• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC, 1st time, Pasco

Stretch

imported post

Had a couple of errands to run today so I decided today would be a good test, even if briefly, for my first OC. Carrying my XD 9mm Sub Compact in a black serpa holster.

Stop 1 was a very busy fuel station in West Pasco. Hopped out, fueled up and as expected nothing out of the ordinary.

Stop 2 was at the local Starbucks, to support their current stance on our 2nd Amendment rights. I parked, walked in and noticed right away a woman catch a glimpse of my sidearm. I thought she mentioned something to her husband but wasn't sure. Hard to miss a weapon at 38" off the ground, thats basically eye level with a seated person. Ordered a couple of drinks, no mention of the weapon by the employee.

I moved over towards the receiving area for my go go juice and heard the male half of the couple whom I mentioned above audibly say, "It is perfectly legal to open carry in Washington..." I turned and thanked him for recognizing our rights. While I waited for the coffee, we had a nice discussion of the negative impressions some people have about guns, and what we can do to improve and change some people's beliefs. We also talked of the Starbucks dilemma and how we all should write to them about their position and support their corporate views.

Needless to say, the hot coffee was served, and no incidents to report. I did offer a brochure but he was familiar with OCDO. He may or may not read this, but if he is on here as a user, let's meet for a java again!

Stretch

killchain

imported post

Stretch wrote:
Had a couple of errands to run today so I decided today would be a good test, even if briefly, for my first OC. Carrying my XD 9mm Sub Compact in a black serpa holster.

Stop 1 was a very busy fuel station in West Pasco. Hopped out, fueled up and as expected nothing out of the ordinary.

Stop 2 was at the local Starbucks, to support their current stance on our 2nd Amendment rights. I parked, walked in and noticed right away a woman catch a glimpse of my sidearm. I thought she mentioned something to her husband but wasn't sure. Hard to miss a weapon at 38" off the ground, thats basically eye level with a seated person. Ordered a couple of drinks, no mention of the weapon by the employee.

I moved over towards the receiving area for my go go juice and heard the male half of the couple whom I mentioned above audibly say, "It is perfectly legal to open carry in Washington..." I turned and thanked him for recognizing our rights. While I waited for the coffee, we had a nice discussion of the negative impressions some people have about guns, and what we can do to improve and change some people's beliefs. We also talked of the Starbucks dilemma and how we all should write to them about their position and support their corporate views.

Needless to say, the hot coffee was served, and no incidents to report. I did offer a brochure but he was familiar with OCDO. He may or may not read this, but if he is on here as a user, let's meet for a java again!

Stretch
Just stay away from Wal-Mart in Richland at night. You're in for a fight (even though you're right) from the door greeters. I open carry in Grigg's every once in a while, when I'm in Pasco. :p