Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Brady Campaign Change

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    1,140

    Post imported post

    I little disturbed: for a while the brady campaign at least was "claiming" they were against "illegal ownership" and "violence."

    Now they seem to be targeting legal gun owners more and more? They aren't even arguing about violence anymore, but that guns are "mean looking."

    Thoughts?

  2. #2
    Regular Member altajava's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    228

    Post imported post

    It is nothing new. Remember the '94 AWB. The Brady Bunch was pushing that one so the fact that they want a new ban is no surprise. Also it has never been about criminals vs law abiding citizens to them. Theywant guns baned period.

  3. #3
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Greensboro, North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    1,052

    Post imported post

    altajava wrote:
    It is nothing new. Remember the '94 AWB. The Brady Bunch was pushing that one so the fact that they want a new ban is no surprise. Also it has never been about criminals vs law abiding citizens to them. TheyÂ*want guns baned period.Â*
    I'll agree there, that the the Brady Campaign and other organizations want a total ban. They seem to think that if no one had a gun (would they go as limiting police access as well?) we would have less violence across the board which is poppycock because recent EU studies show the opposite in Great Britain.

    The campaign has been targeting all types of groups, changing strategy as the political, statistical, and social situation changes. They can go after more than one goal at a time all to lead to their common goal. Go after communities with high crime rates and hawk the idea that if they vote for anti-gun legislation, that will somehow reduce crime/violence on their streets (which it will not), then they can go after other communities, or the whole country in general and hawk ideas of children playing with guns and being injured, or "no one needs an AK-47 to hunt", or why do you need that .50 BMG, or we should allow private sales at gun shows because it leaves no paper trail, or "sure people need guns to hunt, so lets make so that they can only have specific types of weapons to hunt such as long barreled - single action revolvers, and low capacity bolt-action rifles", etc, etc, etc

    There is a lot, and they've done their homework and they have a strategy for a total systems ban, and we can not allow that. It will ruin this country if they do.

  4. #4
    Regular Member Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Grennsboro NC
    Posts
    5,358

    Post imported post

    The "bigger picture" that most people are missing when it comes to ANY group that wants to control society is that they are ALL working toward the same goal--a global serfdom ruled by a tiny minority of totalitarian sociopaths...

    HCI, VPC, Goldman Sachs, The Rockefeller Foundation, the World Bank, The World Health Organization--for-profit or non profit, official government or NGO, they have all been working slowly and subtly to chip away at individual and national sovereignty for nearly 100 years, and they have become emboldened in their tactics for two reasons:

    1) they are SO close to their goal of total control that they can practically taste it. This is swelling the lust for power and control in their hearts, and their true sociopathic tendencies are taking control over their better judgement. They litterally can't help themselves, and are showing their true nature as they move in for the final kill, and

    2) We, the People, have seen through their ruse, and are waking up to the true evil they are perpatrating, and are starting to fight back. That scares them, and so they are DESPERATE to put in their "final solution" at all costs--even it if means moging too fast so that they "show their hand" as the end approaches.

    You've got to understant the depraved level of total sociopathy we're dealing with here. These aren't just limp-wristed passive agressive pacifists, or greedy corporate raiders, or even power-hungry poiticos. The people who are REALY making the calls behind these groups and policies are a tiny little percentage of the total population who honestly believe in their heart of hearts that they can harness the powers of science and medicine to give themselves eternal life, and therefore become Gods.

    The honestly believe that anyone else who can't afford the lifestyle they have is nothing more than "canon fodder" and "disposable labor". They don't see people like you and I as even being in the same species as they are. These people are, to quote the brilliant Chrisopher Walken, "some seriously sick Fxxx's"...

    So, of COURSE VPS is starting to show their hand as to the TRUE agenda behind their public image. What they (and every group liek them) is REALLY all about is disarming EVERYONE except the government, and doing everything in their power to ensure that anyone who isn't rich, white, and part of their "in crowd" is reduced to the modern equivalent of a serf...

    The mask is starting to slip off of groups like VPS. Will YOU recognize the demons when they finally show their TRUE faces? And will YOU call them out for what they REALLY are--racist, eugenicist, sociopathic control freaks who revel in the death and suffering of all those they see as their "lessers"...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    1,140

    Post imported post

    Dreamer, you are aware you are a complete nutcase, right? Crazy is good however, makes the rest of us question our beliefs.



