• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pizza Hut No FireArms

Pace

imported post

On Carefree Highway, just noticed while getting my starbucks.

Anyone else know if this is a store or local policy?

ogroup

imported post

add them to the list No Guns= NO $$$$$. Plus let the managers know that you'll spread the word on boycott.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Must be a regional thing, because I've never seen a "No Guns" sign of any sort at any Pizza Hut around here and people OC in places serving alcohol too (required because CC is illegal in places serving alcohol).

Pace

imported post

Well, I'd love to find out.

I've discovered places with no firearm signs, often they are just "scared" but also there is something nefarious going on. Ie, they want to put other signs up that are a little less American.

JBURGII

imported post

I have hit the local Hut here with no problem.. but there are many heads in the sand in my state.. slow to react..

Pace

imported post

Well, maybe its not a corporate policy.

I'm curious does No Firearms Signs affect retired police officers? Off duty? In theory, in most states the carrying of firearms in restricted are "Is in the performance of duty"

Does this mean that these signs ban cops basically off duty also?

mFonz77

imported post

Pace wrote:
Well, maybe its not a corporate policy.

I'm curious does No Firearms Signs affect retired police officers? Off duty? In theory, in most states the carrying of firearms in restricted are "Is in the performance of duty"

Does this mean that these signs ban cops basically off duty also?
No. LEOSA. They get a pass.

Pace

imported post

Actually, it does apply, and we have some really good ammo here. The LEOSA act only allows regarding the public, but LEOSA act requires following of all other laws in regards, especially on private property. Private property trumps everything, unless a police officer is in the performance of his duty.

So below, an off-duty, or LEOSA officer can NOT carry into these establishments.

AZ DPS.
Can a person carrying pursuant to LEOSA carry a concealed firearm into a place that serves alcohol for consumption on the premises?
If the business is posted “No Firearms or Weapons” (or something similar), the person may NOT enter with a firearm (see question 6 above). If the business is not posted, a person carrying under LEOSA may enter with the firearm, however, the person is prohibited from consuming alcohol. How this law applies to active law enforcement officers will vary from state to state; contact that state for details. In Arizona, active peace officers may carry in on-sale liquor establishments.

acmariner99

imported post

Quick question. According the the "map" about restaurant carry, in Arizona you need a CCW to carry in a restaurant, but CC is illegal when an establishment serves alcohol. Does that mean you can OC in restaurants, provided you do not drink? Could someone send me a link or other information to clarify this? Thanks.

Pace

imported post

There is quite a bit on this all over the place, please read it.

You can not carry in an alchohol establishment unless you have CCW.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Pace wrote:
There is quite a bit on this all over the place, please read it.

You can not carry in an alchohol establishment unless you have CCW.
If the establishment is posted No Weapons... you still can't.

rpyne

imported post

Michigander wrote:
If my memory serves me right, Pizza Hut has been anti gun for a very long time.
Pizza Hut, like KFC, used to be owned by Pepsico, which also owns FritoLay. There was a time about 15 years ago when about half of the Brady Bunch board of directors were also officers or board members of Pepsico. I haven't been able to find more recent info, but back then Pepsico was also donating big bucks to the Brady Bunch.

When Pepsico spun off the restaurant operations, I'm sure that much of the same management remained and continued the Pepsico hopolophobic attitude.

rpyne

imported post

Pace wrote:
You talking about YumYum foods. Interesting.
Take your pick, your YumYum foods or your rights. Every time you buy a PepsiCo product you give money to those who want to take away your right to self defense.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

I'm too far out in the cholla for pizza delivery... but there's one... Papa Johns maybe... 'bout 18 miles east. There's always another 'choice'. These clowns want'a persist with this anti-gun crap in Arizona (of all places)... I'll patronize those who don't. No big stink about it. I don't like Pepsi anyway.