• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Scottsdale Shea

Pace

imported post

Just had a baby 8 days ago, the hospital has a "No Weapons" sign, which I questioned their security about. They told me that it is illegal to carry any weapon into a hospital, which I believe to be completely incorrect. Any thoughts?

Their sign is not compliant with the law, thoughts?

AZkopper

imported post

If it is a private property, it is just a trespass notice. You are right, however, in that it is not a 'protected place' under ARS, and if it is a public hospital, then they must have storage available.

Pace

imported post

Private Hospital, they said they had no storage availble.

So with a CCW, you could just walk in, ignore the sign.

me812

imported post

How would they know if you are CCing?

Realistically, they wouldn't, and it's only a misdemeanor trespassing citation if you get caught. I have also heard that you can just claim that you didn't see the sign and that will get you off the hook, but I don't know if that's true.