• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Project Wilderness Cleanups

ProjectWilderness

imported post

To introduce you to Project Wilderness we are a non-profit based in Oregon which travel all over Oregon & Washington to preform public land cleanups & habitat restoration.

One of our cleanups was talked about in the Washington forum a few months back. We cleaned up the "Triangle Gravel Pit" in the Capitol State Forest near Olympia, WA.

We're looking for input on cleanup locations for the up coming months. Please let us know where the public areas in need of assistance are! Locations can be anywhere in Oregon or Washington. Pictures and detailed location information is very helpful!

----
www.projectwilderness.org

FMCDH

imported post

Wow, great stuff.

We do something similar with trail cleanup and restoration for some of our state parks. My own unit puts this on for a day, once a year. It would be nice to do such things more often, and perhaps get a combined effort a few times a year.

Thanks for your efforts! :)

.45ACPaddy

imported post

SeattleGuns.Net is having a shoot on the 27th at the pit, I believe it's gonna be a cleanup effort as well.

jbone

imported post

ProjectWilderness wrote:
To introduce you to Project Wilderness we are a non-profit based in Oregon which travel all over Oregon & Washington to preform public land cleanups & habitat restoration.

One of our cleanups was talked about in the Washington forum a few months back. We cleaned up the "Triangle Gravel Pit" in the Capitol State Forest near Olympia, WA.

We're looking for input on cleanup locations for the up coming months. Please let us know where the public areas in need of assistance are! Locations can be anywhere in Oregon or Washington. Pictures and detailed location information is very helpful!

----
http://www.projectwilderness.org

Here's a clean up for you.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/36127.html

tyguy808

imported post

jbone wrote:
ProjectWilderness wrote:

----
http://www.projectwilderness.org

Here's a clean up for you.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/36127.html

Thanks jbone! I an still looking for way more folks to respond to this one. Looking great so far though. Got about ten Pm's so far.

jarhead1911A

imported post

Ya know i think its great that everyone wants to help clean up yet we sponsor a chunk of I-5 yet i dont see people running out there to help pickup??????:cuss:

And yes i know the I-5 Cleanup is suspended but we have had that spot for over a year and i would think being how the sign on I-5 says we claimed it WE should be the ones cleaning it up and not just the usual 3-5 people who show up....

So before you go running off to clean up parts of the state that we dont sponsor maybe you should pay your dues to what we as a group voted to clean up.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

I will definitely help ya if you drive up here and pick my a$$ up.
The highway cleanup is the first post I read on this forum for our state and have wanted to participate since then. Just so damn far for me but I promise someday sometime I will help.

ProjectWilderness

imported post

Cleaning China Hat Road in the Deschutes National Forest this saturday 4/24. Hope to see some of you out there, can sure use all the help possible. The NF mapped out some dumped areas that include a hottub, old couch and a variety of other items. Lets get these off our hunting and shooting grounds!!

meeting at the Lost Track Golf Club at 9:30am.

Feel free to call. 503-484-6292

27184_420243900218_130158330218_5765342_346072_n.jpg

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Cleaning China Hat Road in the Deschutes National Forest this saturday 4/24. Hope to see some of you out there, can sure use all the help possible
Sorry to say but you are a little late in asking for folks......

Second Amendment Rally in Olympia Apr 24th
WAC gun show Apr 24th

ProjectWilderness

imported post

Removed 1 hottub, 6 couches, 1 stove, 1 washer & drier, 1 bbq grill, 1 vehicle seat, and lots and lots of household garbage;

One of many pictures;
25843_420779395218_130158330218_5780182_3089695_n.jpg

jbone

imported post

I’ll bet “C Post” needs a good cleaning.

Take 530 out of Arlington (crossing Stillaguamish river the 1st time) towards Darrington:

· Pass Trafton Elementary School Jim ( passing Jim Creek RD)

· Pass Ramstad Rd on the left (maybe half way point).

· Continue past Oso (maybe ¾ mark?).

· Continue past Oso towards Darrington, watch for Whitman Rd then Steelhead Dr on the left.

· Once you pass Steelhead Dr. be on the lookout for C Post Rd coming up shortly on the left.

· Reminder! Once you have crossed the Stillaguamish the 3rd time you are getting close to Whitman Rd.

Once on C post you will cross the river again (4th time), drive to the “T” in the Rd and hang a left, continue moving on the main logging road upward. There are several off shoots; I’ve never been on them. You won’t miss the bit pit on the right as you get up a ways.

This should give some basics for a map search.