Thread: Push Back 2010 Post Rally report

Post imported post

Here's the pictures I took, there's still some crappy ones in there, but I wanted to get all of em out.

http://s870.photobucket.com/albums/a...lly%20Olympia/

I'll let Deros provide the post rally report.
    Quote Originally Posted by SayWhat View Post

Shooters before hooters.

Post imported post

Good time at the Ralley in Oly today. Even though Jim pussed out and needed me to go back to my truck and get his jacket for him... As you can see from the pics, we got to meet Dori Monson. A small highlight for me. I've listened to his show for a couple years now. He was very gracious to all who wanted to come up and meet him. The crowd was very fired-up by the time Dori was done with his speech.

As we were leaving the campus we could see the "other side" crowd gathering on the lawn. Pitiful numbers compared to our ralley. We drove down the street a few blocks and went into a Starbucks for a potty break and another cup of coffee. While we were there another "pro tax" group was organizing in the park across the street. When they finally got going, they made a kind-of parade and went into the street to walk up to the capitol campus. They were blocking traffic in the southbound lanes! They had signs and some had musical instruments like trumpets and drums and such. And they call us extremists...

We're planning on being at the next tax ralley on April 15. Hope more OCers can make it.

Certified Glock Armorer

"A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

Post imported post

some had musical instruments like trumpets and drums and such.

What? Right out in the open? For all to see?

Post imported post

Superlite27 wrote:
    some had musical instruments like trumpets and drums and such.

What? Right out in the open? For all to see?
    Yep, they were openly carrying musical instruments on a public street, while blocking traffic and ignoring crossing signs. I doubt they had a parade permit. I guess if you have the legislature in your back pocket, the laws don't apply to you.
    SpyderTattoo, thanks for the ride, and it was nice to meet you, G22Paddy, DEROS72 and stryker.
    No right is held more sacred, or is more carefully guarded, by the common law than the right of every individual to the possession and control of his own person, free from all restraint or interference of others, unless by clear and unquestionable authority of law. Union Pacific Rail Co. vs Botsford as quoted in Terry v Ohio.

Talk to your cats about catnip - before it's too late.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Eh, the local nutters always bring out musical instruments. I have to LOL at the hypocrisy of whining that they didn't have a "parade permit" while claiming to be in favor of liberty. Double standards are funny things.

Post imported post

I believe very few people actually think "liberty" all the way through. I'm still working on it myself. People like freedom as long as they and people who agree with them have it. I'm not sure if that isn't more of a human nature thing. Kudos to all of you who went.
    "Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world." ~ Musashi

Post imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
    Eh, the local nutters always bring out musical instruments. I have to LOL at the hypocrisy of whining that they didn't have a "parade permit" while claiming to be in favor of liberty. Double standards are funny things.
    Not whining. Just found itironic that we used our voices to be heard - they had to resort to using instruments, we assembled lawfully and peacefully targeting the legislature, without disrupting others - they marched down the middle of the street disrupting traffic without any consideration for the people traveling down that street, nowhere near where the legislators can see or hear them.

And yet we are the ones normally painted as being the trouble makers.

The comment about the parade permit was to point out their hypocrisy.
    No right is held more sacred, or is more carefully guarded, by the common law than the right of every individual to the possession and control of his own person, free from all restraint or interference of others, unless by clear and unquestionable authority of law. Union Pacific Rail Co. vs Botsford as quoted in Terry v Ohio.

State Researcher

Post imported post

I guess I'm used to the local liberals. They always resort to musical instruments, poetry, music, etc... to get their point across. They can be quite entertaining at times. Come down some Friday afternoon for the weekly anti war protest at Percival Landing. The band is usually present there too LOL.

Post imported post

Getting a group organized and using music to convey a message:

Cool!

Getting a group organized and using music to convey a message while interrupting the flow of traffic by marching down at least a half mile or more of city road:

NOT COOL!

