• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pizza Hut No FireArms

Pace

imported post

Lucky you...

Sonora Rebel wrote:
I'm too far out in the cholla for pizza delivery... but there's one... Papa Johns maybe... 'bout 18 miles east. There's always another 'choice'. These clowns want'a persist with this anti-gun crap in Arizona (of all places)... I'll patronize those who don't. No big stink about it. I don't like Pepsi anyway.

*1911_man*

imported post

I thought pizza hut served alcohol?
Im probably wrong, but not sure since i dont eat that vial creation

GWbiker

imported post

>meso.40< wrote:
I thought pizza hut served alcohol?
Im probably wrong, but not sure since i dont eat that vial creation

Pizza (Barf) Hut, over salted, watered down sauce on cardboard tasting crust.

Yuk...

Go to a family owned Pizzera for real Pizza.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Here's the deal, as of now.

Tim Steller Arizona Daily Star | Posted: Sunday, June 20, 2010 12:00 am | Comments

The company that owns most of Southern Arizona's Pizza Huts has reversed policy and is allowing customers to carry firearms into the restaurants if they are legal possessors.

Patrick McKinney, vice president of operations for Tucson-based Pizza Hut of Arizona, said he began reconsidering the company's policy of prohibiting guns after reading a newspaper article about the state's new concealed-carry law.

That law, which goes into effect July 29, allows people 21 or older (and not prohibited from having a firearm) to carry a concealed gun without a permit.

McKinney and his staff held a meeting about the issue and began to remove the restaurants' signs banning firearms during the first week of June, he said in a written reply to questions.

The issue of customers with firearms is confronting private business owners as Arizona's gun laws become more liberal, and as gun-rights advocates press for public acceptance of carried firearms.

The issue may be particularly poignant in the case of Tucson Pizza Huts. In 1999, three employees of a Pizza Hut near the corner of East Broadway and Pantano roads were shot to death in an attempted robbery by two teens.

"We will never forget the tragedy of those murders in 1999 and what happened may have shaped our feelings about guns forever," McKinney wrote.

The new policy doesn't apply to employees, who won't be able to carry guns at work. "For safety reasons we have always had a 'no weapon' policy (while working) for all of us at Pizza Hut of Arizona," McKinney wrote.

The company has about 1,000 employees at restaurants in Southern Arizona, Yuma and Flagstaff.

Arizona law allows most adults over 21 to carry a firearm openly (It's 18... the people who write this stuff are morons) but has placed greater restrictions on carrying a gun concealed (CWP went into effect in '94). Until the new law goes into effect, a person still must have a permit to carry a concealed weapon. The exceptions to these laws are prohibited possessors such as felons whose rights have not been restored, and visitors and students from other countries.

Alcohol adds an additional complexity to Arizona's gun laws and is relevant to Pizza Hut's decision in that many of the restaurants serve alcohol. Establishments that sell alcohol must permit the concealed carry of weapons by legal possessors unless they post a state-approved sign banning them. However, a person carrying a firearm may not drink alcohol while on the premises.

Contact reporter Tim Steller at tsteller@azstarnet.com or 807-8427.

I sent Steller an e-mail correction him on the '21 open carry' error. You still need a CWP to legally carry in these places. I doubt that anybody's going to check... particularly women who'll carry in their purse. Too freakin' hot down here in thesouth to conceal anything.

Huck

imported post

I stopped doing business with pizza hut a few years back when they fired one of theirdelivery peoplefor using a gun to protect his life when he was attacked. It's happened a few more times since then.

The impression I have about pizza hut is that they're more concerned with the image of a "safe" environment than they are about actually being one and could'nt care less about their employees.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Huck wrote:
I stopped doing business with pizza hut a few years back when they fired one of theirdelivery peoplefor using a gun to protect his life when he was attacked. It's happened a few more times since then.

