• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

KimberGuy is at it again!!!!

firefighterSTFD22

imported post

kyleplusitunes wrote:
Kimberguy has done more for the opencarry movement than you have, I'm sure, mostly absolutely positive, he also serves our country currently.

I hope to god he doesn't let some new anti-RKBA (which is what you are in my eyes if you show up here bitching about someone displaying their rights, whether you agree with it or not.) with 16 posts run him off.

Maybe you should do some work for the cause, show up to some events, gain some clout amongst your peers in a wonderful movement to educate the public, then suggest what Kimberguy needs to do.

Our leadership here will handle membership. Not you bud.

Sell your guns, vote progressive, make the changes you want. Otherwise, post somewhere else, IMO.

KG may curently serve our COUNTRY (and for that I thank him) but in this instance in Lansing he DOES NOT serve Open carry in a positive manner!

I may have (at your tally) 16 posts, but look at WHAT i have posted and WHAT I have done (am doing) in regard to 2A rights! I HAVE worked the cause and I "educate the public" on a daily basis!

And I WILL get personal; if you have the manhood in you to call me out from behind your mighty keyboard as anti-RKBA do it to my face little man!

Kusala

imported post

firefighterSTFD22 wrote:
kyleplusitunes wrote:
Kimberguy has done more for the opencarry movement than you have, I'm sure, mostly absolutely positive, he also serves our country currently.

I hope to god he doesn't let some new anti-RKBA (which is what you are in my eyes if you show up here bitching about someone displaying their rights, whether you agree with it or not.) with 16 posts run him off.

Maybe you should do some work for the cause, show up to some events, gain some clout amongst your peers in a wonderful movement to educate the public, then suggest what Kimberguy needs to do.

Our leadership here will handle membership. Not you bud.

Sell your guns, vote progressive, make the changes you want. Otherwise, post somewhere else, IMO.

KG may curently serve our COUNTRY (and for that I thank him) but in this instance in Lansing he DOES NOT serve Open carry in a positive manner!

I may have (at your tally) 16 posts, but look at WHAT i have posted and WHAT I have done (am doing) in regard to 2A rights! I HAVE worked the cause and I "educate the public" on a daily basis!

And I WILL get personal; if you have the manhood in you to call me out from behind your mighty keyboard as anti-RKBA do it to my face little man!
Your actions on this board are stellar. Way to conduct yourself, Makes a good case for ya.

Sorry but you come off sounding pretty bad now.

Kimberguy

imported post

where did all this anger come from? I'm sorry you feel the way you do fire fighter. I would hope that we can put this foolishness aside and continue on with what matters; defending our rights.

as to your interpretation of what I wrote i don't see how that is insulting, and it was directed to the previous posts in that thread. read it, and you'll find them.

I would suggest though, that if you really have a problem with me, you PM me. You can actually resolve things that way, instead of trying to slander some one on a public forum.

I have good reason for not replying to most of these posts. but I have read them all.

office888

imported post

firefighterSTFD22 wrote:
http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=165036&page=9scroll down Feb 13, 2010 9:34pm post.

Stalking out discussions of blah blah blah blah blah blah blah...
:exclaim: YOUS' TROLLIN'! :exclaim:

Main Entry: Troll
Pronunciation: \trōl\
Function: verb
In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[2]

Now please troll elsewhere, and don't let the door hit you on the way out...

-Richard-

kyleplusitunes

imported post

this guy is a joke, as were most posts on that site. this guy refuses to be associated with a movement in which kimberguy is.

in this case, I say we clone kimberguy and keep him and all his cousins from here.

kimberguy, keep on rockin in the free world, except for some freedoms people don't agreeeee with yeeeeah

that's how the song goes right?

Wiz

imported post

Oh that pesky Kimberguy, exercising his rights and doing things within the law, and being offended at people insulting. Dear lord what is the world coming to?!

Now, I've got a low post count. And I've only attended one event, I want to attend more, but I've got issues that prevent me from doing too much at the moment. And I'll admit, I was about to jump on the bandwagon of "Oh my god this guy is ruining everything blah blah blah" but then I got to thinking.

And you know what? Just because I wouldn't do it, doesn't mean its wrong. He obviously understands that by doing this as a form of activism (Or however you want to label what these events are, I know they're usually dinners/lunches...Actilunches? Copyright that.) hes going to draw attention, either positive or negative. And I'm sure he understands that uneducated public may be scared and do something about it...so why does he still do it?

Because these events are supposed to be about raising the public awareness about carrying firearms in the open. While I DO think his methods can be a bit...extreme. Hes not doing anything illegal, and he certainly isn't doing anything that I can see as reason for me not to support open carry, or for anyone else to not support open carry.

I probably got too long winded and goofed up in there somewhere. But that's just my 2 cents.

JamesIan

imported post

The OP seems to have a short memory. Just few weeks ago, the threads in other forums demonstrated mixed feelings about OC of a handgun.
Today, most of the threads we read start out like this, "I support OC of a handgun, but..."
Now the handgun is acceptable and the rifle is the question!
Kimberguy may have almost single-handedly moved the chains on this issue! I say we need him out there carrying his rifle. He is plowing the road for us.
I sincerly hope to meet you some day KG. I will be proud to shake your hand.

