• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

GB/Fox Valley OC walk?

Landose_theghost

imported post

I think it's time we let our great politicians know that we're still here and we are NOT going anywhere. I say wekeep the pressure on em' as it seems they think we're allrejoicingat the anouncement of this CCW bill.

We should 1stly get a set route that doesn't walk us into a GFSZ (<-------Intercepter,I'm calling you on that one, ur a wiz with these things!). And 2ndly, WE NEED to make signs that say to the effect of "NO Permits, NO infringment! or somthing to that effect. If we can get Enuff people to walk with us I think they will see that were not going for anything less than carry as the constituion allows!

Now I am thinking we should do this very,very soon here (less than a month) and I will be able to provide Hot cocoa/coffee and wut not, as i'm sure alot others can help out aswell, maybe we might make this an all day event with the "after party" for lack of better terms at a place in the GB/FV area aswell? (Glock34 not sure how you'd feel hosting at your house again?) Eitherway, we got to do somthing to keep the pressure on. So lets get some Ideas moving on this one.

BTW-if this thread gets to cluttered or if you want to get in touch faster, feel free to PM and I'll send you my Phone #.

-Landose-

anmut

imported post

I'm down to make the drive over there.

Not to draw this thread off topic, but I was wondering about a rally IN the state capital where we are holstered with wood L-shaped black painted fakes, just to make the point that while we respect the current laws, we aren't afraid to come down and make our presence known. Especially with a possible BS bill on CC coming up.

AaronS

imported post

anmut wrote:

Not to draw this thread off topic, but I was wondering about a rally IN the state capital where we are holstered with wood L-shaped black painted fakes, just to make the point that while we respect the current laws, we aren't afraid to come down and make our presence known. Especially with a possible BS bill on CC coming up.

The carry of a "fake" gun is against the law. Real guns must be used.

Now, if Glock34 does "haveus over again", I would have to make the drive up. I missed his last one, and still feel bad about it, and would very much like to shake his hand.

Landose_theghost

imported post

I think this event would pack a huge punch if we can time this for March 2nd, this is the same dayas the Mcdonald v. Chicago case arguments. and Maybe people will see that the times of Fcuking around with law abiding gun owners is O-V-E-R. Eitherway, this isn't an "if" it's a "when" and then timing couldn't be any more perfect to make our move.

But as I stated above, I am all in(along with the wife and 2 others), anybody else chime on in,and chime on in fast as the 2nd is fast aproaching, and I know this is short notice guys, but just remember that our fight knows no season, nor time of day. We must ALL stand together to make this happen.

-Landose-

PS>I know its cold out guys, but we have to stand strong in any weather, in any type of situation, and afterall, if we don't stand for our rights who will?

-***So far we've got a total of5 ppl- Let's get this number moving up!

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

anmut wrote:

"BS bill on CC."

This is the second reference to some sort of CC bill. Please site your source. Without a source, it's a rumor and we shouldn't be spreading rumors.

Landose_theghost

imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
anmut wrote:

"BS bill on CC."

This is the second reference to some sort of CC bill. Please site your source. Without a source, it's a rumor and we shouldn't be spreading rumors.
Bill or not, it is still no doubt that they are considering this as per the MJS article. And besides, there's no harm being done byshowing them how we feel about this proposed CCW legislation is there?

So are you in sir?

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I walk my dog 2 miles a day when it's nice around my home, I live over by the Ashwaubenon Industrial area, which boarders Ashwaubenon & DePere mostly Businesses / factories around here, NO SCHOOLS near by. maybe plan a route around my area, Park View, Holmgren road, Glory road, Ridge road, Spirit road, etc. You could walk for 5- 8 miles around here, if it was mapped out right. Maybe make it a "charitable walk" and give the proceeds to ?? The - Humane Society , Pauls Pantry etc, etc, etc, etc....pick a charity. everyone that walks makes a donation / get's sponsors.

a few calls are made to the local media prior to the walk. then it's OC walking for a cause. Not solely OC awareness.

Just an idea, but if we give back to the community..it makes US look really GOOD !

Tuesday, March 2nd ?:? the numbers we are looking to hit on this walk, won't happen during the week. people are working, sleeping,working, etc. Weekends are a lot better if you want more people showing up. Just saying.

I would recommend holding off until April ish , little warmer, you will get more people & it allows more time to get the word out, for something like this you want at least , minimum 100 people, otherwise to the media , we are just a little fringe group.

PS........ the after party / warm up.. at my place is a no go, my Duplex is too small, outdoor events in the back yard are fine because i have a HUGE back yard.

Landose_theghost

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
You could walk for 5- 8 miles around here, if it was mapped out right. Maybe make it a "charitable walk" and give the proceeds to ?? The - Humane Society , Pauls Pantry etc, etc, etc, etc....pick a charity. everyone that walks makes a donation / get's sponsors.
I like that idea, now as for what charity I'm not sure. Ideas anyone? Also I aggree that the 2nd is in the middle of the week,and therefore ash*t date to do this,Glock34 would u be willing to host the AP if it is in April-ish??? If not, i'm sure we could do our classic standby Ted Fritch park?:?

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

Landose_theghost wrote:
I know its cold out guys, but we have to stand strong in any weather, in any type of situation, and afterall, if we don't stand for our rights who will?

The colder, the better!!!!

It would make a statement.

Carry On & Carry Always!

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Landose_theghost wrote:
So are you in sir?
Unfortunately I cannot make it to the East cost on a week day. In addition to work, I am teaching Hunter Education that day as well.

This is definitely a GREAT idea, it would also make a good membership drive event for Wisconsin Carry.

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

Landose_theghost wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
You could walk for 5- 8 miles around here, if it was mapped out right. Maybe make it a "charitable walk" and give the proceeds to ?? The - Humane Society , Pauls Pantry etc, etc, etc, etc....pick a charity. everyone that walks makes a donation / get's sponsors.
I like that idea, now as for what charity I'm not sure. Ideas anyone? Also I aggree that the 2nd is in the middle of the week,and therefore ash*t date to do this,Glock34 would u be willing to host the AP if it is in April-ish??? If not, i'm sure we could do our classic standby Ted Fritch park?:?
Heres my suggestion. A shelter for abused women. My greastest passion for a CCW law is for the women to have the power to stop the crimes against them. Let the media spin that.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Landose_theghost wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
Too messy in April, my floors will be trashed. Summer is a little different.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

BROKENSPROKET wrote:
Landose_theghost wrote:
I know its cold out guys, but we have to stand strong in any weather, in any type of situation, and afterall, if we don't stand for our rights who will?

The colder, the better!!!!

It would make a statement.

Carry On & Carry Always!
yea :?, that's why NO one organizes a charity / Awareness type walk event in the winter. Because you get low to no numbers for your event. April at the earliest, in my opinion. You don't see the March of Dimes planning their big walk in the winter do you ? NO. Why ? because they WANT people to show up.

Landose_theghost

imported post

Well now here's a thought, March 2nd doesn't have to be just GB local, we can have a series of OC walks thru-out WI on the same day. Cold or not, we need to have local organizers getting members to walk with them in their local communities. And honestly, Glock34 hada good Idea with the whole "For Charities" thing, but it doesn't neccasarily have to be for "charity".

I've been thinking this over and it has to go down on the 2nd, just to prove a point. We NEED to have picket signs stating CCW facts,OC.org promotional msgs,Gadsen Flags...etc. The fact that it is cold outside WILL let people know that rain or shine,snow or cold, we will fight for our rights whenever/wherever the call is made.

That said, this is going to need a LOT of organizers for our local "chapters" so to speak, I'll take the reigns for GB/FV, anybody else for other parts of WI,please chime in as we will all need to act as one entity to make our stand. Even if it's just 3-4 ppl per county/area we WILL be heard. Not to mention, that we can still follow up thru the rest of the year with other events, Which honestly 2010 should and must be a big year for us as it seems the lawmakers don't take time off, then niether should we. Lets make this happen, and to hell with the cold,were from WI for cryin our loud!

-Landose-

KansasKraut

imported post

Landose_theghost wrote:
Well now here's a thought, March 2nd doesn't have to be just GB local, we can have a series of OC walks thru-out WI on the same day. Cold or not, we need to have local organizers getting members to walk with them in their local communities. And honestly, Glock34 hada good Idea with the whole "For Charities" thing, but it doesn't neccasarily have to be for "charity".

I've been thinking this over and it has to go down on the 2nd, just to prove a point. We NEED to have picket signs stating CCW facts,OC.org promotional msgs,Gadsen Flags...etc. The fact that it is cold outside WILL let people know that rain or shine,snow or cold, we will fight for our rights whenever/wherever the call is made.

That said, this is going to need a LOT of organizers for our local "chapters" so to speak, I'll take the reigns for GB/FV, anybody else for other parts of WI,please chime in as we will all need to act as one entity to make our stand. Even if it's just 3-4 ppl per county/area we WILL be heard. Not to mention, that we can still follow up thru the rest of the year with other events, Which honestly 2010 should and must be a big year for us as it seems the lawmakers don't take time off, then niether should we. Lets make this happen, and to hell with the cold,were from WI for cryin our loud!

-Landose-
I agree completely. If we set a date far enough in advance, we can get all kinds of people from all over the state to come. If its gonna be a major-type event, I'd be happy to ferry people from Madison and its environs up to wherever.

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

I would not be available for a march on the 2nd. I am working from sunrise to after sunset, so I will not be able to attend anything during daylight hours.

3 people walking around with signs can happen any day of the week. There are plenty of high traffic areas in Green Bay and other cities where this could be done on a regular basis and avoid any GFSZ. I have some ideas for the Green Bay area this year, but I will not be posting them for the public to view until plans are more solid.

We should be avoiding event threads with bickering. Members of the Green Bay City Council tried to use our words against us during the September 2nd 2009 Council Meeting where the proposed parks and greenways ban was discussed.

Any official event thread should be for notification purposes and to look for interested parties. The actual planning should be in E-mails, PMs, phone calls, etc. Breakfast or lunch meetings are definitely called for.