• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Help with laws?

Bingo85

imported post

Hey, how is everyone doing today? Figured I would get right down to business…

I currently hold a CT pistol permit and several firearms but wanted to make sure I was up to date on my laws. Where exactly are you finding these laws, when I google / search I never find just a list of laws to scroll through, I find related pages but not the “meat” im looking for.

To my knowledge the following places you cannot carry are:

-Any place posted
-Schools / Gov’t Buildings
-Tribal Lands
-And the new one to me? New Britian? I tried finding the “Sec. 16-80[/quote]” law about this but had no luck! I thought the hierarchy of laws went FEDERAL > STATE > LOCAL. So im curious how that works out…?

I will be moving to Manchester in spring…but want to make sure I can still have my permit etc… I will not move to an area where I have to give it up…

Thanks,

-Bingo

Bingo85

imported post

Hey...thanks for the links!

The next question I have...anyone know a good/trusted 2A lawyer in CT? No...I dont need one... I just want to have the info should I ever need one to help defend myself after shooting.

Some long time CCW friends gave me the tip, they all keep a card or the number with their permits just incase they need it.

-J

ESCH

imported post

I usually use this link for quick reference to statutes.

http://www.jud.ct.gov/lawlib/law/firearms.htm

Very easy to find what you are looking for quickly.

As far as attorney's Check the CCDL web site here:

http://www.ccdl.us/

I believe there to be links to a few attorneys on there.

BTW, Kudos for educating yourself and seeking the correct information for yourself. Far too many rely on wrong information being passed around by others.

Leverdude

imported post

Bingo85 wrote:
Hey...thanks for the links!

The next question I have...anyone know a good/trusted 2A lawyer in CT? No...I dont need one... I just want to have the info should I ever need one to help defend myself after shooting.

Some long time CCW friends gave me the tip, they all keep a card or the number with their permits just incase they need it.

-J
I used Ralph Sherman of West to square away a few things & highly recommend him.
http://www.ralphdsherman.com/