Wiz

imported post

T Vance wrote:
JamesIan wrote:
Kimberguy may have almost single-handedly moved the chains on this issue! I say we need him out there carrying his rifle. He is plowing the road for us.
HAHAHA. That's a good way to look at it.
Is he? Because I've been stuck in my driveway a few times this year. So if Kimberguy could you know, plow over her.e...wait...you were metaphorical...

:(

Taurus850CIA

imported post

firefighterSTFD22 wrote:
This subject is as dead as a possum in the I-696 fast lane at 10:00 am Monday morning. Leave it be.

lapeer20m

imported post

How can gun people be for some gun rights, but against others? If pro gun people don't believe that every gun law is an "infringement" on the right to keep and bear arms, how are we supposed to convince liberal law-makers and repeal oppressive gun legislation?

I oc more often than i cc. I've yet to have any interaction with leo, and have very few encounters with regular people. Most people don't even notice, which is how it should be.

kimberguy carrying a rifle is ok with me. i personally don't want to oc a rifle, but i don't have a problem with someone else exercising their right to do so. It did create a lot of publicity, and the news outlets on tv, print, and probably even radio, were reporting that open carry is legal. From that perspective alone, his choice to oc of a rifle has done plenty to educate people that it is a legal activity.

I try to be very polite when i oc. there are times i cover up just because i think it is more polite to do so.

and as far as baiting a leo. You can't bait an officer into violating your rights, they have to choose to do that all on their own.

It is hypocritical to be for some gun rights, but against others.

First they came for the communists, and I did not speak out—because I was not a communist;
Then they came for the trade unionists, and I did not speak out—because I was not a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—because I was not a Jew;
Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak out for me.

It could be re-written to say:
First hey came for the short barrelled shot guns, and i did not speak out because i didn't own any short barrelled shot guns
Then they came for the machine guns, and i did not speak out-because i did not have any machine guns
Then they came for the "assault rifles" and "high capacity" magazines and i did not speak out-because i didn't have any "assault weapons"
Then they came for my pistols---

G

imported post

lapeer20m wrote:
How can gun people be for some gun rights, but against others? If pro gun people don't believe that every gun law is an "infringement" on the right to keep and bear arms, how are we supposed to convince liberal law-makers and repeal oppressive gun legislation?

I oc more often than i cc. I've yet to have any interaction with leo, and have very few encounters with regular people. Most people don't even notice, which is how it should be.

kimberguy carrying a rifle is ok with me. i personally don't want to oc a rifle, but i don't have a problem with someone else exercising their right to do so. It did create a lot of publicity, and the news outlets on tv, print, and probably even radio, were reporting that open carry is legal. From that perspective alone, his choice to oc of a rifle has done plenty to educate people that it is a legal activity.

I try to be very polite when i oc. there are times i cover up just because i think it is more polite to do so.

and as far as baiting a leo. You can't bait an officer into violating your rights, they have to choose to do that all on their own.

It is hypocritical to be for some gun rights, but against others.

First they came for the communists, and I did not speak out—because I was not a communist;
Then they came for the trade unionists, and I did not speak out—because I was not a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—because I was not a Jew;
Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak out for me.

It could be re-written to say:
First hey came for the short barrelled shot guns, and i did not speak out because i didn't own any short barrelled shot guns
Then they came for the machine guns, and i did not speak out-because i did not have any machine guns
Then they came for the "assault rifles" and "high capacity" magazines and i did not speak out-because i didn't have any "assault weapons"
Then they came for my pistols---
+1

These fudds will disparage a lawful activity, and implicity condone the unlawful activities of the Lansing Police.

Disgusting childish fudds.

WARCHILD

imported post

It's amazing to me how all the focus keeps coming around to KG. This site does not like nor allow LEO bashing, which I normally agree with. What I am concerned about is the people who weren't even there, make no reference to the LPD being responsible for the whole issue, not KG. All this anger and finger pointing needs to be directed at the LPD and ALL the officers involved. KG broke no laws, LPD on the other hand, had a field day with no repercussions as yet to be seen.
If you want to complain, do it in writing to the LPD. :cuss::banghead:

Kusala

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
It's amazing to me how all the focus keeps coming around to KG. This site does not like nor allow LEO bashing, which I normally agree with. What I am concerned about is the people who weren't even there, make no reference to the LPD being responsible for the whole issue, not KG. All this anger and finger pointing needs to be directed at the LPD and ALL the officers involved. KG broke no laws, LPD on the other hand, had a field day with no repercussions as yet to be seen.
If you want to complain, do it in writing to the LPD. :cuss::banghead:

QFT :exclaim:

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
Taurus850CIA wrote:
This subject is as dead as a possum in the I-696 fast lane at 10:00 am Monday morning. Leave it be.
And then buried in the Pet Sematary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6GzVCYqoyY
Ramones
Pet Sematary
Lyrics

Under the arc of a weather stain boards,
Ancient goblins, and warlords,
Come out of the ground, not making a sound,
The smell of death is all around,
And the night when the cold wind blows, no one cares, nobody knows.

I don't wanna be buried in a Pet Sematary,
I don't want to live my life again.

Follow Victor to the sacred place,
This ain't a dream, I can't escape,
Molars and fangs, the clicking of bones,
Spirits moaning among the tombstones,
And the night, when the moon is bright,
Someone cries, something ain't right.