• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What an acceptable "Gun Bill" looks like.

Landose_theghost

imported post

So as I'm sure most of us have heard by now the proposed CCW legislation that's on the table does more bad than good, and is pretty much 2ply. So as a rebuttle,This is what I propose as to what an Acceptable gun bill looks like, and it is as follows(if I missed anything, please feel free to add):

1-CCW/OC with no permits,no training,no registration,no fees,EVER.

2-No more GFSZ's ( IMO, a soon to benon issue thx to the lawsuit :D)

3-No more car carry legislation

4-No private party sale limitations (I'm all for a reciept type situation tho, as I already do this on the rare occasion I sell one of my firearms, it protects both parties)

Now like I said, I may have missed a few things, but I think I got the bulk of it. Feel free to post more.

-Landose

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

Landose_theghost wrote:
4-No private party sale limitations (I'm all for a reciept type situation tho, as I already do this on the rare occasion I sell one of my firearms, it protects both parties)
Better no (change to the) law than more bad law. Law abides only the law abiding.

Depending of who is believed, there are nearly 100 million (100,000,000 or 10^8 or 0.1 billion) firearms in private possession now. 100% of my guns have no paper provenance. How will this new bad law be enforced but ex post facto?

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$ damn the Obamanation and its goonion thugs.

M

McX

imported post

on number 3 could we go with; dump car carry legislation, and go to no car carry restrictions?

IA_farmboy

imported post

My proposed bill:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I think that pretty much covers it. :D

Oh, there might be an unnecessary comma or two in there. ;)

M

McX

imported post

yes, but can you carry a tune? or perhapse tunafish? sorry taskforce, you were just a hangin out there for that one:Dor if your automotive minded; how can you tune a car if you can't tunafish?- that one would be for me i guess.:D

Lurchiron

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
McX wrote:
on number 3 could we go with; dump car carry legislation, and go to no car carry restrictions?

OK, just how big are you people anyway? :shock:I can't even lift a car, let alone carry one.

:uhoh:
It's all the milk & cheese...you don't think that bovine growth hormone just disappears from cow to human...do ya? :what::lol:

Lammie

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I have a proposed carry law for the state of confusion (Wisconsin).

The people have the right to keep and bear arms for security, defense, hunting, recreation or for any other lawful purpose.

protias

imported post

I prefer this one:

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,

the right of the people to keep and bear arms

shall not be infringed

But yours isn't bad.

Old Grump

imported post

protias wrote:
I prefer this one:

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,

the right of the people to keep and bear arms

shall not be infringed

But yours isn't bad.
That is half of it, the other half is to rescind every gun law since NFA was passed.

hardballer

imported post

Shall not be infringed. This needs to be our rallying cry. As I have stated many times before, any law restricting firearms in any way is an infringement regardless of what some activist judge, Rino or Libtard may think or rule in some case or proposed legislation.

In the end, "Shall not be infringed" will be the hitch pin in this whole argument.

Sooner or later it will come down to that phrase. Either by vote or by taking up arms.

Best get your elected officials up to speed now rather than later.

Old Grump

imported post

Landose_theghost wrote:
While we're on the subject, what can we do to stop this crap bill that's already on the table? do we have a say in this matter?
You have a phone. You have paper pen, envelope and a stamp, you have a lot to say. Just be short, direct to the point and polite. You also have the primary and general election coming next fall.

M

McX

imported post

this topic, and posts make me think of that bit i saw on the web today; the billboard in minnesota, with bush's picture on it, saying; do you miss me now?
:lol: