• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

short notice OC

Golf Uniform November

imported post

I'll be in olympia today .. Most of the day. Is anyone in the area that would be down to make an OC day out of it?

Let me know, by response - or PM.

Im leaving here in about 40 mikes

Golf Uniform November

imported post

I did read about the tax rally, I however could not attend. I was working as I just got back into the country I have a full plate.

Not to mention, I wouldnt have rallied something that Im not entirely against. Higher taxes doesnt mean the end of the world for any of us. No argument needed. I support what you guys were trying to do.

heresolong

imported post

Golf Uniform November wrote:
Higher taxes doesnt mean the end of the world for any of us. No argument needed. I support what you guys were trying to do.
But it is a step. More taxes means more government control which means less freedom. If the government is spending and taking that much money, they are effectively controlling the economy which means you do not have the freedom to do what you want. There has to be a limit to what the government takes and what the government does. We are way over that limit in both instances.

Did you know that there is a law in Washington regarding exactly how a boxer will be counted out? I ran across it by accident this morning. I don't even like boxing, but tell me government isn't too big.

amlevin

imported post

My big issue with this legislature raising taxes is that they refuse to merely roll back government spending to the level it was before the current crisis. They SPENT their way into it. State Government spending is approximately 1/3 greater than it was before Gregoire took office. As always, the legislature is looking at the easy way out. Raise taxes rather than freezing ALL Government wages. Freeze capital equipment expenditures. Do like private sector businesses do. For example, rather than new cars and trucks every 2-3 years for state agencies, drive them until they have 150-200 thousand miles on them instead of selling them at a loss to the Taxi companies and private contractors whey will then use them until they have a quarter million miles on them. Focus on the Real Mission of State Government. Transportation, Safety, and "Justice" (Law Enforcement and Courts).

There have been numerous lists published of Government Waste and unnecessary Offices, Comissions, and Employees. Start behaving like a private business and live within the revenues available. Stop trying to fund every special interest program.

Last but not least, to the voters, don't let the legislature get away with massive tax increases. Vote them out and sign any initiative petition that is sure to be out soon to roll taxes back to previous levels.

When the people and businesses of this State don't have a huge "Tax Monkey" on their back they will be able to generate more money for themselves to spend. Spending money will bring back some revenue to the State to provide for necessary services. Until the waste is gone none of that will happen and soon we here in Washington will be like Michigan. (their governor is just as stupid as Gregoire).

Golf Uniform November

imported post

My only issue here is - Working directly for the GOV. I can tell you flat out. They will do what they want to do. Take what they want to take. They don't need permission from you, or I.

If you're a US citizen you better get used to being bent over and gagged.

Metalhead47

imported post

My only issue here is - Working directly for the GOV. I can tell you flat out. They will do what they want to do. Take what they want to take. They don't need permission from you, or I.

Seems there's a historical precedent for this situation. Happened 'bout 234 years ago or so, I believe. Some said, "better just get used to it." Others got pissed off and did something.

People are getting pissed off again.

Never underestimate farmers with rifles.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

heresolong wrote:
Higher taxes doesnt mean the end of the world for any of us. No argument needed. I support what you guys were trying to do.
But it is a step. More taxes means more government control which means less freedom. If the government is spending and taking that much money, they are effectively controlling the economy which means you do not have the freedom to do what you want. There has to be a limit to what the government takes and what the government does. We are way over that limit in both instances.

Did you know that there is a law in Washington regarding exactly how a boxer will be counted out? I ran across it by accident this morning. I don't even like boxing, but tell me government isn't too big.
+1 I think the apathy of the American People locally, State wide and nationally is starting to change.

I was pleasantly pleased and surprised at the turn out for the TEA party rally in Bellingham last year, A lot more than what was reported and shows people are starting to be fed up.

1245A Defender

imported post

WOW,,,WOW,,, you already gave up? you need a clue!!
you go ahead and bend over! i wont be needing any of your advice!

FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS!!!!

Golf Uniform November

imported post

Did I offer you advice? I didn't think so.

And No, I didnt give up. Im dealing with it my way.

And frankly .. I don't give a flying mother **** who prys what from your cold dead hands.

Metalhead47

imported post

Did I offer you advice? I didn't think so.

And No, I didnt give up. Im dealing with it my way.

And frankly .. I don't give a flying mother @#$% who prys what from your cold dead hands.
That sounds like advice to me. You picked a very poor forum in which to advocate, even in passing, submission to government. If your way is to just turn over and do what they want so your own lil life is not disturbed, that IS giving up. Why are you even interested in OC and its inevitable confrontations if you're just going to surrender and let them tax you into slavery?

Guest1650

imported post

After living in centralia.. Hm.. all of my life.. I fear for MY safety with clowns like you around!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're probably WHY I carry a .45 and not a spit wad straw :(

killchain

imported post

YES. THEY. DO.

Trigger Dr

imported post

I think I have got it figured out. G.U.N. is actually a Brady plant trying to elicit things they can use against us. I know, I know. I was a little slow on the uptake, but that is one of the perils of old age.:)

wickedspray

imported post

Metalhead47 wrote:

Seems there's a historical precedent for this situation. Happened 'bout 234 years ago or so, I believe. Some said, "better just get used to it." Others got pissed off and did something.

I agree with you. I've been looking around the internet and it does seem people are getting pissed. Granted the internet is not the best source for information but the termoil needs to be looked at. People are only going to take so much before they have had enough

Metalhead47

imported post

wickedspray wrote:
Metalhead47 wrote:

I agree with you. I've been looking around the internet and it does seem people are getting pissed. Granted the internet is not the best source for information but the termoil needs to be looked at. People are only going to take so much before they have had enough
Look at how many on our side have been out protesting over the last year or so. And then remember, our side doesn't protest. The libs love to protest, it's their reason de etre (sp?), their whole purpose in life, and what they've always been known for (aka, whining). If our side gets so moved as to protest, it means people are getting PISSED. A republican took Teddy *hic* Kennedy's senate seat for pete's sake! Such things simply do not happen.:quirky

.45ACPaddy

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
I think I have got it figured out. G.U.N. is actually a Brady plant trying to elicit things they can use against us. I know, I know. I was a little slow on the uptake, but that is one of the perils of old age.:)
Is he gone yet?

Good riddance.