• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Starbucks Corp. apologizes for Casper, WY store manager's mistake in asking open carrier to leave

Majorpain

imported post

I'm glad that issue was resolved, the only place i have ever been asked to leave was Fast Lane in Shoshoni. A manager came up to me and asked me If I were a cop once I said no she asked me to leave because they didn't allow people to carry firearms into the store. I told her I would leave and no longer do any business with them, and that I would spread the word.
I noticed the other day they finally put a sign up saying no firearms allowed. I wonder if the owner knows about that because the same guy owns the gas station across the street as well (country corner) and they don't seem to care either way.

M

McX

imported post

are we talking free coffee to open carriers here, or just an i'm sorry?

Paladin

imported post

Majorpain762 wrote:
I'm glad that issue was resolved, the only place i have ever been asked to leave was Fast Lane in Shoshoni. A manager came up to me and asked me If I were a cop once I said no she asked me to leave because they didn't allow people to carry firearms into the store. I told her I would leave and no longer do any business with them, and that I would spread the word.
I noticed the other day they finally put a sign up saying no firearms allowed. I wonder if the owner knows about that because the same guy owns the gas station across the street as well (country corner) and they don't seem to care either way.
I was also asked to leave the Fast Lane in Shoshoni. I basically had the identical conversation with some gal. I have carried open in that very Fast Lane for 30 years with never a problem until that gal took over. They put that sign up about a week after I said something and that was nearly two years ago. I haven't been back since.

I know the store across the street is owned by the same guy as well, so it sounds like time to send him a letter or two.

mr1911

imported post

I want to thank you guys for your great work and support for our rights.

I can tell you this, if there was a legally armed citizen in that coffee shop where those four officers were killed earlier this year in Seattle, they still might be alive today.

I have forwarded this comment on to Starbucks along with my support.

boredstudent

imported post

I was fundamentally against Starbucks because of what I "thought" they stood for, as I was used to the tree huggers and hippes that patronized them at and around my college campus. Now it seems I might have to buy some hot chocolate as I hate coffee, it didn't taste that good the one time I did have it but with a little second amendment to go along with it, well it just might make it better. I'm also glad to see starbucks apologizing for their employee.

As for the mention of the four cops in the coffee shop, that is truly sad and regrettable nobody was able to react in time.

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

boredstudent wrote:
I was fundamentally against Starbucks because of what I "thought" they stood for, as I was used to the tree huggers and hippes that patronized them at and around my college campus. Now it seems I might have to buy some hot chocolate as I hate coffee, it didn't taste that good the one time I did have it but with a little second amendment to go along with it, well it just might make it better. I'm also glad to see starbucks apologizing for their employee.

As for the mention of the four cops in the coffee shop, that is truly sad and regrettable nobody was able to react in time.

It was a sad day in the Puget Sound area; especially after the cop killing on Halloween. All in all we had 8 LEOs shot with 6 of them dying within a 6 week period. They say bad things come in threes. This has made me a believer. 3 shootings, 6 dead LEOs

My heart weeps.

boredstudent

imported post

Bookman wrote:
It was a sad day in the Puget Sound area; especially after the cop killing on Halloween. All in all we had 8 LEOs shot with 6 of them dying within a 6 week period. They say bad things come in threes. This has made me a believer. 3 shootings, 6 dead LEOs

My heart weeps.
Creepy with the 3 thing! I live around Toledo, Oh. I was about to mention Keith Dressel was the last LEO in the area to have been killed. To which point when I found out in 3 days it will be 3 years ago. (http://www.odmp.org/officer/18718-detective-keith-dressel) and then i forgot what the rest of my response was going to be

edit:
I work at a gas station if anyone comes in open carrying, especially third shift, I make it a point to comment. Kinda scary, I knew more about the one cops gun than he did (SIG P226), During the middle of the day there was a guy OC and at a glance it looked like a phone since he was on other side of counter but as he turned away there was no mistaking it. Mentioned it to one of the "management" more as "wow can't believe people people use their rights". He flipped out and said I should have called the cops. Now he knows open carry IS LEGAL spending 30min looking it up on Google through his phone...Also he thought we had one of the no guns signs on the door (almost as if all businesses must have to have them kinda deal). He ended up stealing more money from the company that the guy who came in with a gun.

But I know who supports guns, and was pleasantly surprised by some I talk to. As per insurance issues I would believe is why employees can't have firearms on company property or knives over 3in, or bomb making materials (yeah that put something to that effect). No mention of general public.

turbodog

imported post

boredstudent wrote:
The only thing I ever had against Starbucks was the overpricing of what is, in essence, just flavored water. Mind you I do love coffee!
But, like several here, on learning of their stand against the Brady bunch, I sent them an message of support. As you said, a little 2A makes their coffee that much betta!

We-the-People

imported post

It also makes their coffee shop my new coffee shop. I go out of my way to stop in and pick up a refill. It's $1.25 at the college shop (to refill my big insulated cup with plain coffee) and only $1.75 at Starbucks (plain refill). Not sure what other local prices are but I can OC at Starbucks and the college prohibits (unlawfully here in Oregon) my carry.

I make a point of telling the barista's that they're getting my business BECAUSE of their firearms friendly policy from corporate.

I sent a message to their corporate customer service as well thanking them for respecting my right to self defense.

GO STARBUCKS.