• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Seattle Mayor wants legislature to give up its authority...to him!!!

heresolong

imported post

Dave Workman wrote:
Well, let's not do a bunch of speculating here.

Let's stick to what we actually know, and can document.
http://www.publicola.net/2010/02/03/mcginn-advisor-misrepresented-his-educational-background/

Bushnell was convicted of fraud in 1995 (a felony conviction) and misrepresented his educational background (felony if I remember correctly based on recent law passed by legislature).

There is no evidence that the mayor knew about it but it doesn't show great judgment on the mayor's part.

amlevin

imported post

Dave Workman wrote:
amlevin wrote:
These Mayors forget the reason behind RCW 9.41.290. It was enacted so there would not be a different law in every City or County of the State. Seems like this is just exactly what the Mayors are arguing for, different rules for them regardless of the rest of the State.

Mayor McGinn is an example of the old saying "People elect the government they deserve". Seattle deserves dumbasses like him.

Yeah, well the rest of us don't, and that's essentially what we'd have if this POS New Yawker convinces the Legislature to hand over its authority to him.

Your comment might just be the inspiration for my next Examiner column. Don't worry, there will be a bad guy, and you ain't him.

;)
Don't worry Dave, I'm all growed up and besides, I live outside Seattle. I only have to deal with morons LIKE him, not the original model.

Bob Warden

imported post

McGinn's response is exactly why my constitutional claimsneed togo forward in federal court. Currently, state law COULD be changed to allow locals to take away our right to bear arms. If my claims prevail, it would take constitutional amendments (plural) to do that:exclaim:

Bob Warden