• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Calling campaign to the Bob & Rocco Show

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

Wisconsin Carry was denied a table at the Rocco Memorial Show in La Crosse early this year. I will be calling him to get permission to have an informational table at the Eau Claire show. If he remains insist that he will not allow Wisconsin Carry access to his show, I will inform him that I will be there on way or the other. Either I will be there with a table or outside on public property with a sign saying, "Bob wants your money, but won't lift a finger for WI GUN RIGHTS."

IF he won't budge on the position that he has taken, how many of you would give him a call?

I have not called him yet, so don't call him yet.

Carry On & Carry Always!

Lurchiron

imported post

BROKENSPROKET wrote:
Wisconsin Carry was denied a table at the Rocco Memorial Show in La Crosse early this year. I will be calling him to get permission to have an informational table at the Eau Claire show. If he remains insist that he will not allow Wisconsin Carry access to his show, I will inform him that I will be there on way or the other. Either I will be there with a table or outside on public property with a sign saying, "Bob wants your money, but won't lift a finger for WI GUN RIGHTS."

IF he won't budge on the position that he has taken, how many of you would give him a call?

Carry On & Carry Always!
Does he have any firearm sponsors to his show? Maybe a little nudge from the top, down; would set him straight.

32HR MAG

imported post

Can't wait to hear what he has to say. It's hard to believe that he would deny a table at a show that is handing out information.Maybe he thought you would cause him grief with his show policy of no carry.
If he denies the next show.We need to get on the phone and ring his bell.

AaronS

imported post

BROKENSPROKET wrote:

Carry On & Carry Always!
Let me know, I would be happy to make a few calls for you. This "no carry info" at a gun show is a real joke. If he sticks by this, I would have to say that the time has come for Rocco to hang it up. Again, I will not get involved until you give the word.

anmut

imported post

I downloaded his latest brochure and it said something to the effect that "tables are only allowed for firearm sales/trades, no information."

So I don't think you are being singled out, I think that he's just trying to keep the show just for people that have a gun to sell or buy. That said, anyone that's been to one of their setups knows all the junk that is right along side of a few firearms.

Here's a suggestion. Buy a table for $45, throw out a couple pistols for sale at insanely high prices to assure they don't actually sell, and use the rest of your table for informational purposes. :)

XDFDE45

imported post

So they have no problem with people selling guns but with them carrying :question: That one is beyond me. Anyway I know they have a show coming up at the Wauk. Expo on March 5-7 so I'll be on the lookout for a WI Carry table. If not I'll be willing to place a call to them. Sell but not carry :shock::banghead:.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Just to be clear:

An attempted to contact Mr. Pucci via email was made to request permission to do a membership drive. No reply received.

An attempted to call Mr. Pucci, a voice mail was left. No reply received.

At the show (setup time) an in-person request was made for a small table to do a membership drive. Mr. Pucci replied that all tables had been sold.

An inquiry was made about the email that had been sent, Mr. Pucci replied that those emails go to one of his printing companies. He stops in there once a month to get them and throws most of them away as they are over a month old.

An inquiry was made about the voice mail, Mr. Pucci replied he hadn't been home so he didn't get it.

An inquiry was made about something small in the corner and Mr. Pucci replied there was no room but check back on Saturday to see if there was a cancellation.

As an email had already been sent to some people hoping to maybe meet up there, a second email was sent stating Mr Pucci didn't provide a location so there wouldn't be any meeting up.

Several of the people emailed went to the La Crosse show and confronted Mr. Pucci directly. Apparently this only exacerbated the situation.

On Saturday, an additional request was made for a table (checking if there were any cancellations as instructed). Mr. Pucci had a copy of the the second email and several replies/forwards sent by other people. Pucci inquired as to it's authenticity and then commented that the email author along with the organization would never have a place at a Bob and Rocco show and that he would be forwarding the printed email in his hand to his lawyer.

As we get more flies with honey than vinegar, I would suggest diplomacy. Pucci is within his rights to restrict/deny anyone entrance just as you would be within your rights to protest/picket such an action but we should try to work something out to the benefit of both parties.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

anmut wrote:
I downloaded his latest brochure and it said something to the effect that "tables are only allowed for firearm sales/trades, no information."

So I don't think you are being singled out, I think that he's just trying to keep the show just for people that have a gun to sell or buy. That said, anyone that's been to one of their setups knows all the junk that is right along side of a few firearms.

Here's a suggestion. Buy a table for $45, throw out a couple pistols for sale at insanely high prices to assure they don't actually sell, and use the rest of your table for informational purposes. :)
When the local Rod & Gun here used to do membership drives they were always at the shows. I have seen the "Republican" party have tables just outside the show handing out information at MANY Bob & Rocco shows. The Wisconsin Patriots were at several Bob & Rocco shows gathering signatures for their petition drive in 2008.

