• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Nicest Gun?

sovereigngrace

imported post

What is the nicest gun you own?

Mine is a 1894 model Winchester 30-30. lever action made in 1906.
It was my great granddad's and it still shoots amazingly well even with mainly all original parts.
I even use to hunt deer every ounce in a while.

t33j

imported post

Kimber Custom Stainless II :celebrate
IMG_8334.jpg

Gunslinger

imported post

Browning Hi-Power, made in 1969 bought by me new in 1971. Finest combat pistol ever made in 9mm. Many in the SpecOps world still carry them in the dark places. As it is in NRA 100%, it is also the most valuable.

My SIG C3 Commander length 1911 is my favorite of the others and my normal carry. But, I like all of my guns and carry most at one time or another. Except the Blackhawks, although I would if I went to the wilds.

Just bought a 94, btw. Nothing collectible, made in '76, but I've always wanted one and it is in beautiful shape. The mostgraceful rifle ever built for my money.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

sovereigngrace wrote:
What is the nicest gun you own?

Mine is a 1894 model Winchester 30-30. lever action made in 1906.
It was my great granddad's and it still shoots amazingly well even with mainly all original parts.
I even use to hunt deer every ounce in a while.
That's beautiful. A real 'saver'.. especially since it was your grandfather's.

FogRider

imported post

That would probably be my Remington 1903-A3 with a sporting stock that an ex-sniper customized and gave my dad, who then gave it to me. I don't have any pics though. I really ought to remedy that.

protias

imported post

I cannot decide between my three favorite, Springfield XD45, FN PS90, and Remington 700 VTR in .308.

M

McX

imported post

protias, you obviously own too many guns, you should give them to me.

M

McX

imported post

well, protias, at least you didn't cuss me. e pluribus unum there guy. you don't want to end up on that thread about the guy who got arrested for too many guns, so i thought i'd help you out. maybe one for Christmas? i'll trade you a dancing bannana for it?:celebrate

M

McX

imported post

whoa, check that shotgun out! can i have that for christmas? that is one bad ass street sweeper. must be the deluxe model. i never get the good stuff-sniffle, you guys just don't realy love me-sniffle.

protias

imported post

Why a bayonette on a shotgun?

McX wrote:
well, protias, at least you didn't cuss me. e pluribus unum there guy. you don't want to end up on that thread about the guy who got arrested for too many guns, so i thought i'd help you out. maybe one for Christmas? i'll trade you a dancing bannana for it?:celebrate
I have more than 3, but less than 11 and a few rounds for each. I take that back, the Mossberg 88 only has 20 rounds, Raging Bull 454 has none, running low on .38 Special (only 200 left), but the rest I am fully stocked.

Oh, no soup for you...unless you have a daughter between 20-30. ;) :p

jayspapa

imported post

The nicest gun I have these days is my Kimber tactical ultra. It will shoot with the Gold cup I traded in on it.

I wish I would have just bought the Kimber outright and kept my 70 series Colt though. Another of those hind sight situations.