Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: short notice OC

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    45

    Post imported post

    I'll be in olympia today .. Most of the day. Is anyone in the area that would be down to make an OC day out of it?



    Let me know, by response - or PM.



    Im leaving here in about 40 mikes

  2. #2
    Regular Member SpyderTattoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kent, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,018

    Post imported post

    Dude, did you not see that there was a huge anti tax rally at the capitol building today and that many of us were there?
    Certified Glock Armorer

    "A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

    A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    45

    Post imported post

    I did read about the tax rally, I however could not attend. I was working as I just got back into the country I have a full plate.



    Not to mention, I wouldnt have rallied something that Im not entirely against. Higher taxes doesnt mean the end of the world for any of us. No argument needed. I support what you guys were trying to do.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Blaine, WA, ,
    Posts
    1,315

    Post imported post

    Golf Uniform November wrote:
    Higher taxes doesnt mean the end of the world for any of us. No argument needed. I support what you guys were trying to do.
    But it is a step. More taxes means more government control which means less freedom. If the government is spending and taking that much money, they are effectively controlling the economy which means you do not have the freedom to do what you want. There has to be a limit to what the government takes and what the government does. We are way over that limit in both instances.

    Did you know that there is a law in Washington regarding exactly how a boxer will be counted out? I ran across it by accident this morning. I don't even like boxing, but tell me government isn't too big.

  5. #5
    Regular Member amlevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North of Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,953

    Post imported post

    My big issue with this legislature raising taxes is that they refuse to merely roll back government spending to the level it was before the current crisis. They SPENT their way into it. State Government spending is approximately 1/3 greater than it was before Gregoire took office. As always, the legislature is looking at the easy way out. Raise taxes rather than freezing ALL Government wages. Freeze capital equipment expenditures. Do like private sector businesses do. For example, rather than new cars and trucks every 2-3 years for state agencies, drive them until they have 150-200 thousand miles on them instead of selling them at a loss to the Taxi companies and private contractors whey will then use them until they have a quarter million miles on them. Focus on the Real Mission of State Government. Transportation, Safety, and "Justice" (Law Enforcement and Courts).

    There have been numerous lists published of Government Waste and unnecessary Offices, Comissions, and Employees. Start behaving like a private business and live within the revenues available. Stop trying to fund every special interest program.

    Last but not least, to the voters, don't let the legislature get away with massive tax increases. Vote them out and sign any initiative petition that is sure to be out soon to roll taxes back to previous levels.

    When the people and businesses of this State don't have a huge "Tax Monkey" on their back they will be able to generate more money for themselves to spend. Spending money will bring back some revenue to the State to provide for necessary services. Until the waste is gone none of that will happen and soon we here in Washington will be like Michigan. (their governor is just as stupid as Gregoire).
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

    "If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    45

    Post imported post

    My only issue here is - Working directly for the GOV. I can tell you flat out. They will do what they want to do. Take what they want to take. They don't need permission from you, or I.



    If you're a US citizen you better get used to being bent over and gagged.

  7. #7
    Regular Member Metalhead47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    South Whidbey, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,812

    Post imported post

    Golf Uniform November wrote:
    My only issue here is - Working directly for the GOV. I can tell you flat out. They will do what they want to do. Take what they want to take. They don't need permission from you, or I.



    If you're a US citizen you better get used to being bent over and gagged.
    Seems there's a historical precedent for this situation. Happened 'bout 234 years ago or so, I believe. Some said, "better just get used to it." Others got pissed off and did something.

    People are getting pissed off again.

    Never underestimate farmers with rifles.
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

  8. #8
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338

    Post imported post

    heresolong wrote:
    Golf Uniform November wrote:
    Higher taxes doesnt mean the end of the world for any of us. No argument needed. I support what you guys were trying to do.
    But it is a step. More taxes means more government control which means less freedom. If the government is spending and taking that much money, they are effectively controlling the economy which means you do not have the freedom to do what you want. There has to be a limit to what the government takes and what the government does. We are way over that limit in both instances.

    Did you know that there is a law in Washington regarding exactly how a boxer will be counted out? I ran across it by accident this morning. I don't even like boxing, but tell me government isn't too big.
    +1 I think the apathy of the American People locally, State wide and nationally is starting to change.

    I was pleasantly pleased and surprised at the turn out for the TEA party rally in Bellingham last year, A lot more than what was reported and shows people are starting to be fed up.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  9. #9
    Regular Member 1245A Defender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    north mason county, Washington, USA
    Posts
    4,381

    Post imported post

    Golf Uniform November wrote:
    My only issue here is - Working directly for the GOV. I can tell you flat out. They will do what they want to do. Take what they want to take. They don't need permission from you, or I.



