• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Nicest Gun?

Overtaxed

imported post

Nicest?

That would easily be my M1 Garand replica made by Springfield Armory in 1986.

Might be bested by the Kahr/Auto Ordnance M1 Carbine I had my local gun shop order for me. Should be here in a few days.

M

McX

imported post

sonora, won't the spread patten on the shotguns nail the bayonettes? and how did you get them fixed onto there like that?

M

McX

imported post

sunday morning coffee time; see what everyones been up to on here after hours. i settled on the wisconsin carry avatar for awhile, it was that or alfred e neuman, i could let you guys vote on that. i joined, it's well worthwhile. don't know what number i am, does that matter? did anyone see the bit on the web of the billboard, in minnesota with a picture of Bush on it, saying miss me yet? loved that one.

M

McX

imported post

oopps, i was off topic. nicest gun? well i do have a thang for my .40 cal Hi Points, got a couple of shotguns, a .22 rifle, guess it would be the Romainian AK. but it's not for shootin, it's just for lookin at. :)

okboomer

imported post

altajava wrote:
U.S. rifle model M1 cal. .30, born in '43.

I have a Rock Ola :celebrate Pacific theater ... with correct import/armory stamps:cool: It has a crack in the buttstock from the owner bashing a Japanese helmet on Corriegador ... even out of ammo in his magazine the gun saved his life :celebrateI have documentation and a copy of his service record and his statement of service!

rockolaSmallWebview.jpg

okboomer

imported post

Overtaxed wrote:
Might be bested by the Kahr/Auto Ordnance M1 Carbine I had my local gun shop order for me. Should be here in a few days.
The AO I ordered came in with the NICEST wood ... it is sooo pretty! And shoots really well. I did replace the factory sights with a mil-surp ramp.

I think it is my prettiest long gun.

carbinestockMediumWebview.jpg

eta to get the photo right

okboomer

imported post

My nicest gun is the Winchester 94 NRA Commemorative that is also 1 of less than 2000 from Winchester's last year.

Yes, she's a safe queen :D

win94SmallWebview.jpg

sovereigngrace

imported post

McX wrote:
oopps, i was off topic. nicest gun? well i do have a thang for my .40 cal Hi Points,. :)

LOL
I hope your just kidding
Nothing against hi points but.......:lol:

sovereigngrace

imported post

McX wrote:
well, protias, at least you didn't cuss me. e pluribus unum there guy. you don't want to end up on that thread about the guy who got arrested for too many guns, so i thought i'd help you out. maybe one for Christmas? i'll trade you a dancing bannana for it?:celebrate

I'll see see your dancing banana and raise you a dancing monkey :monkey

Pace

imported post

And here is the "nicest" gun I own. (resized the photo)

have about $5k invested into it.

Alexcabbie

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
protias wrote:
Why a bayonette on a shotgun?

Why not? Finest close combat weapons yet devised. 'Gets the point across.
Bayonet on a shotgun is a great idea Shotguns are for close-quarters fighting and sometimes a simple bayonet thrust is quicker and more effective than a blast of pellets as it saves ammo, not to mention that being stuck with cold steel (or the prospect of it) is a great morale-drainer for an enemy. A severed aorta will bring aout systemic collapse within about a second. An enemy can often keep coming even after being allowed to hold a full load of 00 buck.

BTW some of the younger set do not believe me when I tell them that the common pot-smoking pracctice of "shotgunning" originated in Vietnam, where a pipe full of maryJane was inserted in the chamber of a shotgun stem-first and the smoke was blown through the barrel for the recipient to inhale. (and before you ask, it has been at least 25 years since I ever smoked that stuff. I don't have the time or the inclinaton anymore and even if I did, I would not czre to associat with the people I would have to asociate with to get it) :cool:

Sonora Rebel

imported post

McX wrote:
sonora, won't the spread patten on the shotguns nail the bayonettes? and how did you get them fixed onto there like that?

The bayonet doesn't affect the shot at all. It's still a solid mass as it passes the pointy end.

'Killer' is a Mossberg M590 3" magnum with heat shield and bayonet lug. The pig sticker is a Chinese repro M-9 clone with about 3 or 4times the original blade length. 'Takes some machine work as the barrel ring is undersized 'n needs to be hogged out and circumferenced. It will also accept a standard M7 bayonet. The sling is my own set-up. I named 'er 'Killer' after firinga magazine load of Winchestersemi-jacketed hollowpoint slugs. (OW!) Not for the weak or timid.

'Angel' is a M1897 Winchester 2 3/4" 'trench gun' with heat shroud and bayonet lug that served from WW1 thru Vietnam. This shotgun has no disconnector and can be fired with the trigger held back as fast as you can rack the slide. 'Angel maker' is a more apt description. The bayonet is an originalRemington M191117". The sling is a M1917 leather 'rifleman' repro.

Both are 'made for' bayonets. Neither one has been modified.

PT111

imported post

What is the definition of nicest or even nice? I have about 15 guns ranging from a 1903 Fox Double Barrel that I still shootto a NAA 22 WMR revolver. I have no idea how to judge nicest.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

PT111 wrote:
What is the definition of nicest or even nice? I have about 15 guns ranging from a 1903 Fox Double Barrel that I still shootto a NAA 22 WMR revolver. I have no idea how to judge nicest.
The 'nicest' gun is the one you actually have in hand when you need it. It's all relative to the actual dynamic of the event.