Thread: Quick Introduction

Post imported post

Hello All...Thanks for the invitation to what looks to be a very friendly and enthusiastic group of members enjoying, and gaining the benefit of what this Forum has to offer. I have only lurked here briefly, and found this place to be well worth the investment of a membership. So here I am...

Little bit about myself; I am a Novice enthusiast in the Firearms world, and open minded to ingest ideals, as well as ideas. A Husband/Father for the second time with "6" children between myself and my Wife Jennifer. Skilled Trades in the manufacturing business is what I do. Everything outdoors is what I enjoy. Another pastime is strumming some notes on my Taylor 12 string.

I look forward to browsing the Forums and learning, as well as sharing where I think I can.

Thanks again...

Kind Regards,Mark Landen

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Welcome to OCDO - mostly good folks here and a lot of sharing. You just gotta learn to separate the wheat from the chaff.

We may be proponents of OC, but we don't care how you carry - just do so responsibly.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Welcome to OCDO mlanden.

Just remember that anything you type on these forums can and will be used agaisnt you by the Dept of HLS.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Welcome aboard! Please do jump right in and contribute. I see you mentioned that you are a novice to the gun culture. You will learn much. from some very knowledgeable people here, so ask away. We pleased to have you.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

Welcome. Read the rules and remember this; If it's off topic, someone will remind you of the rules quickly, and probably in a very rude way. HMMM.....Now who is it that does that, I just can't remember.....Oh, yeah I remember now.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

Post imported post

Welcome. With the Ruger emblem, you're starting out on the right foot! People have strong opinions here, and differences of opinion are often "strongly" stated. But, the vast majority have the right common ground: protection of our rights. Enjoy the forum and learn from it--don't hesitate to state your opinions, either. That too is a right we value.
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

rodbender wrote:
    Welcome. Read the rules and remember this; If it's off topic, someone will remind you of the rules quickly, and probably in a very rude way. HMMM.....Now who is it that does that, I just can't remember.....Oh, yeah I remember now.
    Opinions are like a--holes, everybody has at least one of each..............including this poster. :P

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    Opinions are like a--holes, everybody has at least one of each...
    The challenge is, the problem is telling which is which.