  6. #6
    Regular Member okboomer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    1,164

    Post imported post

    Dreamer has a point ... listen to the meaning of the things folks like Soros and Bloomberg say ... we are NOT real people to them ... we are useful only as serfs and workers.
    cheers - okboomer
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Lead, follow, or get out of the way

    Exercising my 2A Rights does NOT make me a CRIMINAL! Infringing on the exercise of those rights makes YOU one!

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    1,140

    Post imported post

    I love people who question government, so I'm a fan of him, even though I think he's on the deep end. I don't think Goldman Sachs is looking to take over the world anymore than Walmart... well, let me rethink that one!

    Dream is thinking for himself, hopefully, and that's a good start in the right direction



  8. #8
    Regular Member rodbender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Navasota, Texas, USA
    Posts
    2,524

    Post imported post

    If we were to go to a straight socialist society, when the producers quit producing and the recipients have nowhere else to get the freebies that they are accustomed to, they will turn on the ruling class.

    Also, when the producers quit producing and the government runs out of stuff to give to the recipients, then they will simply confiscate all the wealth from Soros, Bloomberg, Turner, Gates and the like. This will turn the "rich" against the ruling class as well, for they will no longer be "rich".

    Karl Marx says in the Communist Manifesto that socialism cannot survive without capitalism. However, my theory is, whilethat is true, capitalismcan go on just fine without socialism.

    The only ones that win in socialismare the ruling class. At least for a while.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

  9. #9
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487

    Post imported post

    Pace wrote:
    I love people who question government, so I'm a fan of him, even though I think he's on the deep end. I don't think Goldman Sachs is looking to take over the world anymore than Walmart... well, let me rethink that one!

    Dream is thinking for himself, hopefully, and that's a good start in the right direction
    I'm of the same opinion. :P

    Dreamer has his heart in the right place, only some of his conclusions are just a little... unfounded.

    Ah well, as though any of us is innocent of this, right?

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    1,140

    Post imported post

    Yes, more power to him. I'm pretty sure that he's spouting what he heard elsewhere, but its a little more innovative than most people. That being said, its a bit on a Marxist/Socialist side.

    Also, I don't know a country where Socialism or Capitalism has existed. Is it possible that in some country a bunch of people could get together, and be socialist? Perhaps some small city-state, and more power to them. I've also never seen pure Capitalism in this country, but hope we are slowly going to move toward it with SCOTUS moving us in the right direction.

    To each their own, God bless

  11. #11
    Regular Member buster81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,461

    Post imported post

    I don't know that it's a real change for them. They are just becoming more transparent.

  12. #12
    Regular Member Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Grennsboro NC
    Posts
    5,358

    Post imported post

    Pace wrote:
    Yes, more power to him. I'm pretty sure that he's spouting what he heard elsewhere, but its a little more innovative than most people. That being said, its a bit on a Marxist/Socialist side.
    Pace,

    You are either completely illiterate when it comes to socio-economic terminology, or you are an agent provocateur, because I've NEVER posted ANYTHING that is remotely supportive of the Socialist or Marxist agendas.

    In fact, it's quite the opposite. I feel that the main problem with the West, and capitalistic societies is that they are allowing themselves to be subtly and slowly morphed into Socialist Tyrannies through a progressive program of Fabian Socialism...

    I hate all forms of tyranny. I especially despise the slow, sneaky, chiseling-away sort of "gradual Socialist revolution" that we are seeing here in the US and for the last 20 years or so in Western Europe.

    Do you even know what Socialism and Marxism are? Do you even know where the Socialist and Communist nations got their start? I doubt it.

    Go to a library and read something other than the blogs on Fox News's website. Go to the PRIMARY SOURCES, and as I say time and time again--follow the money.

    THe USSR was funded--starting with the Bolshevic Revolution, and continuing up until it took it's last gasping breaths in 1991--by private international banks in New York, Chicago, London, and Brussels. It was backed by additional contributions--in direct violation of the Logan Act and the Trade with the Enemies Act--during the Cold War by banks chaird by members of the Bush family, the Rockefeller family, the Rothschilds, and others of a similar ilk.