Any questions?

Shooters before hooters.

Post imported post

They had signs and some had musical instruments like trumpets and drums and such.
    No accordions, though, I hope!

Post imported post

kparker wrote:
    They had signs and some had musical instruments like trumpets and drums and such.
    They should all be playing a swinette

Post imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
    kparker wrote:
    They should all be playing a swinette

Post imported post

I could have sworn I saw a couple of those guys playing a skin flute... :shock:

Did I just say that?
    Certified Glock Armorer

"A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

State Researcher

Post imported post

G22Paddy wrote:

Cool!

Getting a group organized and using music to convey a message while interrupting the flow of traffic by marching down at least a half mile or more of city road:

NOT COOL!

Any questions?
    Moonbats with music and a message. - Common.
    Moonbats marching down the street in Olympia with music and a message.-- Also common.
    Enforcing what few odd laws that were broken in the process.--- Literally not worth it. Honestly to a great degree minor bits of moonbattery like that are just a common part of the landscape here in Olympia. It's better to not give them any attention than it is to write a couple of tickets. By ignoring them they fail to get their message out. Write them a ticket and they become oppressed martyrs, and there is always some dumb f*ck on the city council (several now) who will listen to them whine.

So what if they marched in the street a bit? Live here 6 months and then tell me what you think. You'll eventually quit fighting stupid little stuff like that and focus on the bigger cases of moonbattery.

Post imported post

LOL @ SpyderTattoo

Shooters before hooters.

Post imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
    G22Paddy wrote:

Cool!

NOT COOL!

Any questions?
    Moonbats with music and a message. - Common.
    Moonbats marching down the street in Olympia with music and a message.-- Also common.
    Enforcing what few odd laws that were broken in the process.--- Literally not worth it. Honestly to a great degree minor bits of moonbattery like that are just a common part of the landscape here in Olympia. It's better to not give them any attention than it is to write a couple of tickets. By ignoring them they fail to get their message out. Write them a ticket and they become oppressed martyrs, and there is always some dumb f*ck on the city council (several now) who will listen to them whine.

So what if they marched in the street a bit? Live here 6 months and then tell me what you think. You'll eventually quit fighting stupid little stuff like that and focus on the bigger cases of moonbattery.
    We weren't fighting it, just sitting in Starbucks laughing at them and shaking our heads. Sad thing about it, I believe these Moonbats were teachers. That's why my daughter went to a private school.

Post imported post

I can't get past the fact that there even IS such a thing as a "pro tax" rally/demonstration. WTF?

Also, the fringe media report I saw (online) made a point to say the pro-tax supporters greatly outnumbered the anti-tax demonstrators.

Post imported post

kwiebe wrote:
    I can't get past the fact that there even IS such a thing as a "pro tax" rally/demonstration. WTF?

Also, the fringe media report I saw (online) made a point to say the pro-tax supporters greatly outnumbered the anti-tax demonstrators.
    Correct. If more taxes are good, then this group of "pro tax" supporters would support a 100% tax on all income. Always take 'their' logic out to the next logical step and see where it leads, in this case it is ridiculous.

Live Free or Die!

Post imported post

I hung around for some of the "pro-revenue" rally until the nausea drove me away. They did in fact significantly outnumber the anti-tax group. This was clearly because the three main groups that constituted 90% of their presence were teachers, labor unions, and students. Not hard to fill a bunch of buses since they all had the day off. They also paraded some legislators including our favorite, Senator Kline.
    I shot some video of the rallies and will have a little time to edit them soon. Two things that also caught my eye were that there were a lot of mass produced signs... only tells me that they don't care enough to make their own. Most importantly was that out of their hundreds of signs and banners, there was not a single American flag. I think we all know who the patriots were.
    "Government is not the solution to our problems. Government is the problem" Ronald Reagan 20 January 1981

"Government is not reason; it is not eloquence; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." George Washington