The impression I have about pizza hut is that they're more concerned with the image of a "safe" environment than they are about actually being one and could'nt care less about their employees.
You've nailed it! Corporate image trumps all else but profit. They've taken a clue from Starbucks tho... 'n I do believe these corporations have mutual PR seminars to take the pulse of the consumer base. More and more... people (consumers)are carrying weapons. More an more, people are less likely to pay any attention to the 'Brady' hysteria than to the obvious needsof their own safety. Really tho... is a pizza delivery job worth your life? I'd carry anyway... as many (I suspect) do. 'Seems more businesses are conforming to state law(s) where they may have previously ignored them. Many still cling to 'No Guns' particularly when corporate HQ are in places such as Chicago, New York City 'n such where culturalhoplophobia is endemic.

rpyne

imported post

I quit dong business with Pizza Hut many years ago when they, along with Taco Bell, became part of the Pepsico conglomerate. At that time, the board of directors of Pepsico was almost identical to the board of directors of the Brady bunch. That is why I don't buy Pepsi or FritoLay products.

crisisweasel

imported post

Huck wrote:
I stopped doing business with pizza hut a few years back when they fired one of their delivery people for using a gun to protect his life when he was attacked. It's happened a few more times since then.

They aren't concerned with quality pizza either. Ordering Pizza Hut where I'm from could get you whacked. I can think of no reason to go there.

Notso

Campaign Veteran
imported post

That's good that they've reversed policy. A grocery store chain in the midwest recently did the same thing. It makes for a good comeback when the Brady Bunch starts talking about Peet's Coffee and California Pizza Kitchen when they debate.

*1911_man*

imported post

rpyne wrote:
I quit dong business with Pizza Hut many years ago when they, along with Taco Bell, became part of the Pepsico conglomerate. At that time, the board of directors of Pepsico was almost identical to the board of directors of the Brady bunch. That is why I don't buy Pepsi or FritoLay products.
id die without pepsi, but you do make alot of sense. All of these corporations are slowly but surely, disregarding our second amendment rights.

Anywhere that has a NO GUNS ALLOWED sign loses my business, for 3 main reasons.
1. I should have the right to protect myself while eating an overpriced meal.
2. I do not feel secure leaving my firearm inside of my vehicle.
3. I believe these places are ANTI constitution, as the second amendment is in the constitution.

Pizza hut is no exception, they have less than quality food, and for whatever bizarre reason, dont want anyone in their establishments to be protected.
Just my opinion, take it for what its worth.

Notso

Campaign Veteran
imported post

&gt;meso.40&lt; wrote:
rpyne wrote:
id die without pepsi, but you do make alot of sense. All of these corporations are slowly but surely, disregarding our second amendment rights.

3. I believe these places are ANTI constitution, as the second amendment is in the constitution.

Pizza hut is no exception, they have less than quality food, and for whatever bizarre reason, dont want anyone in their establishments to be protected.
I'm seeing more and more businesses reversing policy and allowing firearms. The initial reaction after 'guns in bars' was passed last year is normal. Now businesses are reversing that policy, just like after CCW was originally passed in the 90's.

doninvegas

imported post

Notso wrote:
&gt;meso.40&lt; wrote:
rpyne wrote:

I'm seeing more and more businesses reversing policy and allowing firearms. The initial reaction after 'guns in bars' was passed last year is normal. Now businesses are reversing that policy, just like after CCW was originally passed in the 90's.
I have to say, That since these new gun laws have been passed here in AZ, I have seen many more of the Signs put into use.....It is very frustrating to take off my gun to pay for gas then put it back on .....and some times i dont see the signs till i am leaving the store...ooops...but no one knows i am carrying if it is concealed....very confusing.....

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

I see more and more establishments NOT excluding the RKBA and I believe that this is primarily due to the OC movement and the follow through function that so many perform when there is a glitch. Education/familiarity is having a profound effect with municipalities, businesses and the public.

Keep working through your legislature and the court system when there is no other satisfactory means. You all drew an ace with the new no permit law which will go into effect soon - congratulations.

Yata hey

mFonz77

How did it go?

It went well, just three of us, but the manager there (NOT bistro - no experience with them except they have good lookin' waitresses) is a good guy and likes making money for his restaurant. And when computer geeks go eating there is usually a lot of money to be made.