• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

BB gun VS .45acp

Landose_theghost

imported post

Well of course my trusty .45 would win the fight. But what I am reffering to is the fact that there are tons of "gangbangers" running around with those realistic looking BB guns(they take the Co2 screw off,and they either color the oarnge tip or break it off), and while I have never encountered one while carrying, I have had some punk try to take my wallet with one of those toys before. So considering that,I'm sure it's only a matter of time before some dumba5s kid tries to be "gangsta" and pulls one on somebody packing the real deal. Which raises the question: If the bb gun is pulled and the idiot behind the pellets acts asif it werereal (and I can't be sure it isn't), am I within my rights to plug this fool? or did I just reserve myself an8x10 room up state?

-Landose-

apierce918

imported post

common sense says you are fine, no different than how a cop would react if it was being done to them.

dont know if there is case law on this, but it "should" be clear cut

pkbites

imported post

Landose_theghost wrote:
Which raises the question: If the bb gun is pulled and the idiot behind the pellets acts asif it werereal (and I can't be sure it isn't), am I within my rights to plug this fool? or did I just reserve myself an8x10 room up state?
I am not a lawyer, this is not legal advice.

But like any self defense situation if you can articulate that you perceived a threat, and that you feared for your life, and that it was reasonable that you had to use deadly force, You should be able to stay out of prison. This does not mean you won't spend a schmidt load of money on attorney fees and civil lawsuits.

AaronS

imported post

Nothing with our laws is ever 100%. I can say that if I had a gun pointed at me or mine, I would do my best to end the threat as fast as I could. Two in the center mass...

BB gun, or real gun...? I guess I would find out AFTER I ended the problem, just like the cops would.