    If you're a US citizen you better get used to being bent over and gagged.
    WOW,,,WOW,,, you already gave up? you need a clue!!
    you go ahead and bend over! i wont be needing any of your advice!

    FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS!!!!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

    “If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

    Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

    All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    45

    Post imported post

    Did I offer you advice? I didn't think so.



    And No, I didnt give up. Im dealing with it my way.



    And frankly .. I don't give a flying mother **** who prys what from your cold dead hands.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wa, ,
    Posts
    2,769

    Post imported post

    John or Mike, something needs be done with this clown.

  12. #12
    Regular Member Metalhead47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    South Whidbey, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,812

    Post imported post

    Golf Uniform November wrote:
    Did I offer you advice? I didn't think so.



    And No, I didnt give up. Im dealing with it my way.



    And frankly .. I don't give a flying mother @#$% who prys what from your cold dead hands.
    If you're a US citizen you better get used to being bent over and gagged.
    That sounds like advice to me. You picked a very poor forum in which to advocate, even in passing, submission to government. If your way is to just turn over and do what they want so your own lil life is not disturbed, that IS giving up. Why are you even interested in OC and its inevitable confrontations if you're just going to surrender and let them tax you into slavery?
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

  13. #13
    Campaign Veteran gogodawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Federal Way, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,666

    Post imported post

    Trigger Dr wrote:
    John or Mike, something needs be done with this clown.
    +1, looking at his other posts he has nothing positive to add to our cause
    Live Free or Die!

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    ASA, Russia.
    Posts
    217

    Post imported post

    After living in centralia.. Hm.. all of my life.. I fear for MY safety with clowns like you around!!!!!!!!!!!!!



    You're probably WHY I carry a .45 and not a spit wad straw





  15. #15
    Regular Member killchain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Richland, Washington, USA
    Posts
    788

    Post imported post

    Golf Uniform November wrote:
    My only issue here is - Working directly for the GOV. I can tell you flat out. They will do what they want to do. Take what they want to take. They don't need permission from you, or I.



    If you're a US citizen you better get used to being bent over and gagged.
    YES. THEY. DO.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wa, ,
    Posts
    2,769

    Post imported post

    I think I have got it figured out. G.U.N. is actually a Brady plant trying to elicit things they can use against us. I know, I know. I was a little slow on the uptake, but that is one of the perils of old age.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Spokane, Washington, USA
    Posts
    16

    Post imported post

    Metalhead47 wrote:
    Golf Uniform November wrote:
    My only issue here is - Working directly for the GOV. I can tell you flat out. They will do what they want to do. Take what they want to take. They don't need permission from you, or I.



    If you're a US citizen you better get used to being bent over and gagged.
    Seems there's a historical precedent for this situation. Happened 'bout 234 years ago or so, I believe. Some said, "better just get used to it." Others got pissed off and did something.

    People are getting pissed off again.

    Never underestimate farmers with rifles.
    I agree with you. I've been looking around the internet and it does seem people are getting pissed. Granted the internet is not the best source for information but the termoil needs to be looked at. People are only going to take so much before they have had enough

  18. #18
    Regular Member Metalhead47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    South Whidbey, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,812

    Post imported post

    wickedspray wrote:
    Metalhead47 wrote:
    Golf Uniform November wrote:
    My only issue here is - Working directly for the GOV. I can tell you flat out. They will do what they want to do. Take what they want to take. They don't need permission from you, or I.



    If you're a US citizen you better get used to being bent over and gagged.
    Seems there's a historical precedent for this situation. Happened 'bout 234 years ago or so, I believe. Some said, "better just get used to it." Others got pissed off and did something.

    People are getting pissed off again.

    Never underestimate farmers with rifles.
    I agree with you. I've been looking around the internet and it does seem people are getting pissed. Granted the internet is not the best source for information but the termoil needs to be looked at. People are only going to take so much before they have had enough
    Look at how many on our side have been out protesting over the last year or so. And then remember, our side doesn't protest. The libs love to protest, it's their reason de etre (sp?), their whole purpose in life, and what they've always been known for (aka, whining). If our side gets so moved as to protest, it means people are getting PISSED. A republican took Teddy *hic* Kennedy's senate seat for pete's sake! Such things simply do not happen.:quirky
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lakewood, WA
    Posts
    1,001

    Post imported post

    Trigger Dr wrote:
    I think I have got it figured out. G.U.N. is actually a Brady plant trying to elicit things they can use against us. I know, I know. I was a little slow on the uptake, but that is one of the perils of old age.
    Is he gone yet?

    Good riddance.
    Quote Originally Posted by SayWhat View Post

    Shooters before hooters.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •