• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Puyallup Gun Show Table for February

tai4de2

imported post

Saw the table at the show today. When I walked by it a couple of times I saw whoever was behind it (sorry, I didn't come by and intro myself) actively engaged in conversation. Hopefully some of the attendees learned something.

One suggestion... I don't think the in-your-face "open carry is legal" I saw as the main title on banners at the booth is the right message; IMO it made us look a little like a fringe group begging for recognition. I think it should be more like "Know and practice your WA gun rights". The name "opencarry.org" just below that message would get the point across.

I know the board/org is called OCDO for a specific reason, but that's my $0.02.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

tai4de2 wrote:
Saw the table at the show today. When I walked by it a couple of times I saw whoever was behind it (sorry, I didn't come by and intro myself) actively engaged in conversation. Hopefully some of the attendees learned something.

One suggestion... I don't think the in-your-face "open carry is legal" I saw as the main title on banners at the booth is the right message; IMO it made us look a little like a fringe group begging for recognition. I think it should be more like "Know and practice your WA gun rights". The name "opencarry.org" just below that message would get the point across.

I know the board/org is called OCDO for a specific reason, but that's my $0.02.
M1Gunr and myself were primarily at the table today. Thanks for the info on the banner but that ship has sailed. Next time say hello.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Gogodawgs, Kendra, Compmanio365 helped out at the table today, Thanks much. A few other members stopped by, go to see all of you. If anyone has free time on Sunday send me a PM or give me a call. If you are not a WAC member I can get a Vendor pass and it won't cost you anything to get in (non-members can't carry a weapon). My contact info is in my profile as well .........

Lots of folks engaged us today, we passed out almost everything we had. If anyone has extra Gun Rights Pamphlets I'd appreciated it if you could drop them off. Our next order won't be done till after the 1st and we have maybe 50 on hand.

I was told I could move the table tomorrow to a different location. We will still be on the upper floor but will be a few rows over (better sign coverage). Too bad the escalator was down today, I think it kept alot of folks from coming upstairs that normally world have however all in all it was a good day.

Lots of questions, lots of new stuff to pass out as well. I talked to security and am working on getting a photo of the table.

-Enjoy the weekend.

massivedesign

imported post

Good to see the banner flying high.. It looks really good (but I am bias lol)...

To all who helped out.. We need to get you some nametags.. PM me and I will make it happen.

Dan

Trigger Dr

imported post

Bll, I wsill be there tomorrow for a short while. Riding with another friend that you know ( Mike has shared the table with me)

amzbrady

imported post

SpyderTattoo wrote:
massivedesign wrote:
SpyderTattoo wrote:
I'll be able to stop by the table on my lunch-break. But you'll probably see me around the building throughout the day.

hmmmm.. any possible identifying marks on your arms that we can use to help find you? :dude:
Yes, and the "SECURITY" tag on my vest... :cool:
Are you unarmed security at the gun show? :banghead:

massivedesign

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
SpyderTattoo wrote:
massivedesign wrote:
SpyderTattoo wrote:
I'll be able to stop by the table on my lunch-break. But you'll probably see me around the building throughout the day.

hmmmm.. any possible identifying marks on your arms that we can use to help find you? :dude:
Yes, and the "SECURITY" tag on my vest... :cool:
Are you unarmed security at the gun show? :banghead:

Nope.. He's armed with a black tacticool vest and a handful of zip ties...

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Good weekend guys I passed out the remainder of the pamphlets all in all near 400 total. The FAQ quick sheet I made up went over well with over 700 of them being passed out. Lots of folks interested in OC so expect a few new folks on the board and a few of the lurkers start being active.

2 business want to host the Gun Rights pamphlet for us. Welchers Gun shop in Tacoma & The Broken Gun supplies & accessories (Guns shows & Swap meets).