I'm not saying anybody is/was being singled out, you draw your own conclusion.

anmut

imported post

I can hear what you're saying. As far as those shows go I'm not sure it would be beneficial anyway. With the bad blood already brewing he might let an open carry booth in but place you next to the turds with the nazi memorabilia. Then you just look like another ass with an ax to grind.

Either way the B&R shows are fairly lame as far as gun shows go, IMHO. I think that getting the information into the public mindset via advertisement or presence at non-firearm related events would be more worth your time.

Otherwise you are more or less preaching to the choir.

M

McX

imported post

sounds like the b & r show don't want wisconsin carry stealing their thunder. wouldn't want to be upstaged by an organization that's actually doing something,insteadofjust making a profit. still, it would have been beautiful to see them 10 deep at the wisconsin carry table.

professor gun

imported post

I attended the gun show in La Crosse that Friday evening. I had heard that Wisconsin Carry had been denied a table on the basis that there was no room or no tables available. There was a lot of empty space there and a number of tables that were not in use.

I approached Mr. Pucci to ask politely if it were true that Wisconsin Carry had requested a table and had been turned down. He did not even have the courtesy to stop to talk with me but kept trying to pull away from me on his scooter. He told me he didn't have e-mail as he kept speeding up to get away from me. He kept increasing his scooter speed to get away from me until I decided it was pointless to ask any more questions. I was not at all confrontational or aggressive with him; I just simply asked if what I had heard was true. Mr. Pucci was dismissive, unwilling to talk with me, and rude to the extreme.

Chaseburg Rod & Gun Club did have a table there to sell club memberships and promote their Garand shoot.

I am not a member of Wisconsin Carry. I support open carry and I support shall issue concealed carry laws. I do believe that gun owners must support each other in pursuit of our firearms rights as well as defense of our Constitutional rights. Those who make a living from firearms related businesses, in my opinion, should also be supportive of anyone working to maintain our Second Amendment rights, all of them. Those who do not operate in this manner deserve the Zumbo treatment in my opinion.

M

McX

imported post

professor gun; i would suggest you consider joining wisconsincarry. you can download their application on their site wisconsincarry.org, the cost is a minimal $15 per year. worth every penny.

professor gun

imported post

McX wrote:
professor gun; i would suggest you consider joining wisconsincarry. you can download their application on their site wisconsincarry.org, the cost is a minimal $15 per year. worth every penny.
Yes, you are right. I have been procrastinating here........

AaronS

imported post

McX wrote:
sounds like the b & r show don't want wisconsin carry stealing their thunder. wouldn't want to be upstaged by an organization that's actually doing something,insteadofjust making a profit. still, it would have been beautiful to see them 10 deep at the wisconsin carry table.
The real sad part is that we could work very well together. We could help bring more people tohis shows, and he could help us get the word out about open carry... It could be a good win for both...

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

This my suggestion of honey as opposed to vinegar.

He may very well be willing to support us if "asked" in the right way.

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
This my suggestion of honey as opposed to vinegar.

He may very well be willing to support us if "asked" in the right way.
Well then, I guess that I should not be the one to call him then. I would be to eager to challenge him to wear his 2A support on his sleeve and let gun rights groups into his shows. I would suggest, If he wanted,to put Wisconsin Carry right across the aisle from Wisconsin Patriots.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

BROKENSPROKET wrote:
Well then, I guess that I should not be the one to call him then. I would be to eager to challenge him to wear his 2A support on his sleeve and let gun rights groups into his shows. I would suggest, If he wanted,to put Wisconsin Carry right across the aisle from Wisconsin Patriots.
I don't think the WI-Patriots are doing any petition drives at this time.

As for calling him, we all know you have the tact necessary from your handling of the WalMart situation.

comp45acp

imported post

When the Wisconsin Patriots were doing the petition drives Mr. Pucci was quite helpful, pointed out the best location to get the most traffic, OKed for us to open carry, etc. We never had a problem with him and I have open carried at the Waukesha show as recently as last December without incident.

I suggest you get together with him and try to smooth this out. He really is a good guy and it appears something must have been said or misconstrued that angered him.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

comp45acp wrote:
When the Wisconsin Patriots were doing the petition drives Mr. Pucci was quite helpful, pointed out the best location to get the most traffic, OKed for us to open carry, etc. We never had a problem with him and I have open carried at the Waukesha show as recently as last December without incident.

I suggest you get together with him and try to smooth this out. He really is a good guy and it appears something must have been said or misconstrued that angered him.
comp:

As you already have a rapport with him, would you be willing to contact him for us? It'd be a great way to show support for your fellow OCDO members.