• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What do you Want/Need.....

TheMrMitch

imported post

Guy B. Meredith wrote:
Primacord and dynamite will do the trick on the trees. Don't ask how I know...

Yes.....I've played with a LOT of dynamite. Firecrackers are illegal in Ky.....figure that one.

I use Tannerite now.....would just like to try a couple of RAUFOSS rounds.:celebrate

B

Bikenut

imported post

What I would like to see in many gun shops is:

Less condescension from behind the counter.

More intelligent conversation from behind the counter.

Factual conversation from behind the counter.

Less... much less... smart assery from behind the counter.

No... none.. not even a smidgeon... of disdain for women customers from behind the counter! (I'm a guy and it annoys me to no end to have my Lady talked down to when she knows more about shooting than the guy shooting off his mouth!)

Constructive advice for new shooters instead of condemnation from behind the counter.

And if I wanted that newest, latest, whiz bang, super expensive gun/ammo that the guy behind the counter is pressuring me to buy I woulda asked for it!!!!

Overtaxed

imported post

TheMrMitch wrote:
I'd like to see some  RAUFOSS .50 cal ammo for sale, legally, of course. I have a couple of trees I want down and have fun doing it.:shock:

I remember a really cool old photo from the late 1890s. It showed a crudely sawn-down tree, with the caption explaining that it was actually cut down by a maxim gun, as a demonstration to a Hawaiian king of American military firepower.

Overtaxed

imported post

TheMrMitch wrote:
Guy B. Meredith wrote:
Primacord and dynamite will do the trick on the trees.  Don't ask how I know...

Yes.....I've played with a LOT of dynamite. Firecrackers are illegal in Ky.....figure that one.

Jeez... that is one of the most surreal things I've ever read (except possibly for the Anthrocon thread) - the firepower, flames, tracers and explosions at Knob Creek, and yet, no firecrackers...

TheMrMitch

imported post

Check it out here: http://www.fireworks.com/fireworks_laws/laws_kentucky.asp

Every 4th I would get 50 pounds (100) sticks and we'd shoot them off with rifles in the late 70s. Put a sign on my truck and hauled it myself....perfectlly legal.

Dynamite has since become so regulated it is almost impossible to purchase and store. I use Tannerite or blend my own Tannerite (brand name).:dude:

Statesman

imported post

Overtaxed wrote:
TheMrMitch wrote:
Guy B. Meredith wrote:
Primacord and dynamite will do the trick on the trees. Don't ask how I know...

Jeez... that is one of the most surreal things I've ever read (except possibly for the Anthrocon thread) - the firepower, flames, tracers and explosions at Knob Creek, and yet, no firecrackers...
Firecrackers at Knob Creek? Are you completely mad? Those can put an eye out !! :what:

Just be safe and be happy with fully automatic machine guns, will ya?

Thank God we have brave nanny state politicians to save us from ourselves.