• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

open carry in chesapeake va

Gi45guy

imported post

someone said you cannot oc with a loaded gun in chesapeake, is this true.

t33j

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
No. Unless someone knows something otherwise, this was put to bed by preemption rulings.
This.

I think Chesapeake is one of the cities listed where you need a CHP to carry a rifle with more than 30 rounds. Lemme check...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Welcome to OCDO Gi45guy

Open carry (OC) of a holstered handgun is legal in Virginia without a license if one is not otherwise restricted: felon, under 18 years old, etc.
§ 18.2-308. Code of Virginia

Yata hey