one posted any remarks.

As it happens I went to the Coliseum OCing, made it throught the front door got my tickets at the Will Call window and was checked through the ticket scanners. I was on my way to my seats and was stopped by Coliseum staffers in blue jackets and told "You can't carry that in here". I rebutaled about it NOT being posted on the web page, and was told by "Tanya" that it was! I again stated my case as IT WAS NOT posted on the web page! I even remarked to "Tanya" that "How could I reenter when I know you have a no re-entry policy (posted on the web page)? She informed since I was asked to leave to put it my car I would be allowed to re-enter.

So with my son in tow I returned to my vehicle to "put it away". Not wanting to leave the gun whole be to stolen, I did break it down put some in the car and carried some in my jacket. I tried to make a recording, but I guess I didn't hit the button hard enough to activate it.

So the answer to the question is...NO OC, they are still anti-gun, from the questions I did ask it stems from the private maintenance managment company; I specifically asked "Is this not a public building"?

TFred

imported post

Hmm, I thought this was all settled already.

If you plan to raise a stink, wait until Wednesday, which is cross-over day for this year's General Assembly. It is supposedly impossible to introduce new legislation after that.

TFred

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Infidel wrote:
57 views and no one posted any remarks.

As it happens I went to the Coliseum OCing, made it throught the front door got my tickets at the Will Call window and was checked through the ticket scanners. I was on my way to my seats and was stopped by Coliseum staffers in blue jackets and told "You can't carry that in here". I rebutaled about it NOT being posted on the web page, and was told by "Tanya" that it was! I again stated my case as IT WAS NOT posted on the web page! I even remarked to "Tanya" that "How could I reenter when I know you have a no re-entry policy (posted on the web page)? She informed since I was asked to leave to put it my car I would be allowed to re-enter.

So with my son in tow I returned to my vehicle to "put it away". Not wanting to leave the gun whole be to stolen, I did break it down put some in the car and carried some in my jacket. I tried to make a recording, but I guess I didn't hit the button hard enough to activate it.

So the answer to the question is...NO OC, they are still anti-gun, from the questions I did ask it stems from the private maintenance managment company; I specifically asked "Is this not a public building"?
You didn't get an answer because no one is sure. At one point it was settled...kind of, then the city decided to do what they pleased and there was talk of a law suit and the mayors assistant with the busy schedule,,

TFred

imported post

You know, one day, even though it might not be 100% true, I would love to be able to reply to one of these rent-a-cops with:

"Sir, you can't carry that in here."

"Are you willing to bet your job on that?"

Or even more fun:

"Are you aware that as a security guard, you are acting under 'color of law' and in so doing, you become personally liable for any legal and financial consequences of denying me my civil rights under Section 1983 of the Civil Rights Act?"

Like I said... even if not quite true... I bet the look you'd get would be priceless.

TFred

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

We supposedly resolved this issue last year.

It seems a lawsuit for violation of constitutional rights in needed. A 1984 petition is easy to do, and the whole thing can be handled pro se.

Although not an attorney I will be glad to assist in drawing up the petition and will chip in $20 towards the filing fee. I'm also volunteering to assist on the requests for discovery documents - thankfully the Norfolk Waterside case gives a template to follow so it's not going to be all that difficult.

The alternative is to sue in state court under Section C of 15.2-915 http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+15.2-915although I'm not as confident that would be the most effecatious route.

In eithers case you are the injured party and it is your call.

stay safe.

skidmark

SicSemperTyrannis

imported post

I open carried a pistol there in early December while at the Disney On Ice show with three little nephews and nieces. I was obviously noticed by two RPD officers and several employees, with no problems. I'd call Philip and send him a detailed account of what happened.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ed wrote:
skidmark wrote:

It seems a lawsuit for violation of constitutional rights in needed. [/u][/i].
Both of those items were the topic of my e-mail to the manager.

Ed

Not that what you are doing is not good, constructive and helpful, but given the situation (the matter should have been resolved and never brought up again) Infidel was in fact harmed by their actions. The way our system is set up, he gets made whole again by suing their asses into bankruptcy both individually and collectively.

I'm presuming Infidel wants to be made whole again, and not merely "re-resolve" the matter. I could be wrong.

stay safe.

skidmark

nova

imported post

TFred wrote:
It's almost like they think we're just going to go away.

I can't think of any reason for them to have that idea.

TFred
Typical mentality of the "other side"...just firmly say "no" and hope the "threat" goes away and leaves you alone.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Thought the issue was settled also. :banghead:

OK next step is easy to figure - I'm in.

Let's put this absurdity to rest once and for all.

Yata hey

Infidel

imported post

ed wrote:
skidmark wrote:

Ed

I even brought up the Republican Round up while I was talking to Tanya, and was still told it is not allowed. I also mentioned/questioned; Is this not a public building?

I am not well versed in lawyerly dealings, so howshouldI start this lawsuit?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Infidel wrote:
ed wrote:
skidmark wrote:

Ed

I even brought up the Republican Round up while I was talking to Tanya, and was still told it is not allowed. I also mentioned/questioned; Is this not a public building?

I am not well versed in lawyerly dealings, so howshouldI start this lawsuit?
You want to go to Federal court with a 1984 petition? as I suggested, it has the greatest probability of 1) fixing the problem and 2) making you some cash?

PM me to let me know how you want to receive them (snail mail, private email)and I'll send you some copies of inmate petitions - obviously they will be on different subjects than yours - that you can use for style guidelines. If you want assistance writing your petition my offer to do so still stands - either in drafting it or editing/reviewing before submission.

I'll also handle collecting the $$ donations towards you filing fee. Peter, Grapeshot & I will also assist in writing the discovery motions based on the maneuvers used in the Norfolk Waterside case - follow the $$ to prove public venue.

I lurv making someone whole again - it's like playing with tinker toys fitting all the pieces together, but at the end you have money in your (Infidel's) pocket.

stay safe.

skidmark