• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

East Palo Alto Califronia protest

East Palo Alto UOC protest rally.

• Yes I will attend

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I can't attend

• Prefer weekday

• Prefer weekend

• Either okay

• Will UOC if legal

• Won't UOC

• Will Car pool

• Will help coordinate

• Will subsidize unemployed to attend

• Total voters

nicki

imported post

Greetings.

I guess I'm a Janey come lately, you guys have been doing the walk, I, like many others have been standing down until post incorporation.

San Mateo Sheriff Munk dissed Open carry a month ago, recently a certain East Palo Alto Police detective posted he would like to "prone us out".

UOC is more than 2nd amendment, it is a exercise in our 1st amendment right of political expression.

So far we have been publically dissed by our "government servants" in San Mateo at least twice. The Calguns foundation sent a very strong letter with very reasonable demands for redress.

I expect that the letter will be ignored.:what:

Non response to that letter is the chief of police effectively kicking us in the balls.

This incident has gone viral across the country, if we want others to take action, we need more than just a few people to show up.

Assuming we will not be in any "Gun Free Zones", I propose we have a UOC protest mid week at EPA city hall and that we invite the press. I floatedthis proposal over at Calguns and seeing what kind of response will happen.

This is something that should be done within the next 2 to 3 weeks.

If this is something you agree with and want to get involved with, drop me a e mail at nickistallard@yahoo.com

brad9point0

imported post

Im free Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat and Sun. Anyone needing to carpool from East Contra Costa let me know! I have room for at least 3 more if not 4.

nicki

imported post

Not much of a story,

I basically live between SF Bay area and Fresno although I have official residence in Fresno. One kid there, one up in UC Davis, so I'm all over the place so to speak.

So I'm running the San Jose Pink Pistols, it is a once a month deal. Most people want to stay private, me, I'm a political activists.

I opened my mouth, said I would speak for the Pink Pistols at the SAF GRPCs and basically I have ended up doing occassional speaking for the Pink Pistols.

Nicki

dirtykoala

imported post

Why do "the pink pistols" want to stay private? I was just thinking the other day that I should contact the group and see if some of them would be interested in coming to some uoc meets.

nicki

imported post

So far we are having a very good response. On the Calguns board so far 22 people have answered yes to a similar poll.

To be honest, we had more naysayers, but do I have to say more.

If people keep to their word and if we can do outreach on other issues, we have the potential of having a respectable showing at EPA.

We know how the press will report, overall I think the previous television reports were about as balanced as we can expect in the bay area.

This is a fight for more than just gun rights, it is a fight to restore the premise that the government trully operates to protect our rights and they operate with our consent which can be revoked if they fail to honor their oaths of office.

Nicki

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

nicki wrote:
So far we are having a very good response. On the Calguns board so far 22 people have answered yes to a similar poll.

To be honest, we had more naysayers, but do I have to say more.

If people keep to their word and if we can do outreach on other issues, we have the potential of having a respectable showing at EPA.

We know how the press will report, overall I think the previous television reports were about as balanced as we can expect in the bay area.

This is a fight for more than just gun rights, it is a fight to restore the premise that the government trully operates to protect our rights and they operate with our consent which can be revoked if they fail to honor their oaths of office.

Nicki

Last I checked the naysayers on Calguns outnumbered pros 2 to 1. That fact notwithstanding, I doubt that there would be any difficulty to get 50 armed people to participate (100 would be better), which would be formidable with each lined up a pace aparton the sidewalk.

If you want solid poll results- ask for them to RSVP for event details, and exclude members that are a month old or under 50 posts.

ChuckBooty

imported post

I will be there (as soon as a date is figured out and provided I have no scheduling conflicts) but am REALLY on the fence on UOC'ing. On the ONE HAND...i don't see this as a UOC issue. I know that the he was responding to the UOC issue, but I think all that did was expose the type of officer that this douche bag is (hopefully WAS at some point).

BUT...on the other hand...I have never actually UOC'ed before. For personal reasons (mostly I don't want to be "proned out" in front of my children and I rarely go anywhere without them) and I think that this would be the perfect time to bust my UOC cherry. Especially because I had a part early on in spreading the word about this guy. I'll play it by ear.....:celebrate

nicki

imported post

Why do "the pink pistols" want to stay private? I was just thinking the other day that I should contact the group and see if some of them would be interested in coming to some uoc meets.

Most members of the Pink Pistols want to be discreet, both about sexual orientation and being a gun owner.

I am writing a book which I hope to sell. Hopefully it will motivate people in the GBLT community to reconsider their positions on guns.

Guess it will make a great christmas gift.

Nicki

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

nicki wrote:
Most members of the Pink Pistols want to be discreet, both about sexual orientation and being a gun owner.

Crimes commited against gays and lesbians such as the murder of Matthew Shepard and the unnamed lesbian from Richmond who was raped certainly silence those who want to live out their lives quietly... but the other side of this is that anti-gun bigotry silences those who want to arm themselves against such aggression. It seems they are painted into a corner by both circumstances.

The odd quirk about this catch-22 is that if overcome, the anti-gun left would be hard pressed to explain why they dont want gays and lesbians to exercise the right to defend themselves from anti-gay violent crime. I believe this iscould be the exact thing that could break SF as the 'anti-gun' capital of the west coast. I think ifthe gays believe this, so will some SF politicians.

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

ConditionThree wrote:
nicki wrote:

Crimes commited against gays and lesbians such as the murder of Matthew Shepard and the unnamed lesbian from Richmond who was raped certainly silence those who want to live out their lives quietly... but the other side of this is that anti-gun bigotry silences those who want to arm themselves against such aggression. It seems they are painted into a corner by both circumstances.

The odd quirk about this catch-22 is that if overcome, the anti-gun left would be hard pressed to explain why they dont want gays and lesbians to exercise the right to defend themselves from anti-gay violent crime. I believe this iscould be the exact thing that could break SF as the 'anti-gun' capital of the west coast. I think ifthe gays believe this, so will some SF politicians.
I can understand why they are scared, but believe that the members of groups like the Pink Pistols are quite possibly the future of gun rights. People just don't care what straight white men have to say about rights.

I hope that more can find the courage to come out and face the issues.

bad_ace

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

If this is done after the 24th I'll be back in town and can participate. I'll invite the all the GBLT's I know. :)

I want to extend the offer to sponsor 2 unemployed open carriers for their travel and food.

Livermoron

imported post

I would like to get Theseus up here for this as well!!! How about it? Who else will chip in $40 or more? I will start off by committing the 1st $40.

PM ME IF AYOU CAN SUPPORT GETTING THESEUS UP HERE!!!

:)

Livermoron :cool:

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Livermoron wrote:
I would like to get Theseus up here for this as well!!! How about it? Who else will chip in $40 or more? I will start off by committing the 1st $40.

PM ME IF AYOU CAN SUPPORT GETTING THESEUS UP HERE!!!

:)

Livermoron :cool:
I can't carry anymore. . . And although I would like to make it, I suspect that it would take 1 tank of gas in my truck.

1 tanks @ 30 gallons, $2.95 a gallon is $88.50. . . Just to get big 'ol me up there. . . There are probably better ways to spend $80 for the cause.