• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Interesting or bizzare carry weapons

xraygil1

imported post

Anybody out there carry any wierd or bizzare hardware? I almost always carry an 1896 Nagant, .30 caliber gas check revolver. Seven shot, made at the Tula arsenal in 1941. How about you guys and gals?

Wiz

imported post

xraygil1 wrote:
Anybody out there carry any wierd or bizzare hardware? I almost always carry an 1896 Nagant, .30 caliber gas check revolver. Seven shot, made at the Tula arsenal in 1941. How about you guys and gals?
I carry an 1895 as well.

Izzy, 1943.

Taurus850CIA

imported post

office888 wrote:
I've always had a desire to OC a Mauser C96 "Broomhandle".

Or a cap'n'ball 1851 Colt Navy .44 revolver.

-Richard-
I have one. That thing is super cool, and fun to shoot. All brass frame, highly scrolled, nice walnut grips. Loads in 5 minutes, unloads in 5 or 6 seconds. :p

eta: oops, mine is an 1858 remington

WARCHILD

imported post

I don't know a lot about them. I just shot 2rnds at a friends house many gray hairs ago. I do remember it feeling out of balance, if it's the traditional German style I'm thinking of.

Does yours tend to feel that way to you fully loaded?

My bad...didn't see your reference to colt...:uhoh:

Taurus850CIA

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
I don't know a lot about them. I just shot 2rnds at a friends house many gray hairs ago. I do remember it feeling out of balance, if it's the traditional German style I'm thinking of.

I've never shot a broomhandle. I usually just bend the damn things when I sweep...

lapeer20m

imported post

I carry a Tisas Zigana K 9mm semi auto. I bought it brand new. They have only been imported into the US recently. They are used by the turkish military and police. 9mm, holds 15 +1

It is a clone of a walther p88

Z%C4%B0GANA-K.jpg

Over 1K rounds of the cheapest ammo i can find down the tube, and only one ftf. It was during the 2nd mag ever fired from the gun, and my buddy was shooting so i'm not exactly sure what happened. I've also shot a few rounds of the good stuff jhp's just to make sure the ammo i actually carry feeds well.

It is accurate, and it feels really good in my dainty little hands.

Michigander

imported post

xraygil1 wrote:
I carry her in an Uncle Mike's sidekick-don't know if they still make that though.
I doubt they discontinued it, but if they did, Blackhawk makes a model almost identical to it.

Wiz

imported post

What ammo are you using in your 1895 OP? 7.62x38r is a weird little sucker, and hard to find.

I've got some post-war Soviet target ammunition and I'm picking up some Hotshot soon. But I've also got a nice amount of .32 S&W Longs for it.

After seeing what H&R Mags do with the gun on Youtube, I wouldn't recommend anyone trying that particular load. :p

B

Bikenut

imported post

It's not "weird" but it is kinda interesting...

I was carrying an NAA .22lr derringer/belt buckle combo for a while... until I heard about laws against "disguised" firearms. Never did any research to find out if that belt buckle gun was a legally defined "disguised" firearm... or qualifies as a "holstered gun"..... just quit carrying it.

But folks really liked it a lot. Many comments about "Is that a real gun?"

Which makes me think it could qualify as a "disguised" firearm. Dunno... will look it up one of these days.

I call it my "nose gun" because, with my big hands trying to hold onto the thing, if I were to use it for self defense I'd have to shove it up the bad guy's nose in order to hit anything... and even then I might miss...... :?

lapeer20m

imported post

Bikenut wrote:
ks really liked it a lot. Many comments about "Is that a real gun?"

Which makes me think it could qualify as a "disguised" firearm. Dunno... will look it up one of these days.
is there any such law pertaining to a disquised firearm? This is a new topic for me.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

Certain states, Virginia is a good example, will consider a firearm to be concealed even if clearly visible if it is presented in such a way as to cause the reasonable observer to not know that it is an actual firearm.

John

lapeer20m wrote:
Bikenut wrote:

is there any such law pertaining to a disquised firearm? This is a new topic for me.

1245A Defender

imported post

lapeer20m wrote:
Bikenut wrote:

i have worried about my tanfoglio GT 380 belt clip this is threaded on my belt and worn in the front where the belt buckle would be,,, even my OC pals have asked , if its real! i think it could be argued that it is disgised and illegal.
the law in washington state is aimed at cane guns, i think.
003.jpg

office888

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:

I would imagine it WOULD feel terrible compared to modern pistols.

The height over bore is ridiculous, combined with the antiquated materials, design, and lousy ergonomics.

But it's such an ugly pistol, so I love it!

I don't actually own one though. Down the road, it'll happen... :)

Cap'n'ball pistols are doable though. The Pietta kits only cost about $180 for eevverrything.

-Richard-

BudStrohs

imported post

I carry a Makarov 9x18. Not very common in the US, but not that rare. Have put hundreds of rounds through it without a problem. And it fits my small hands pretty well. Only complaint I have is the lack of self defense rounds. I can only find solid slugs.