• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in police station??

Marco

imported post

Yep, did it during an open houseceremony and while returning lost/found property at another station.

doug23838

imported post

Some cops think OC'ers should be shot. Run into one at their station and .... it could end badly.

I posted a thread about it yesterday, but it vanished. Odd

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

doug23838 wrote:
Some cops think OC'ers should be shot. Run into one at their station and .... it could end badly.

I saw yer thread.. it probably just got moved since the subject was not oin Virginia.

Anyway.. I OCed at a ceremony at the Loudoun County Sheriffs office and even posed for a photo with the sheriff. A friend later commented that it was pretty funnt to see me walking around armed with a big yellow VISITOR badge on.

nova

imported post

doug23838 wrote:

That's something I wouldn't worry about in VA, or any other free state.

If my district station has another open house, I'll probably show up OCing. It'd be great if I ran into that Sgt. I met at the McDonnell rally last year, or the two I met who were at Burke Lake Park (not in the helicopter...hehe) :cool:

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

ed wrote:
doug23838 wrote:

I saw yer thread.. it probably just got moved since the subject was not oin Virginia.

Anyway.. I OCed at a ceremony at the Loudoun County Sheriffs office and even posed for a photo with the sheriff. A friend later commented that it was pretty funnt to see me walking around armed with a big yellow VISITOR badge on.
Man gets away with murder. Probably has the local gendarmes in his pocket (heh, heh).

SicSemperTyrannis

imported post

I've OC'd at Henrico PD headquarters.... in 2007.Then again, I'd just won a battle with them, and received a personal apology from the police chief. They have a fairly awful reputation insome regards.... I'd bring a digital recorder.

2a4all

imported post

Our city-wide monthly Neighborhood Watch Coalition meetings are held at Police Headquarters. I attend with my plainly visible M&Pc .40 and wearing a GSL button.

TFred

imported post

SicSemperTyrannis wrote:
I've OC'd at Henrico PD headquarters.... in 2007.Then again, I'd just won a battle with them, and received a personal apology from the police chief. They have a fairly awful reputation insome regards.... I'd bring a digital recorder.
Morrissey is from Henrico, so there must be some pretty nutty anti-gun folks there to have elected him.

TFred

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ed wrote:
doug23838 wrote:

Ed, I think your friends were trying to tell you they were thinking it would be more likely to see you with an "INMATE" badge than one reading "Visitor".:uhoh:

And how come your local cop shop has so much difficulty figuring out which of the three categories someone fits into? Got a badge? You're an employee. Got a bunk in the space behind the bars? You're an inmate. Everybody else is just visiting. (Maybe they should still require lawyers to wear some sort of identification. Sometimes it's hard to figure which category they fit into.:p)

stay safe.

skidmark

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

skidmark wrote:
ed wrote:
doug23838 wrote:

Ed, I think your friends were trying to tell you they were thinking it would be more likely to see you with an "INMATE" badge than one reading "Visitor".:uhoh:

And how come your local cop shop has so much difficulty figuring out which of the three categories someone fits into? Got a badge? You're an employee. Got a bunk in the space behind the bars? You're an inmate. Everybody else is just visiting. (Maybe they should still require lawyers to wear some sort of identification. Sometimes it's hard to figure which category they fit into.:p)

stay safe.

skidmark
Off OC'd in Henrico, Chesterfield and VCU Police Buildings.

Yata hey