Thread: Project Wilderness Cleanups

Post imported post

To introduce you to Project Wilderness we are a non-profit based in Oregon which travel all over Oregon & Washington to preform public land cleanups & habitat restoration.

One of our cleanups was talked about in the Washington forum a few months back. We cleaned up the "Triangle Gravel Pit" in the Capitol State Forest near Olympia, WA.

We're looking for input on cleanup locations for the up coming months. Please let us know where the public areas in need of assistance are! Locations can be anywhere in Oregon or Washington. Pictures and detailed location information is very helpful!

----
    www.projectwilderness.org

Post imported post

Wow, great stuff.

We do something similar with trail cleanup and restoration for some of our state parks. My own unit puts this on for a day, once a year. It would be nice to do such things more often, and perhaps get a combined effort a few times a year.

Thanks for your efforts!

Post imported post

SeattleGuns.Net is having a shoot on the 27th at the pit, I believe it's gonna be a cleanup effort as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by SayWhat View Post

Shooters before hooters.

Post imported post

ProjectWilderness wrote:
    To introduce you to Project Wilderness we are a non-profit based in Oregon which travel all over Oregon & Washington to preform public land cleanups & habitat restoration.

One of our cleanups was talked about in the Washington forum a few months back. We cleaned up the "Triangle Gravel Pit" in the Capitol State Forest near Olympia, WA.

We're looking for input on cleanup locations for the up coming months. Please let us know where the public areas in need of assistance are! Locations can be anywhere in Oregon or Washington. Pictures and detailed location information is very helpful!

----
    http://www.projectwilderness.org
    Here's a clean up for you.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/36127.html
    Im proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

Post imported post

jbone wrote:
    ProjectWilderness wrote:

----
    http://www.projectwilderness.org
    Here's a clean up for you.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/36127.html
    Thanks jbone! I an still looking for way more folks to respond to this one. Looking great so far though. Got about ten Pm's so far.
    I am the person responsible for myself, my wife and my son. I take that VERY seriously.

Post imported post

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll look into both and follow-up.

Post imported post

Ya know i think its great that everyone wants to help clean up yet we sponsor a chunk of I-5 yet i dont see people running out there to help pickup??????

And yes i know the I-5 Cleanup is suspended but we have had that spot for over a year and i would think being how the sign on I-5 says we claimed it WE should be the ones cleaning it up and not just the usual 3-5 people who show up....

So before you go running off to clean up parts of the state that we dont sponsor maybe you should pay your dues to what we as a group voted to clean up.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

I will definitely help ya if you drive up here and pick my a$$ up.
    The highway cleanup is the first post I read on this forum for our state and have wanted to participate since then. Just so damn far for me but I promise someday sometime I will help.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

I'm m1Gunr and I support this cleanup.........

Post imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
    I'm m1Gunr and I support this cleanup.........*
    Which one is that?
    I am the person responsible for myself, my wife and my son. I take that VERY seriously.

Post imported post

tyguy808 wrote:
    M1Gunr wrote:
    I'm m1Gunr and I support this cleanup.........
    Which one is that?
    any of them...

Post imported post

Cleaning China Hat Road in the Deschutes National Forest this saturday 4/24. Hope to see some of you out there, can sure use all the help possible. The NF mapped out some dumped areas that include a hottub, old couch and a variety of other items. Lets get these off our hunting and shooting grounds!!

meeting at the Lost Track Golf Club at 9:30am.

Feel free to call. 503-484-6292

Post imported post

Cleaning China Hat Road in the Deschutes National Forest this saturday 4/24. Hope to see some of you out there, can sure use all the help possible
    Sorry to say but you are a little late in asking for folks......

Second Amendment Rally in Olympia Apr 24th
    WAC gun show Apr 24th

Post imported post

Wow, yea....talk about your bad date choices. :?

Post imported post

Removed 1 hottub, 6 couches, 1 stove, 1 washer & drier, 1 bbq grill, 1 vehicle seat, and lots and lots of household garbage;

One of many pictures;

Post imported post

I’ll bet “C Post” needs a good cleaning.

Take 530 out of Arlington (crossing Stillaguamish river the 1st time) towards Darrington:

· Pass Trafton Elementary School Jim ( passing Jim Creek RD)

· Pass Ramstad Rd on the left (maybe half way point).

· Continue past Oso (maybe ¾ mark?).

· Continue past Oso towards Darrington, watch for Whitman Rd then Steelhead Dr on the left.

· Once you pass Steelhead Dr. be on the lookout for C Post Rd coming up shortly on the left.

· Reminder! Once you have crossed the Stillaguamish the 3rd time you are getting close to Whitman Rd.

Once on C post you will cross the river again (4th time), drive to the “T” in the Rd and hang a left, continue moving on the main logging road upward. There are several off shoots; I’ve never been on them. You won’t miss the bit pit on the right as you get up a ways.

This should give some basics for a map search.
    Im proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.