Thread: OC in police station??

Post imported post

Other than the VCDL meeting has anyone OC'ed in a police station?

Post imported post

I have open-carried into the 1st in VB (Courthouse).

Preemption covers.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

I try not to go to Henrico Police headquarters too often anymore, but I have OC'd there before without a problem.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Post imported post

ProShooter wrote:
    I try not to go to Henrico Police headquarters too often anymore, but I have OC'd there before without a problem.
    Well that certainly leaves one wondering...

TFred

Post imported post

Yep, did it during an open houseceremony and while returning lost/found property at another station.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

I've been to the Sully police station a few times, but was too afraid to OC.

Post imported post

Some cops think OC'ers should be shot. Run into one at their station and .... it could end badly.

I posted a thread about it yesterday, but it vanished. Odd

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

doug23838 wrote:
    Some cops think OC'ers should be shot. Run into one at their station and .... it could end badly.

I saw yer thread.. it probably just got moved since the subject was not oin Virginia.

Anyway.. I OCed at a ceremony at the Loudoun County Sheriffs office and even posed for a photo with the sheriff. A friend later commented that it was pretty funnt to see me walking around armed with a big yellow VISITOR badge on.

Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

doug23838 wrote:

That's something I wouldn't worry about in VA, or any other free state.

If my district station has another open house, I'll probably show up OCing. It'd be great if I ran into that Sgt. I met at the McDonnell rally last year, or the two I met who were at Burke Lake Park (not in the helicopter...hehe)

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    doug23838 wrote:

I saw yer thread.. it probably just got moved since the subject was not oin Virginia.

Anyway.. I OCed at a ceremony at the Loudoun County Sheriffs office and even posed for a photo with the sheriff. A friend later commented that it was pretty funnt to see me walking around armed with a big yellow VISITOR badge on.

Man gets away with murder. Probably has the local gendarmes in his pocket (heh, heh).

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

I've OC'd at Henrico PD headquarters.... in 2007.Then again, I'd just won a battle with them, and received a personal apology from the police chief. They have a fairly awful reputation insome regards.... I'd bring a digital recorder.

Post imported post

Our city-wide monthly Neighborhood Watch Coalition meetings are held at Police Headquarters. I attend with my plainly visible M&Pc .40 and wearing a GSL button.
    A law-abiding citizen should be able to carry his personal protection firearm anywhere that an armed criminal might go.

Member VCDL, NRA

Post imported post

SicSemperTyrannis wrote:
    I've OC'd at Henrico PD headquarters.... in 2007.Then again, I'd just won a battle with them, and received a personal apology from the police chief. They have a fairly awful reputation insome regards.... I'd bring a digital recorder.
    Morrissey is from Henrico, so there must be some pretty nutty anti-gun folks there to have elected him.

TFred

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    doug23838 wrote:

Ed, I think your friends were trying to tell you they were thinking it would be more likely to see you with an "INMATE" badge than one reading "Visitor".

And how come your local cop shop has so much difficulty figuring out which of the three categories someone fits into? Got a badge? You're an employee. Got a bunk in the space behind the bars? You're an inmate. Everybody else is just visiting. (Maybe they should still require lawyers to wear some sort of identification. Sometimes it's hard to figure which category they fit into.:P)

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

skidmark wrote:
    ed wrote:
    doug23838 wrote:

Ed, I think your friends were trying to tell you they were thinking it would be more likely to see you with an "INMATE" badge than one reading "Visitor".

And how come your local cop shop has so much difficulty figuring out which of the three categories someone fits into? Got a badge? You're an employee. Got a bunk in the space behind the bars? You're an inmate. Everybody else is just visiting. (Maybe they should still require lawyers to wear some sort of identification. Sometimes it's hard to figure which category they fit into.:P)

stay safe.

skidmark
    Off OC'd in Henrico, Chesterfield and VCU Police Buildings.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.