• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Suprised by the Map

FatIrishGuy

imported post

I am a soldier in Texas, I was going through YouTube, looking for video about oathkeepers.org when I cam accross some videos about OC. That's of course how I found your website.

To say the least, I was shocked to see how un-gun friendly this state is. Especially due to our movements here to secure lost Liberty. Are there any steps being taken to rectify this problem? Other than electing Ms. Medina, that is?

rodbender

imported post

We have to wait for the legislature to meet agan in 2011. They only meet in odd years for about 4 months, unless the Governor calls a special session. If Medina gets elected, I forsee a lot of special sessions in the cards.

KBCraig

imported post

Welcome to Texas, FatIrishGuy.

You're right: the typical response to OC in other states is, "This isn't Texas, you know!"

And the irony is: of course not, because OC is illegal in Texas.

Where are you stationed? I have a son, daughter-in-law, nephew, and kid-from-across-the-street all at Hood. I spent a year there one summer, my ownself. ;)

Dreamer

imported post

Welcome to OCDO. Hopefully we can help you along your way...

Texas may be a bad place for folks interested in OC, but it could be worse--at least you're not in Maryland or Washington DC, or Chicago...

Welcome, and thank you for your service to our country!

KBCraig

imported post

FatIrishGuy wrote:
Outstanding. 3rd ACR is a great unit... Your kids are in good hands.
I'm a former 11 ACR trooper, and the Son was previously at NTC, where the Blackhorse is now the OPFOR unit. The current Hood garrison commander was one of my fellow Ironhorse lieutenants at Fulda: Bill Hill lead the U.S. Army's team to their first ever Böselager victory.

I'm a fan of the ACRs. :D

JustinJeep

imported post

Very cool, I live in killeen too. Im an army contractor working in SatComs. Yall goin to the gun show tomorrow in south Austin?

DEFENSOR

imported post

KBCraig wrote:
FatIrishGuy wrote:
Outstanding. 3rd ACR is a great unit... Your kids are in good hands.
I'm a former 11 ACR trooper, and the Son was previously at NTC, where the Blackhorse is now the OPFOR unit. The current Hood garrison commander was one of my fellow Ironhorse lieutenants at Fulda: Bill Hill lead the U.S. Army's team to their first ever Böselager victory.

I'm a fan of the ACRs. :D

If you aint Cav!!!

Sorry to be Johnny come lately here but just thought you guys wouldn't mind if another trooper reported for muster. I am a Fort Bliss 3d ACR M60 and M1A1 tanker. 87-90 2nd plt.Apache trp. Tiger Sqdn. I miss the Cav way of taking care of business. Just wanted to say Brave Rifles

Defensor out