Thread: Interesting or bizzare carry weapons

Post imported post

Anybody out there carry any wierd or bizzare hardware? I almost always carry an 1896 Nagant, .30 caliber gas check revolver. Seven shot, made at the Tula arsenal in 1941. How about you guys and gals?

Post imported post

What holster do you carry that in?
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

xraygil1 wrote:
    Anybody out there carry any wierd or bizzare hardware? I almost always carry an 1896 Nagant, .30 caliber gas check revolver. Seven shot, made at the Tula arsenal in 1941. How about you guys and gals?
    I carry an 1895 as well.

Izzy, 1943.

Post imported post

I've always had a desire to OC a Mauser C96 "Broomhandle".

Or a cap'n'ball 1851 Colt Navy .44 revolver.

-Richard-

Post imported post

Have you ever shot a broomhandle? I found them rather uncomfortable, too much trigger weight.
    JMO

Post imported post

office888 wrote:

-Richard-
    I have one. That thing is super cool, and fun to shoot. All brass frame, highly scrolled, nice walnut grips. Loads in 5 minutes, unloads in 5 or 6 seconds. :P

eta: oops, mine is an 1858 remington
    "Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame." - Cort

Gun control is like trying to reduce Drunk Driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.

The answer to "1984" is "
    1776"

With freedom comes much responsibility. It is for this reason so many are loathe to exercise it.

Post imported post

I don't know a lot about them. I just shot 2rnds at a friends house many gray hairs ago. I do remember it feeling out of balance, if it's the traditional German style I'm thinking of.

Does yours tend to feel that way to you fully loaded?

My bad...didn't see your reference to colt...

Post imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
    I don't know a lot about them. I just shot 2rnds at a friends house many gray hairs ago. I do remember it feeling out of balance, if it's the traditional German style I'm thinking of.

I've never shot a broomhandle. I usually just bend the damn things when I sweep...
    "Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame." - Cort

Gun control is like trying to reduce Drunk Driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

1776"

With freedom comes much responsibility. It is for this reason so many are loathe to exercise it.

Post imported post

I carry a Tisas Zigana K 9mm semi auto. I bought it brand new. They have only been imported into the US recently. They are used by the turkish military and police. 9mm, holds 15 +1

It is a clone of a walther p88

Over 1K rounds of the cheapest ammo i can find down the tube, and only one ftf. It was during the 2nd mag ever fired from the gun, and my buddy was shooting so i'm not exactly sure what happened. I've also shot a few rounds of the good stuff jhp's just to make sure the ammo i actually carry feeds well.

It is accurate, and it feels really good in my dainty little hands.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (who will watch the watchmen?)

I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of posts should be construed as legal advice.

Post imported post

I carry her in an Uncle Mike's sidekick-don't know if they still make that though.

Post imported post

office888 wrote:

-Richard-
    Han Solo too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post imported post

xraygil1 wrote:
    I carry her in an Uncle Mike's sidekick-don't know if they still make that though.
    I doubt they discontinued it, but if they did, Blackhawk makes a model almost identical to it.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

What ammo are you using in your 1895 OP? 7.62x38r is a weird little sucker, and hard to find.

I've got some post-war Soviet target ammunition and I'm picking up some Hotshot soon. But I've also got a nice amount of .32 S&W Longs for it.

After seeing what H&R Mags do with the gun on Youtube, I wouldn't recommend anyone trying that particular load. :P

Post imported post

It's not "weird" but it is kinda interesting...

I was carrying an NAA .22lr derringer/belt buckle combo for a while... until I heard about laws against "disguised" firearms. Never did any research to find out if that belt buckle gun was a legally defined "disguised" firearm... or qualifies as a "holstered gun"..... just quit carrying it.

But folks really liked it a lot. Many comments about "Is that a real gun?"

Which makes me think it could qualify as a "disguised" firearm. Dunno... will look it up one of these days.

I call it my "nose gun" because, with my big hands trying to hold onto the thing, if I were to use it for self defense I'd have to shove it up the bad guy's nose in order to hit anything... and even then I might miss...... :?
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Post imported post

Bikenut wrote:
    ks really liked it a lot. Many comments about "Is that a real gun?"

Which makes me think it could qualify as a "disguised" firearm. Dunno... will look it up one of these days.

is there any such law pertaining to a disquised firearm? This is a new topic for me.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (who will watch the watchmen?)

I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of posts should be construed as legal advice.

Post imported post

Certain states, Virginia is a good example, will consider a firearm to be concealed even if clearly visible if it is presented in such a way as to cause the reasonable observer to not know that it is an actual firearm.

John

lapeer20m wrote:
    Bikenut wrote:

is there any such law pertaining to a disquised firearm? This is a new topic for me.

Post imported post

lapeer20m wrote:
    Bikenut wrote:

i have worried about my tanfoglio GT 380 belt clip this is threaded on my belt and worn in the front where the belt buckle would be,,, even my OC pals have asked , if its real! i think it could be argued that it is disgised and illegal.
    the law in washington state is aimed at cane guns, i think.

EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Post imported post

WARCHILD wrote:

I would imagine it WOULD feel terrible compared to modern pistols.

The height over bore is ridiculous, combined with the antiquated materials, design, and lousy ergonomics.

But it's such an ugly pistol, so I love it!

I don't actually own one though. Down the road, it'll happen...

Cap'n'ball pistols are doable though. The Pietta kits only cost about $180 for eevverrything.

-Richard-

Post imported post

I carry a Makarov 9x18. Not very common in the US, but not that rare. Have put hundreds of rounds through it without a problem. And it fits my small hands pretty well. Only complaint I have is the lack of self defense rounds. I can only find solid slugs.

Post imported post

Hmmm...matched pair of Ruger Vaquero .357 Magnums, SS, fancy grips.

Post imported post

sevenplusone wrote:
    Hmmm...matched pair of Ruger Vaquero .357 Magnums, SS, fancy grips.
    Bizarre, not at all. Interesting, though, and very, very cool!

1776"

Post imported post

Very nice..