Thread: Suprised by the Map

Post imported post

I am a soldier in Texas, I was going through YouTube, looking for video about oathkeepers.org when I cam accross some videos about OC. That's of course how I found your website.

To say the least, I was shocked to see how un-gun friendly this state is. Especially due to our movements here to secure lost Liberty. Are there any steps being taken to rectify this problem? Other than electing Ms. Medina, that is?

Post imported post

We have to wait for the legislature to meet agan in 2011. They only meet in odd years for about 4 months, unless the Governor calls a special session. If Medina gets elected, I forsee a lot of special sessions in the cards.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

Post imported post

Welcome to Texas, FatIrishGuy.

You're right: the typical response to OC in other states is, "This isn't Texas, you know!"

And the irony is: of course not, because OC is illegal in Texas.

Where are you stationed? I have a son, daughter-in-law, nephew, and kid-from-across-the-street all at Hood. I spent a year there one summer, my ownself.

Post imported post

Yes'sir, Fort Hood is where I'm at. I am with the 1st Cavalry Division

Post imported post

Good on ya.

Son and DIL are both with 3rd ACR. Not sure about the nephew and kid-across-the-street.

Post imported post

Outstanding. 3rd ACR is a great unit... Your kids are in good hands.

Post imported post

Welcome to OCDO. Hopefully we can help you along your way...

Texas may be a bad place for folks interested in OC, but it could be worse--at least you're not in Maryland or Washington DC, or Chicago...

Welcome, and thank you for your service to our country!
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Post imported post

FatIrishGuy wrote:
    I'm a former 11 ACR trooper, and the Son was previously at NTC, where the Blackhorse is now the OPFOR unit. The current Hood garrison commander was one of my fellow Ironhorse lieutenants at Fulda: Bill Hill lead the U.S. Army's team to their first ever Böselager victory.

I'm a fan of the ACRs.

Post imported post

Very cool, I live in killeen too. Im an army contractor working in SatComs. Yall goin to the gun show tomorrow in south Austin?

Post imported post

KBCraig wrote:
    FatIrishGuy wrote:
    I'm a former 11 ACR trooper, and the Son was previously at NTC, where the Blackhorse is now the OPFOR unit. The current Hood garrison commander was one of my fellow Ironhorse lieutenants at Fulda: Bill Hill lead the U.S. Army's team to their first ever Böselager victory.

I'm a fan of the ACRs.
    If you aint Cav!!!

Sorry to be Johnny come lately here but just thought you guys wouldn't mind if another trooper reported for muster. I am a Fort Bliss 3d ACR M60 and M1A1 tanker. 87-90 2nd plt.Apache trp. Tiger Sqdn. I miss the Cav way of taking care of business. Just wanted to say Brave Rifles

Defensor out