• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Are there any non anti gun articles about the restaurant carry bill?

wylde007

imported post

AIC869 wrote:
If things are so shady that he can't trust his staff around a trained gun owner customer, then I certainly wouldn't think he'd want them around his livelihood/cash flow.
My point exactly. ;):D

mrs.jmelvin

imported post

I posted this in the comments section of the Lynchburg News & Advance story mentioned previously:

"I have been in the restaurant business for over 10 years with almost 2 of them as a server in Lynchburg. I personally feel safer when I see a customer openly carrying their firearm into the restaurant where I work, because I know that generally the customer, who is legally openly carrying (and not illegally concealing), is going to keep their firearm safely in its holster unless someone's life is threatened. It is already currently legal in Virginia to openly carry your firearm AND consume alcohol as long as you do not become intoxicated (maybe 1 beer, wine, or mixed drink, but even this is rare and I never see it). I personally openly carry my holstered firearm when I dine out, and I am welcomed warmly by the folks at the places where I dine.

I am a young woman and I carry not because I believe something bad will happen to me, but I carry to protect the lives of myself, my husband and my family in the rare case that something MAY happen to me and I have no desire to be a willing victim. As Fireman points out those places where firearms are banned are "gun free, criminal safe zones". I do not want to be mugged or worse raped, so that is why I carry and I DO NOT and WILL NOT patronize criminal safe zones. What restaurant owners who post against lawful carry forget is that only a law abiding citizen will abide by their wishes that guns are not permitted on their property, NOT criminals!"

2a4all

imported post

The paranoia of these people is amazing! Not to mention their lack of knowledge of the subject matter. There have not been any reports of Golden Corrals becoming OK Corrals nor Red Lobsters becoming Bloody Seafoodsbecause astate has legalized CC in alcohol-serving establishments. The opposite seems to be more prevalent in states that prohibit CC in such establishments.

The sentiment "I don't want you carrying in here, but if trouble breaks out, feel free to retreive your gun and help me out." is utter nonsense! I wonder where this owner keeps his gun?

So doesthe patron who doesn't want to be shot by you, butwants the BG to shoot you dead because you're carrying really think that's in his best interest? After the BG shoots you, who'll be next?

Elkad

imported post

Virginia Tech paper got it wrong as well (Tuesday's issue). Noticed as we were shipping it out the door.

Working from memory here, but had a line about "weapons are not allowed in restaurants that serve alcohol.". All they had to do would be stick the word "concealed" in there and they could keep their anti-biased article and still be accurate.

Dreamer

imported post

The funny thing about the hoopla over this bill is that many of the people who are voicing opinions against it are from Maryland...

In MD, if you have a permit (and almost NOBODY does, unless you are rich, politically-connected, or an elected official) it ALREADY IS legal for permit holders to CC in a venue that serves alcohol, and has been for years...

What the anti's "outrage" is about is NOT law-abiding people with guns CCing in restaurants. It's about keeping the "wrong kind of people" from lawfully carrying guns, and we all know what THAT phrase means...

"Gun Control" is racist.

Self Defense is a HUMAN RIGHT. And anyone who denies a person that right is essentially saying that some people aren't entirely "human".

Let's call these people out for the racist, elitist scum they are...