• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First OC

blackjacket2000

imported post

Got home from work and realized we had no coffee. So took the the dog aka German shepard alarm system and went to Fred meyers in federal way. Walked in and I didn't even see a single stare the ten minutes I was in there. Now that I broke the ice I plan on OCing a lot more. I was carrying an xd9 service model in a serpa holster and it felt good getting it over with. Thanks to everyone for giving me the courage to take that first step

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

blackjacket2000 wrote:
Got home from work and realized we had no coffee. So took the the dog aka German shepard alarm system and went to Fred meyers in federal way. Walked in and I didn't even see a single stare the ten minutes I was in there. Now that I broke the ice I plan on OCing a lot more. I was carrying an xd9 service model in a serpa holster and it felt good getting it over with. Thanks to everyone for giving me the courage to take that first step
Excellent, I am actually headed to the FM in Twin Lakes now as I type this out. You will discover 95-99% never even notice.

blackjacket2000

imported post

Stretch wrote:
Congrats on your 1st carry.  Did mine yesterday, and it was a very positive experience.

it was very positive. To get over any hurdle in life big or small is positive. I plan on doing it quite a bit more now and the nerves will probably go away after a couple more times

Hammer

imported post

The more often you carry, the less nervous you will be.
I suggest you always remain situationally aware
Not nervous
Just on your guard at all times.
You and those you carry to protect will be glad you did.

Aryk45XD

imported post

If you have not already, print out a couple Washington Gun Rights Pamphlets and keep them with you at all times. It gave me some assurance when I had my first bad confrontation. The worse thing about that was that I was notified security was called and on their way. (They never showed). I merely stated my right and gave them a pamphlet which they made a copy of and told me they would look into it.
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/attachment.php?id=8210

blackjacket2000

imported post

Aryk45XD wrote:
If you have not already, print out a couple Washington Gun Rights Pamphlets and keep them with you at all times. It gave me some assurance when I had my first bad confrontation. The worse thing about that was that I was notified security was called and on their way. (They never showed). I merely stated my right and gave them a pamphlet which they made a copy of and told me they would look into it.
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/attachment.php?id=8210

good words of wisdom guys thanks.