Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Puyallup Gun Show Table for February

Post imported post

<EDIT> Gun Show table has been reserved. It sounds like we will be in the upstairs section for Feb.

Has anyone reserved one for the weekend?

Post imported post

Negative. And I have some news about that. I won't be able to help with the table in any official capacity any more. I've been hired on with the WAC security team and I start this coming weekend at the Puyallup show. But I can't wait to see the sign. I'll be around to say "hi". I think a good idea for this show is to put a jar or box out that anyone could donate cash to the Washington OCDO fund. Money to be used for renting tables at the show and buying more pamphlets.
    Certified Glock Armorer

"A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

Post imported post

put a jar or box out that anyone could donate cash to the Washington OCDO fund
    I had that idea as well. OK, I will call Arline on Tues and see if any tables are still available. I'm worried that the ceilings are not as tall for the Feb shows since they are NOT in the big pavilion.

Regular Member Gilead_Gunslinger's Avatar
    mid-world (somewhere between tacoma and seattle)

Post imported post

yes... put out a jar. I've been by the table a few times and I'd

gladly drop in a donation.
    I aim with my eye... I shoot with my mind... I kill with my heart....
    - The Gunslinger's Litany (paraphrased)

It has been brought to my attention that the stick figure decals on
    the back windows of vehicles are NOT pedestrian 'kill' scores, but are
    actually meant to represent family members. I'll be removing mine
    ASAP to avoid any further confusion.........

First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

Post imported post

SpyderTattoo wrote:
    Negative. And I have some news about that. I won't be able to help with the table in any official capacity any more. I've been hired on with the WAC security team and I start this coming weekend at the Puyallup show. But I can't wait to see the sign. I'll be around to say "hi". I think a good idea for this show is to put a jar or box out that anyone could donate cash to the Washington OCDO fund. Money to be used for renting tables at the show and buying more pamphlets.
    Right on...:celebratenow you HAVE to be at the shows. Must be tough on ya.

Post imported post

LOL, that's what I told my wife. Now she can't tell me that I can't go to the gunshow. "Sorry honey, got to get to work..."
    Certified Glock Armorer

"A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

Post imported post

SpyderTattoo wrote:
    Negative. And I have some news about that. I won't be able to help with the table in any official capacity any more. .
    Your name badge is hereby revoked! lol j/k

Can you just make sure you secure the OCDO table really well? We all know how antsy M1 gets..
    www.WaGuns.org

Currently mapping locations of Shooting Areas as well as Gun Stores - Let me know what is missing!

Post imported post

I know, right? you just sent me my new OCDO badges and I haven't had a chance to really use them yet. I did snow one off at the Starbucks breakfast 2 weeks ago.
    Certified Glock Armorer

Post imported post

Gun Show table has been reserved. It sounds like we will be in the upstairs section for Feb.

Post imported post

I'll be able to stop by the table on my lunch-break. But you'll probably see me around the building throughout the day.
    Certified Glock Armorer

Post imported post

SpyderTattoo wrote:
    I'll be able to stop by the table on my lunch-break. But you'll probably see me around the building throughout the day.
    hmmmm.. any possible identifying marks on your arms that we can use to help find you?
    www.WaGuns.org

Currently mapping locations of Shooting Areas as well as Gun Stores - Let me know what is missing!

Post imported post

I'll be up there. Still unsure which day at the moment. The upstairs section is open for both days? Will keep an eye out for the OCDO table.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Iron_Colonel wrote:
    I'll be up there. Still unsure which day at the moment. The upstairs section is open for both days? Will keep an eye out for the OCDO table.
    Well, well, well. Look who wandered in to OCDO! :P

Post imported post

In the text! I've got a MN sniper I'm looking to get rid of if you're interested Gonna have it up at the show. If you've got any Finn M91s we might be able to do some talking

State Researcher

Post imported post

Lesse, First Geoff would kill me for getting rid of the M91, then his girlfriend, and lastly you only get one Finn out of me!

You can buy my CZ 82 though. Is your Mosin Sniper real, or repro? I'll swap you my CZ 82 and work out a cash deal for the balance if it's a repro.

Post imported post

It is a repro. I have been interested in another CZ82. Perhaps we can work something out. You gonna be up there this weekend sometime?

Post imported post

massivedesign wrote:
    SpyderTattoo wrote:
    hmmmm.. any possible identifying marks on your arms that we can use to help find you?
    I heard he had a big flower with a ladybug on his arm!!!:what:

I may be mistaken. Hopefully he can clear this up for us.

Post imported post

massivedesign wrote:
    SpyderTattoo wrote:
    Yes, and the "SECURITY" tag on my vest...
    Certified Glock Armorer

Post imported post

SpyderTattoo wrote:
    massivedesign wrote:
    SpyderTattoo wrote:
    Yes, and the "SECURITY" tag on my vest...
    What are you keeping us secure from?

If someone starts kicking me in the head?

:celebrate:celebrate
    Live Free or Die!

Post imported post

He will say "STOP!............... Or I will say STOP again!"
    www.WaGuns.org

Post imported post

LOL

:?
    Certified Glock Armorer

Post imported post

Saw the table at the show today. When I walked by it a couple of times I saw whoever was behind it (sorry, I didn't come by and intro myself) actively engaged in conversation. Hopefully some of the attendees learned something.

One suggestion... I don't think the in-your-face "open carry is legal" I saw as the main title on banners at the booth is the right message; IMO it made us look a little like a fringe group begging for recognition. I think it should be more like "Know and practice your WA gun rights". The name "opencarry.org" just below that message would get the point across.

I know the board/org is called OCDO for a specific reason, but that's my $0.02.

Post imported post

tai4de2 wrote:
    Saw the table at the show today. When I walked by it a couple of times I saw whoever was behind it (sorry, I didn't come by and intro myself) actively engaged in conversation. Hopefully some of the attendees learned something.

One suggestion... I don't think the in-your-face "open carry is legal" I saw as the main title on banners at the booth is the right message; IMO it made us look a little like a fringe group begging for recognition. I think it should be more like "Know and practice your WA gun rights". The name "opencarry.org" just below that message would get the point across.

I know the board/org is called OCDO for a specific reason, but that's my $0.02.
    M1Gunr and myself were primarily at the table today. Thanks for the info on the banner but that ship has sailed. Next time say hello.
    Live Free or Die!

Post imported post

Gogodawgs, Kendra, Compmanio365 helped out at the table today, Thanks much. A few other members stopped by, go to see all of you. If anyone has free time on Sunday send me a PM or give me a call. If you are not a WAC member I can get a Vendor pass and it won't cost you anything to get in (non-members can't carry a weapon). My contact info is in my profile as well .........

Lots of folks engaged us today, we passed out almost everything we had. If anyone has extra Gun Rights Pamphlets I'd appreciated it if you could drop them off. Our next order won't be done till after the 1st and we have maybe 50 on hand.

I was told I could move the table tomorrow to a different location. We will still be on the upper floor but will be a few rows over (better sign coverage). Too bad the escalator was down today, I think it kept alot of folks from coming upstairs that normally world have however all in all it was a good day.

Lots of questions, lots of new stuff to pass out as well. I talked to security and am working on getting a photo of the table.

-Enjoy the weekend.

Post imported post

Good to see the banner flying high.. It looks really good (but I am bias lol)...

To all who helped out.. We need to get you some nametags.. PM me and I will make it happen.

Dan

www.WaGuns.org

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast