• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Civilian/LEO training vs Military Training.

Civilian/LEO training VS. Military training

• Civilian/LEO

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Military

• Both

• Total voters

wardog6d

Banned
imported post

RSF wrote:
really what and where have you trained? and with whom.

Ill lay my list out

T1G(all current former DELTA And marine MEUSOC or RECON

Larry Vickers DELTA

10-8 SRT swat guys

Dave harrington Special forced and lead instructor at JFKwarfare center

there is my partial list i have about 5 more pages of that @#$% i can add in including the instructor schools as well.

I know the diffeance and the MINDSET and what i teach and have been taught

you arent really getting it. whom teaches retreating> and falling back vs forward agressive movement have you trained with me? have you know anyone that has?

really what stance? are different

since we teach more aggresive action than whatyou think you know you are way off judging without knowing again what is your training background and whom and when were.

Falling back/ aggressive movement left to right. Even non movement is a defensive posture.

Dropping names and unproven unriable personal training does nothing but corrupt your own training misleadings.

wardog6d

Banned
imported post

From my personal stand point I do not need to know or really care what training you think you may have or say that you have.

Proof is in the puddin. Puddin...

As for any training I may or may not have, I am not the type of person to gloat as this is not an interview. I do not see the need to provide individual training one may have recieved. However if your look to correct your personal training programs I am availablefor hire.

Michigander

imported post

RSF wrote:
B really how do you know your doing it right or it can be improved on and how does it work under stress and pressure i have alot of training and practice time yet i still go and do so ? glad your up to speed.
Who taught you? to teach him?
I agree with wardog. Dropping names and claimed skills really doesn't mean much.

The topic is about what kind of training people like. Not a bragging contest.

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

Wardog and Michigander,

I'd bet my life that he has forgotten more about self defense shooting then the three of us combined know.

Both of you would do VERY well if you closed your mouths and listened to RSF (Steve Fisher)

wardog6d

Banned
imported post

dougwg wrote:
Wardog and Michigander,

I'd bet my life that he has forgotten more about self defense shooting then the three of us combined.

Both of you would do VERY well if you closed your mouths and listened to RSF (Steve Fisher)
Cool thanks for the advice. Your opinion is noted. Just wondering are the flashlights mounted on the glocks considered by this trainer as life saving devices?

mikestilly

imported post

I was reading this thread and wow has it been derailed.

I don't require training for jumping out of a chopper in to combat. I'd be more interested in civilian self defense. Even though combat training I feel would be fun it's something I'd probably never use.

wardog6d

Banned
imported post

mikestilly wrote:
I was reading this thread and wow has it been derailed.

As for me I dont care how military trained someone is I don't require training for jumping out of a chopper in to combat. I'd be more interested in civilian self defense. Even though combat training I feel would be fun it's something I'd probably never use.
HAHA As with All threads Mike. Hope the rope dont break...Thanks for your input.

RSF

imported post

The point was is that no matter what or whom I have trained with or what there background was/is it has been all based on the same techniques and practices

so much for open minds and yes a light on the end of several weapons systems can be life saving if used properly or it can hurt you again depends on your ACTUAL PROPERTRAINING IN its use.

sure thing wardog let me know what range and when and were and what your current rates are and the Cof and course outline will be

As for my laying out some of whom i have trained under well its like going to a doctor or a lawyer,

I take it you havenon as it seams attacks or jealous attiudes of ones ablity to go and do so its cool no sweat...

Goodbye

wardog6d

Banned
imported post

RSF wrote:
The point was is that no matter what or whom I have trained with or what there background was/is it has been all based on the same techniques and practices

so much for open minds and yes a light on the end of several weapons systems can be life saving if used properly or it can hurt you again depends on your ACTUAL PROPERTRAINING IN its use.

sure thing wardog let me know what range and when and were and what your current rates are and the Cof and course outline will be

As for my laying out some of whom i have trained under well its like going to a doctor or a lawyer,

I take it you havenon as it seams attacks or jealous attiudes of ones ablity to go and do so its cool no sweat...

Goodbye

Thanks for all your input. Not sure where the personal attacks issue come from but I am more then open minded and more then willing to accept any and alladvice. My post'sareof my own opinion as to what "I see" from most CPL trainers. If you do not fit in the "Most" category I applaud you. All I wanted to know is what people prefer in regards to firearms training. Civilian or Military based training. I do not wish nor intendto flame anyone as it is useless and totally unproductive. As many within the forum know I say whats on my mind. If I am incorrect I will never admit it..LOL

You state something in regards to jealous attitude and etc. Personaly Ido not know you and have never heard your name before today. Never intended on offending you or anyone else within this forum. If I did somehow offend you my apologize's as it was not intentional.

If you disagree with my comments, Cool as Isaid I amjust stating what I have noticed within the CPL training sector and so-called advanced training classes.

One final comment I must address. I have gone and done in real world as with many other veterans. In various theatres through out the world. I do not pretend nor state I have some obseen amount of civilian training however I have had some training from a civilian stand point, from LEO's and of course the military. I do not wish to air my laundry as others through publicinternet forums do to a personal commitment to myself and mybrothers in arms.

autosurgeon

imported post

RSF IE Steve is the real deal.... however sometimes I think he forgets that not everyone knows him :)

And as a result when he posts he comes off as a cocky know it all. He also doesn't know you so he likely should have given you the benefit of the doubt before posting.

Unfortunately it seems that lately many in the firearms community have forgotten that many of us are Type A personalities and that we need to watch it BC we tend to strike sparks off of each other and that is not productive.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Steve knows what he is talking about. Until yesterday Steve was going to do a 4 hour shooting course and give a large percentage to MOC, Inc. He has since changed his mind. that has cost MOC, Inc. about $700 that could have been used to help protect our OC rights. Well done.

So lets stop the personal attacks and discuss things like adults....decent adults. Lets treat people with respect even if we don't know them or disagree with their comments.

mikestilly

imported post

I thought this thread was a discussion about military training vs defensive/civilian training. Im very confused how this thread is now a shooting course? Why would someone who's willing to donate their efforts be derailed by peoples comments pertaining to the topic which has nothing to do with the course being offered really? I dont know who Steve is or where the training course was offered. I definitely didnt see any thread out there. I'm not quite sure why people even take internet comments so seriously. This is a public forum where any tom/dick/harry can sign up for free and rail someone to death. Just look at the cop on the other thread. People need to understand that in "internet land" on a forum with absolutely no moderation you're going to get every response known to man including rude and obnoxious ones. This forum isnt owned by MOC so why should MOC be held responsible for the posts on here.
(hopefully this will be resolved shortly :) if you know what I mean)

G

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
limited civilian training(for now)

and if all goes well,which im hoping it does,military training by the end of 2010
What are you waiting for?

G

imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
lil_freak_66 wrote:
limited civilian training(for now)

and if all goes well,which im hoping it does,military training by the end of 2010
What are you waiting for?
IDK about him, but I'm waiting for money and time. lol
Military training is free (sort of... you have to write a check made payable to the United States of America in the amount of "Up to and including my life") and comes with many perks.

Once enrolled for the training, you'll find you have all the time required. You won't even need to do any planning or scheduling at all. It's all done for you as part of the training program.

So what ya waiting for lil_freak?

An excuse not to follow through?