    Read the works of a fellow named Carroll Quigley. He was a a professor at the School of Foreign Service at Georgetown University, and was the official archivist for the CFR. He wrote a couple books called "The Anglo-American Establishment", and "Tragedy and Hope", which both document (from original source materials) just about everything I've posted. They are pretty dry, academic reads, and have thousands of cites and footnotes, but if you are interested in the REAL history of the West (rather than the Neo-Con revisionism you get on Fox, or the Pseudo-Marxist blehgle you get on CNN and MSNBC, or the dumbed-down utter fabrications you get in textbooks), then I recommend these books...

    I'm not anti-capitalist, I'm anti-fascist. Most of these crazy-wealthy families are NOT capitalists--they are fascist monopolists.

    Get your terms correct, read some REAL history, then we can talk.

    I'm not a "conspiracy theorist". I just outline the actions being taken in plain view by these evil SOBs. I find the term "conspiracy theorist" is being used more and more these days the way that the term "communist" was used during the McCarthey era. Anyone who aledges something that is contrary to the mass-media message, or the official government-issued reality is branded as a "conspiracy" these days. I find this term to be intellectually dishonest, obfuscatory, and intentionally loaded. It's current usage is not based in any sort of truth or fact--it is a LABEL being thrown on people to discredit them when they present documentable facts that cannot be refuted. It is an "ad homenim" attack, and is the last refuge of the scoundrel.

    Any time someone labels me a "conspiracy theorist" I take it as a srt of back-handed compliment, because it shows me what THEIR agenda REALLY is, and just vindicated my position. I pretty much just automatically dismiss people that make such allegations as either being completely brainwashed, or an agent provocateur. If you want some respect in these discussions, use some FACTS to back up your allegations...

    Again, I will throw down the gauntlet. Prove anything I've said above wrong. Prove it with reliable citations from primary sources. I dare you...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

  13. #13
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487

    Post imported post

    Dreamer wrote:
    Again, I will throw down the gauntlet. Prove anything I've said above wrong. Prove it with reliable citations from primary sources. I dare you...
    I could ask the same of you.

    Indeed, the challenge lies with you, asserting something with so little obvious evidence.

    I have no "agenda" in this regard, I simply haven't seen anything remotely convincing in this regard.

    Perhaps if you will be the one to show me verifiable, primary sources to this end, I might be persuaded.

    My mind is surely not closed to the possibility. I have simply seen nothing to suggest it has any validity. That in itself cannot be evidence of my inability or unwillingness to "see the forest for the trees", as it may be.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    1,140

    Post imported post

    You knee-jerk reactions are just as bad as those you criticize. Accusing people of being "brainwashed" or "agent provocateur" is just as bad.

    I actually support what you are doing, making people think -- but the problem is that you, just as those who "watch fox news" think that you see things clearly also. There is a lot of truth in what you say, but you fall into the same trap as everyone else -- you are like a blind man in a dark room looking for a gold coin. When you find a penny, you go "ah-hah, gold!"

    Among other things, a degree in religion, and political science, I am also a life-long member of the Libertarian Party and even challenge them, and their Executive Director on a weekly basis. Accusing me of drinking the coolaide would be ridiculous

    You know the "crazy" guys on the corner on boxes, spouting the world might be at an end? They might actually be right, but no one takes them seriously, because they are yelling, standing at the corner. Find a way to make your points without insults, attacks and defamation and you might do well.

    And I've never watched Fox News in my life, except when I was on it.

    Dreamer wrote:
    Pace wrote:
    Yes, more power to him. I'm pretty sure that he's spouting what he heard elsewhere, but its a little more innovative than most people. That being said, its a bit on a Marxist/Socialist side.
    Any time someone labels me a "conspiracy theorist" I take it as a srt of back-handed compliment, because it shows me what THEIR agenda REALLY is, and just vindicated my position. I pretty much just automatically dismiss people that make such allegations as either being completely brainwashed, or an agent provocateur. If you want some respect in these discussions, use some FACTS to back up your allegations...

    Again, I will throw down the gauntlet. Prove anything I've said above wrong. Prove it with reliable citations from primary sources. I dare you...

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    14

    Post imported post

    The Brady Campaign? I get email alerts from them just to keep an eye on what they're doing. I don't recall ever getting one that didn't have at last one outright lie in it. They can say their agenda is whatever they want. Their actions show their agenda is the banning of all firearms.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •